Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Remote Start
Hello, my XC 60 D3 2019 cannot be turned on from the app. It is manual transmission. Is there a possibility to modify this to be able to do it?
No, it is not possible and there is a reason for that. 
Anyway. there is physical switch that cuts the ignition if the clutch paddle is not pressed.
(03-03-2024, 09:57 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: No, it is not possible and there is a reason for that. 
Anyway. there is physical switch that cuts the ignition if the clutch paddle is not pressed.

In my opinion it doesn't make sense. By overriding that physical button, if the control unit detects that the vehicle is in neutral, it could turn on the engine. Otherwise, no. I think it's a brand mistake. It doesn't make sense that it can't be done. Just as the automatic gear must be in position P to be able to turn it on from the app, the manual gear must be in neutral.
(03-07-2024, 05:08 PM)davelillo Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 09:57 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: No, it is not possible and there is a reason for that. 

In my opinion it doesn't make sense.  By overriding that physical button, if the control unit detects that the vehicle is in neutral, it could turn on the engine.  Otherwise, no.  I think it's a brand mistake.  It doesn't make sense that it can't be done.  Just as the automatic gear must be in position P to be able to turn it on from the app, the manual gear must be in neutral.

Well, there are regulations for that which are different in every country. For example, in USA the clutch paddle must be pressed for ignition regardless if the gear is in N or not. So, car manufactures has nothing to do with it. However, the new regulations do not effect the older cars though. That's why you can find cars in USA do start without the clutch paddle pressed.