Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat belt reminder deactivation?
Question 
Hello,

hope i post in right subforum, my q is as subject says, how to disable seat belt reminder, i know most of you will ask why i do that, but simple i'm tired of saying every co-passenger "please use seat belt, to avoid audio warning" , as some of co-passengers don't like use seat belt, even i use it always, that's why need it?

So, is there any way to disable only passenger seat belt warning sound, i saw some ids in .xls file for config options, that can be disabled first row or second row, but didn't see option like at VAG cars for ex. where is possible disable driver seat belt reminder only or passenger seat belt reminder only?

And what's difference this config USA , EU seat belt reminder?

Thanks!
Use the "EU belt minder" for Item 138 to get rid of the "dings until buckle belt" of the US belt minder logic. It's got it's own quirks, the "overhead display" of the seats and buckle status stays on the display until you start driving or you dismiss it with the "O" button on the right side of the steering wheel. But no matter, I am using this, no more "race to beat the dings" every time I start the car! The EU logic will only *ding* if you drive off for a bit with no belt on, at least I think that is what it will do, I don't know, I always buckle up ;-)

You can choose "front seat" or "all seat" versions of those settings, so you can take away reminders for the rear seats totally. But not the front seats. If you do always buckle up, the EU setting will silence all the dings.
Thanks for sharing your experience Wink

I'm in Europe, so not sure is solution for me EU logic, and i'm not sure what logic is for US cars, but at .xls by beachboy, found these items related to seat belt reminder,

159 SAFETY BELT REMINDER

Code:
02 Belt minder all seats, US logic
03 Belt minder all seats, EU logic
04 Belt minder front seats, EU logic
80 Belt minder front seats, China logic
81 Belt minder all seats, China logic

319 SAFETY BELT REMINDER 2ND ROW

Code:
01 No rear seat occupant detection switches
02 Rear seat occupant detection switches outer seats
03 2nd row occupant detection switches outer and middle seats

138 SECOND ROW BELT BUCKLE DETECTION

Code:
01 Without Second Row Belt Buckle Detection
02 Second Row Belt Buckle Detection, Left & Right Belts
03 Second Row Belt Buckle Detection, Left, Right & Middle Belts

so, for 2nd row is easier to disable that sound+visual warning, and for front row not sure is there anyway, except try USA logic, as suppose in my car is EU logic from item 159, as it's EU car, i see at link below, some russian workshop, think he use Orbit too,

https://www-drive2-com.translate.goog/o/...r_pto=wapp

in comments someone asked him about way it works, and he wrote that used "american" belt, probably means usa logic at 159 coding Smile .

So please can someone who use USA logic for seat belt reminder tell us how it works, does it stop annyoing sound ding whole time if not buckled, or whatever?

And if here someone from China, please post what way it works with China logic this reminder Smile ?

I buckle whole time too, but often passenger first row don't want buckle - friends Smile , and then whole time that horrible sound Smile !

As i read at some places, if not buckled, then airbag will not work as usual work, and that's best always buckle it.

Thanks!
I might give the EU thing a try. I hate it when the overhead disappears so quickly as I’m using it to make sure the kids are belted.

As long as it doesn’t do that thing my 2017 used to do before they updated it. It would let me drive off without my seatbelt on but then the moment the car came to a stop it would throw on the parking brake until you were either belted or manually overrode it. Resulting in you stopping for a second in traffic and being dead in the water until you figured out the problem. Nearly got rear ended a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No sense try EU logic, as i'm located in Europe, and already in car EU logic Smile . So, tested USA logic, and that's solution for EU cars, who want disable seat belt reminders sound + graphics, both solved by USA logic, at beginning it start with sound+graphic warning about seat belt, but after few seconds both disappear, not like EU logic, where it whole time beep and graphic warning not disappear until we buckle it Smile .

Yes, understand about that case when not belted that parking brake activate Smile  and as you told at first can totally be strange until realize why it happens Smile ,  same like when open door that parking brake activate, think for this 2nd case there is on options on display where we can disable activating hand brake when door opens.

Just hope when using this USA logic, and beep sound + graphical warning stop after few seconds not influent on activation of airbags, cause if remember at some cars if not belted, airbag won't activate.

