Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Auxiliary Outputs???
I was looking at The Other Forum and noticed something about auxiliary lights. So, in another group, someone showed me how to hook up some auxiliary lights to the garage door opener. My mind got to running about how i could use that for an Exhaust Cutout. So I completely conceptualized and shopped for the products for my Vacuum activated exhaust cutout, BUT... now I'm wondering if there are other outputs from the CEM that could be used to activate relays that I would need to do this and it be just in the CEM... swipe Right, Tap Sport Mode and (Auxiliary Lights/Something else). 

is there anything else in the configs that allows something like this?
(03-26-2023, 07:40 PM)Bi.boosted Wrote: I was looking at The Other Forum and noticed something about auxiliary lights. So, in another group, someone showed me how to hook up some auxiliary lights to the garage door opener. My mind got to running about how i could use that for an Exhaust Cutout. So I completely conceptualized and shopped for the products for my Vacuum activated exhaust cutout, BUT... now I'm wondering if there are other outputs from the CEM that could be used to activate relays that I would need to do this and it be just in the CEM... swipe Right, Tap Sport Mode and (Auxiliary Lights/Something else). 

is there anything else in the configs that allows something like this?
There is option       119  AUXILIARY LIGHTS       01 Without
                                                                      02 With

When enabled there is a control on the settings screen to turn them on and off (they only illuminate when the high beam is activated).
An aux out from the CEM toggles to ground and can be used to control with a relay to supply power to the Aux lights.
Some dealers in Europe advertise a price for the option (programming charge plus software).  Legend has it is restricted to police vehicles whist some claim success.
I have the CEM wiring details and seen it active in Scandinavian police vehicles. 

My service tech made enquiries and said it wasn't available or event listed.

I would like to know if the control on the settings screen appeared with this option was toggled using orbit......... @Power6 It is worth the cost to activate this alone vs other CAN interface aftermarket options.
The CEM wiring is not as simple as the P2 models but not that difficult.
I suspect though that a software part might be required for the control in the HU.
You can enable this, and it does add the virtual button to the Sensus IHU, I have tested it. I assume that enables the output from the CEM even if nothing is wired to it. Then you should be able to wire it up, little bit of a pain as it is to wire from the CEM to under the hood, and have auxiliary lights working. And that appears to be what was reported from the Scandinavian forums, at least translated by Google ;-)
(05-09-2023, 08:13 PM)Power6 Wrote: You can enable this, and it does add the virtual button to the Sensus IHU, I have tested it. I assume that enables the output from the CEM even if nothing is wired to it. Then you should be able to wire it up, little bit of a pain as it is to wire from the CEM to under the hood, and have auxiliary lights working. And that appears to be what was reported from the Scandinavian forums, at least translated by Google ;-)

Thanks - great news.  
tool time.  
I'll provide an update in due course.