Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Remote Start
I changed 045 ENGINE REMOTE START PRECOND - 03 ERS by app, Running light

And now I am unable to start my car with the app!!

Not sure why, I'll have to test more but it's quite cold outside lol

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
[Image: c07daa6f4fe283993870372d68c62b39.jpg]
(02-25-2023, 04:14 AM)BeachBoy Wrote: I changed 045 ENGINE REMOTE START PRECOND - 03 ERS by app, Running light

This is normal, if you ever did a TU or Calibration with VIDA, if you try remote start right away it would give you an error that you would need to drive a few miles for it to start working again.

So basically after you do the change just drive around for a bit then try it, it should be working
(02-27-2023, 05:56 AM)mamous Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 04:14 AM)BeachBoy Wrote: I changed 045 ENGINE REMOTE START PRECOND - 03 ERS by app, Running light

This is normal, if you ever did a TU or Calibration with VIDA, if you try remote start right away it would give you an error that you would need to drive a few miles for it to start working again.

So basically after you do the change just drive around for a bit then try it, it should be working
Yes indeed after driving it quite a bit it worked!

I did reinstall the app so I didn't really know what made it work hehe.

My app tells me "Recent Service visit, disabled, drive over 20mph to enable" or something like that. But yeah you learn that, as soon as you have connected the dongle to the car to use any diag software, OrBit or VIDA whatever, the remote start is disabled until the dongle is disconnected and the car has been driven over 20mph. Other reasons it won't start: Car is in standby mode (not driven for a few days and battery getting low), or if you run the fuel level down too low (~20mi to empty) it will refuse to remote start.

Many cold mornings after I had been doing dev work testing with the car the night before...I have to go out to the garage and start the car the old fashioned way...
hello guys, i want to share also.

living in Dubai, MY 2019 XC60 dont have any kind of remote start (all UAE volvo dont have sadly). i bought adapter from "MID CITY" and used OrBit option " 045 ENGINE REMOTE START PRECOND - 02 Remote Engine Start Precond from smartphone app". and now my car is starting up using the remote control.

im soooo happpy
2018 XC60 T6 R Design Polestar optimised
(Inscription seats & Rims)
Ahh yes, good find. The MidCity folks are not sure about which models they are compatible with... but it turns out their device mimics the remote start commands with the Volvo App, so if you have OrBit, you just need to make sure "remote start by app" is configured and the device should work!
(03-02-2023, 05:41 PM)Power6 Wrote: Ahh yes, good find. The MidCity folks are not sure about which models they are compatible with... but it turns out their device mimics the remote start commands with the Volvo App, so if you have OrBit, you just need to make sure "remote start by app" is configured and the device should work!

Verry nice, me i have "vdd dongle", pre-heater starts but remote engine it will refuse to start and the doors to open and close.
XC90 T8 2016 / B&W / POLESTAR ENGINEERD / 360 CAMERA.
(03-02-2023, 04:21 PM)Altawashm Wrote: hello guys, i want to share also.

living in Dubai, MY 2019 XC60 dont have any kind of remote start (all UAE volvo dont have sadly). i bought adapter from "MID CITY" and used OrBit option " 045 ENGINE REMOTE START PRECOND - 02 Remote Engine Start Precond from smartphone app". and now my car is starting up using the remote control.

im soooo happpy

Hi! just wondering, do you have VOC in your car?
(03-06-2023, 04:16 AM)olen27a Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 04:21 PM)Altawashm Wrote: hello guys, i want to share also.

im soooo happpy

Hi! just wondering, do you have VOC in your car?

Not sure what VOC means, but if ur talking about mobile service or SIM card no my car have nothing of that services.
2018 XC60 T6 R Design Polestar optimised
(Inscription seats & Rims)
For remote start do I have to pay for a subscription to be able to start it by app or how does it work? Also what is the range that the car has to be from me?