I always use seat belt , buckled always , but sometimes passenger with me in car doesn't like use it, and that's why i wanted stop this sound+graphic warning, cause i use it anyway disabled sound warning or not, seat belt using is for me by default, but not all people have same habits Smile , specially if company in car some friends Smile .
(06-20-2023, 12:37 PM)traveler Wrote: No sense try EU logic, as i'm located in Europe, and already in car EU logic Smile . So, tested USA logic, and that's solution for EU cars, who want disable seat belt reminders sound + graphics, both solved by USA logic, at beginning it start with sound+graphic warning about seat belt, but after few seconds both disappear, not like EU logic, where it whole time beep and graphic warning not disappear until we buckle it Smile .

Yes, understand about that case when not belted that parking brake activate Smile  and as you told at first can totally be strange until realize why it happens Smile ,  same like when open door that parking brake activate, think for this 2nd case there is on options on display where we can disable activating hand brake when door opens.

Just hope when using this USA logic, and beep sound + graphical warning stop after few seconds not influent on activation of airbags, cause if remember at some cars if not belted, airbag won't activate.

I always use seat belt , buckled always , but sometimes passenger with me in car doesn't like use it, and that's why i wanted stop this sound+graphic warning, cause i use it anyway disabled sound warning or not, seat belt using is for me by default, but not all people have same habits Smile , specially if company in car some friends Smile .
I am also against not using seat belt. Everyone that drives with me, front or back, needs to have it buckled but I know the law is that pregnant women and some people that have medical prescription (against it) are not obligated to wear it (at least in Romania, Germany and Italy) so the airbag is still on regardless. You can only deactivate the airbag on the passager side of the dashboard with the key. So no worries there
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(06-15-2023, 04:16 PM)traveler Wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience Wink

I'm in Europe, so not sure is solution for me EU logic, and i'm not sure what logic is for US cars, but at .xls by beachboy, found these items related to seat belt reminder,

159 SAFETY BELT REMINDER

Code:
02 Belt minder all seats, US logic
03 Belt minder all seats, EU logic
04 Belt minder front seats, EU logic
80 Belt minder front seats, China logic
81 Belt minder all seats, China logic

319 SAFETY BELT REMINDER 2ND ROW

Code:
01 No rear seat occupant detection switches
02 Rear seat occupant detection switches outer seats
03 2nd row occupant detection switches outer and middle seats

138 SECOND ROW BELT BUCKLE DETECTION

Code:
01 Without Second Row Belt Buckle Detection
02 Second Row Belt Buckle Detection, Left & Right Belts
03 Second Row Belt Buckle Detection, Left, Right & Middle Belts

so, for 2nd row is easier to disable that sound+visual warning, and for front row not sure is there anyway, except try USA logic, as suppose in my car is EU logic from item 159, as it's EU car, i see at link below, some russian workshop, think he use Orbit too,

https://www-drive2-com.translate.goog/o/...r_pto=wapp

in comments someone asked him about way it works, and he wrote that used "american" belt, probably means usa logic at 159 coding Smile .

So please can someone who use USA logic for seat belt reminder tell us how it works, does it stop annyoing sound ding whole time if not buckled, or whatever?

And if here someone from China, please post what way it works with China logic this reminder Smile ?

I buckle whole time too, but often passenger first row don't want buckle - friends Smile , and then whole time that horrible sound Smile !

As i read at some places, if not buckled, then airbag will not work as usual work, and that's best always buckle it.

Thanks!

I am in china, 159 set to 03 EU logic all seats by factory.
I changed 159 config 03 to 81, the logic like 03
21 LATE XC90 B5 WITH NO BENDING BEAM
(06-20-2023, 05:34 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: I am also against not using seat belt. Everyone that drives with me, front or back, needs to have it buckled but I know the law is that pregnant women and some people that have medical prescription (against it) are not obligated to wear it (at least in Romania, Germany and Italy) so the airbag is still on regardless. You can only deactivate the airbag on the passager side of the dashboard with the key. So no worries there

Absolutely agree, but some people don't like use seat belt Smile ...   That's good info, as i was afraid if disable seat belt remind sound+graphics, that can influent on aribag that not activate. Yes, remember about those special cases where not obligatory using seat belt.

Yes, that way know about deactivation, when we have baby at fron seat in baby seat. Tnx for info.

(06-20-2023, 11:48 PM)ztsoft Wrote: I am in china, 159 set to 03 EU logic all seats by factory.
I changed 159 config 03 to 81, the logic like 03

Not sure what does China logic, but USA logic solved my case, and no more whole time sound beep or graphic warning when seat belt not buckled.
I am in USA and just tried and I have zero sound.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yes, it's correct, when used USA logic, it just few second warning and visual warning and then stop, at EU logic, it not stop until we buckled , so USA logic solve it Smile .