Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Remote Start
Hello again,
Another setting I want to share that I tested.
When I start remote start the engine using the app there is no visual lights on the car except when it first starts, with the following config change when you use the Volvo app it will turn on the Thor's Hammer LED lights.

I did test the other available settings with no luck to use the Key to start up the car, if someone knows the trick or key buttons combination please let me know, I can try that as well.

My original settings are:
045 ENGINE REMOTE START PRECOND - 02 Remote Engine Start Precond from smartphone app

Here is what I changed:
045 ENGINE REMOTE START PRECOND - 03 ERS by app, Running light

With the setting once you start the car via the app, it will turn on the LED lights Smile
Is this just the hammer bits or the full lights on?
(02-05-2023, 05:05 AM)Partridge Wrote: Is this just the hammer bits or the full lights on?

Hammer bits and the rear LED lights
My opinion is I’d rather not draw attention to started car - the average criminal isn’t going to understand the keys aren’t in the car until they try and drive off, and fail, having smashed your drivers window… 
Less attention is better IMO!
(02-05-2023, 02:39 PM)x119 Wrote: My opinion is I’d rather not draw attention to started car - the average criminal isn’t going to understand the keys aren’t in the car until they try and drive off, and fail, having smashed your drivers window… 
Less attention is better IMO!

That's a really good point, I've never thought about it that way tbh
I changed this setting too, I prefer the lights on rather than dark car when started. 

x119 in USA, we have more violent crimes and less auto theft Big Grin That's why we get no double locks, no motion sensor, no steering lock...not that you can really get away with the remote started car any more than if it weren't running.

But we can set our own preference with OrBit ;-)
I like no lights when remote started in a busy parking lot so I don't disappoint the people searching for a spot.

But otherwise especially at my cottage where it's pitch black I really like the lights on.

So screw the others 8'm turning them on Big Grin
What about "06 ERS by app and ERS by key"?
Anyone know what are button combination in order to start the car?
Will be handy not to look after my phone all the time.
I've tried the ERS by app and key setting, no luck. Those of us that have tried, have tried every combination we can think of mashing buttons on the key...no start.

It might be there as a setting due to prevous generations, where there was start by key, and the sequence relied on a "lights" button that doesn't exist on the SPA and newer Volvo fob...
If i remeber corectly i was talking with this guy who activated Drive Mode for me in config that claim ERS will work but only for Police mode.
Maybe 050: Chassis Type will have anything with this.