Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aux Lights
(06-17-2023, 12:08 PM)DiyEverything Wrote: Has anyone added fog lights to an SPA model that didn't have them? I can activate the feature through Orbit and that will turn the light on in the display when you push the foglight button. Now I need to find the right pins in the cem connector.

Look in this topic "what pins in the CEM are for the fog lights?"  I included the wiring info and diagram.
(06-14-2023, 11:57 PM)Another XC Wrote: I expect logic is similar to P2 vehicles and the AUX relay is only operated when main beams are high.  
It is reported that operation is denied when adaptive headlights respond (dip / adapt). 
This means legally compliant operation which is my intent.  
Aftermarket options for require CAN adaptors and integration of switches in the cabin - not a simple install either.

In the coming weeks I will be adding both the fog lights and Aux Lighting wiring from the CEM out to the front bumper 94-302 connector. At this point the Aux Lighting wire is an attempt at "future proofing" if I want to add something at a later date. I will test the Aux Lighting operation to confirm it's operational availability as compared to the IHU center display indication and how they are affected by the parking lights/headlights/highbeams operation.
(09-27-2023, 07:01 PM)quattro4awd Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 11:57 PM)Another XC Wrote: I expect logic is similar to P2 vehicles and the AUX relay is only operated when main beams are high.  
It is reported that operation is denied when adaptive headlights respond (dip / adapt). 
This means legally compliant operation which is my intent.  
Aftermarket options for require CAN adaptors and integration of switches in the cabin - not a simple install either.

In the coming weeks I will be adding both the fog lights and Aux Lighting wiring from the CEM out to the front bumper 94-302 connector. At this point the Aux Lighting wire is an attempt at "future proofing" if I want to add something at a later date. I will test the Aux Lighting operation to confirm it's operational availability as compared to the IHU center display indication and how they are affected by the parking lights/headlights/highbeams operation.

If you are already wiring the fog light, I suggest to pull two additional wires from the front bumper harness to the CEM for the side parking sensors. You might decide to add semi automatic parking in the future too. Take a look at this, might be helpful from where pull the wire.  All parking sensors share two wires pins 1 and 3, the middle pin of the sensor goes individually to CEM.