Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat belt reminder deactivation?
Just went through these, strangely, my USA model '24 XC40 ultimate was defaulted to "undefined".. Here's my results after going through the options:

Undefined (Default) - persistent chime, overhead view always on

EU Logic - Persistent chime, overhead view on sometimes, chime was louder, faster, and more frequent

USA Logic - Only a couple of chimes, can be dismissed, no overhead view

China Logic - No chime or overhead view

Now that i've changed it off it's default setting, I cant get it back to its original undefined value, any ideas here? I'll probably keep it on US logic but strange the undefined value is not an option
USA Model 2024 XC40 B5 Ultimate
Hey...I can fix this. The reason you can't get back to "undefined" is because the undefined value doesn't exist in OrBit database of settings. When we read the car, the config table is populated and any unrexognized settings will be inserted as "undefined" as a placeholder, and so we maintain the setting if you don't change it.  If you DO change the setting though, then when you connect the car next, the setting is matched, so no undefined setting is inserted. If that all makes sense ;-) FYI If you do Restore to OEM on the car, i would go back to the original setting. 

Do you happen to know the value was? We got 02-04 in there so maybe 01, or 05? I can add the setting to OrBit so you can choose it as we know it's a setting, perhaps a new one. I'd like to find a definitive description for it, so we know what it is, which I may be able to do.

BTW on the belt minder, I change my 2019 S60 from US to EU: US will ding reminder on start up if belt not buckled. EU setting does not. EU is more insistent with chimes if you drive off with an occupied seat with no belt buckled. I like this setting, hate the dings on startup, I always do buckle up, don't need the chime ;-)
I got this, probably the missing one is value "01" which i have added. It corresponds to "Us type Incl. key warning" don't know what that means, but it's there. You should be able to freely select that as it's defined in the database now.
Thats awesome, thank you!

Do I need to update the app or anything for the new setting to appear? If you'd like i'm happy to do a little testing to see what that setting does. My guess is it's the US chime sound but that it persists until you buckle up - also fine with me, I kind of liked it. The EU chime was very obnoxious, and the US setting seems a little too permissive, plus i like the overhead view in the dashboard
Does your XC40 have a start/stop button or is it a recharge? The recharge use your seat as the start/stop. The same seat detection module is used for the seatbelts. Maybe it is a setting specific to recharge.
(02-12-2024, 09:02 PM)Power6 Wrote: I got this, probably the missing one is value "01" which i have added. It corresponds to "Us type Incl. key warning" don't know what that means, but it's there. You should be able to freely select that as it's defined in the database now.

Went in today to check and it is showing "05 Undefined"