Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aux Lights
Continuing  earlier thread here

after changing the option       119  AUXILIARY LIGHTS
from       01 Without
to           02 With.

SENSUS HU has a new control

Now to check that the CEM connecter 191 pin 20 is switched to ground as reported.
(06-14-2023, 02:20 PM)Another XC Wrote: Continuing  earlier thread here

after changing the option       119  AUXILIARY LIGHTS
from       01 Without
to           02 With.

SENSUS HU has a new control

Now to check that the CEM connecter 191 pin 20 is switched to ground as reported.

When you’re checking for function, note that like fog lights there are conditions where Volvo will allow or deny aux light usage. Can’t remember off the top of my head, but if you don’t get ground then you might not have the headlights in the right mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I expect logic is similar to P2 vehicles and the AUX relay is only operated when main beams are high.  
It is reported that operation is denied when adaptive headlights respond (dip / adapt). 
This means legally compliant operation which is my intent.  
Aftermarket options for require CAN adaptors and integration of switches in the cabin - not a simple install either.
Has anyone added fog lights to an SPA model that didn't have them? I can activate the feature through Orbit and that will turn the light on in the display when you push the foglight button. Now I need to find the right pins in the cem connector.
(06-17-2023, 12:08 PM)DiyEverything Wrote: Has anyone added fog lights to an SPA model that didn't have them? I can activate the feature through Orbit and that will turn the light on in the display when you push the foglight button. Now I need to find the right pins in the cem connector.

It's near impossible to trace -  someone might have VIDA access - diagrams are available?

There is a copy here but it's hard to read.  Adding Fog lights to Momentum | SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum
I can take a look I have fog and all the diagrams

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Anybody see these lights from a company in Britain?

[Image: f60b86c0f3de98488e5edc42fc8a6c86.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-18-2023, 12:09 AM)BeachBoy Wrote: I can take a look I have fog and all the diagrams

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

That would be awesome, Thanks
2019 S60 T6 Momentum
Front fog lights wiring diagram (pdf)

Attached the pictures for the left fog (same on right)

To interpret, the vt/gn wire is for left forg, and the pink is for the right
They both come from unit 4/56 pins EN12 and EN56

4/56 is the Central Electronic Module (CEM)

picture shows where EN plug is and here is the 12 and 56 locations

What is weird is it looks like 12 and 56 are quite different connectors in the same plug.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Exterior light, front fog light.pdf (Size: 53.18 KB / Downloads: 19)
(07-02-2023, 03:07 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: Front fog lights wiring diagram (pdf)

Attached the pictures for the left fog (same on right)

To interpret, the vt/gn wire is for left forg, and the pink is for the right
They both come from unit 4/56 pins EN12 and EN56

4/56 is the Central Electronic Module (CEM)

picture shows where EN plug is and here is the 12 and 56 locations

What is weird is it looks like 12 and 56 are quite different connectors in the same plug.

Yes, they are different. I added fog lights myself to my S60 20219 and activated via Orbit. The most disappointing part of all this is that, pumper harness has the fog light connectors but there is no wiring from  the bumper connector to CEM. which is the hardest  part; wiring from the front pumper harness to CEM.I really don't get VOLVO how much money did they save with this 2 single wires within the harness.  terminal repair kits can be purchased from the dealer but there are at least tree different sizes. the repair kit is short wire with the metal socket into the CEM harness connecter head.  The fog lights are using common ground, and 2 individual wires to CEM.