2nd parameter invalid value:

Raw hex data:
01006A05000000

For the record, I changed the following bits:

106: 0C
109: 05
256: 03
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
So it looks like, for config parameters, you have no reported issue there (the invalid "106" was "05", but you are not using that, you have set "0C" or "12") which must be OK with the HCMs, so that seems like it's not the issue. But then what is...

Another thing to check, is on the CEM, check E103 as well. Probably nothing to see there, but you get a similar type of readout, more comprehensive. I know from experiece, anything here other than "all Zeros" would be a config compatiblity problem. Probably the issue is lower level, the config is fine but something in the HCMs don't like what is happening.
Maybe, I did test it with 106 in parameter 5. Could that be the issue? 

I tried to reset the fault codes but I am unable to. Maybe disconnect the battery for a total reset? 

I will try e103 tomorrow on the CEM.
The factory settings for ABL are below.

106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 0B LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village
256 BENDING LIGHT - 03 With Bending Light in High and Low Beam

I messed up mine got bunch of HMLR / HMLL codes. took several steps to get rid of them. 
I don't have  LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range but I just wanted to try with those settings. 

Since you actually changed the lights. So, maybe try one by one. 

First clear all the DTCs. 
Then, 

106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 0B LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village
256 BENDING LIGHT  > without (since your car did not have those. 

After programing, clear again all the DTCs. 
right after that turn off and lock the car. Wait at least 10 minutes. 

Then 
Check and clear all DTCs. 
Change (program) 
256 BENDING LIGHT - 03 With Bending Light in High and Low Beam

Check and clear all DTCs. 
right after that turn off and lock the car. Wait at least 10 minutes. 

Check if bending lights works. 

I hope this helps you and you get your bendy lights. 
(03-02-2023, 06:25 PM)Power6 Wrote: So it looks like, for config parameters, you have no reported issue there (the invalid "106" was "05", but you are not using that, you have set "0C" or "12") which must be OK with the HCMs, so that seems like it's not the issue. But then what is...

Another thing to check, is on the CEM, check E103 as well. Probably nothing to see there, but you get a similar type of readout, more comprehensive. I know from experiece, anything here other than "all Zeros" would be a config compatiblity problem. Probably the issue is lower level, the config is fine but something in the HCMs don't like what is happening.

Code:
DID Result for CEM

E103 - Car Configuration Parameter Faults

Number of invalid car configuration parameter values recognised by CEM:

So no faults whatsover. 

Even when I restore it back to defaults it's giving me those HCML/HCMR invalid configuration faults. (I did not swap left or right)

Looks like it does not reset using Orbit.

I tried to disconnect the battery but unfortunately no luck. Any Ideas?
There is probably be a condition that is causing those codes to persist. Config mismatch is one thing but there can be more to "software incompatible". Volvo does not document such things for us, we have to learn by trying There could always be a problem with OrBit, I am always up for fixing issues! But the code clear is a pretty straightforward process and we know OrBit clears codes with out issue on all ECUs. I would go on the assumption that is not an issue right now, the codes aren't going away because the problem is something low level enough with the HCMs, the code is immediately set. 

One thing I have seen, may be unrelated but worth considering...I change config a lot when testing, flash to OEM and then back to my favorite settings. Occasionally I get codes for parking sensors...they do not go away, no matter how many times I clear codes, they come right back. In that case, I had found only driving the car, they will go away. As if some "operation" was needed before whatever condition is satisfied that causes those codes to go away.  I know you probably have tried driving the car and all that but maybe just something to try again, or an idea of where to go with this. 

I guess at some level, though we know some cases we have looked at the HCMs hardware and software are the same non-bendy to bendy lights, perhaps that is not complete across every possible car. Volvo is free to make changes as they see fit without consulting us. If it were me I would maybe swap the HCMs to the ones that came with the lights and see what the result is there.
I just bought an ENET and waiting for it to buy also Orbit. The car is from Europe.

The headlight looks like this: [Image: bFPfhmk]

https://ibb.co/bFPfhmk

I have no settings for bending lights, but I see the lights moving each time I start the car. Can I activate any matrix light functionality?
My headlights have an auto for low and high beams but only switch on or off.

Any ideas?
XC90 D4, FWD
Finally got around to filming the adaptive lights.

This is on a North American 2019 XC90 with bending lights.

https://youtu.be/nf3FSC4dmG4

https://youtu.be/6QLuPdIg1Y0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-12-2023, 07:20 PM)Partridge Wrote: Finally got around to filming the adaptive lights.

Yep
They do function the same as mine. The only difference that I can see is the first activation, when they spread, the "longer" beam is instant where mine is a fade. After that, they function and look the same
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(03-13-2023, 03:44 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(03-12-2023, 07:20 PM)Partridge Wrote: Finally got around to filming the adaptive lights.

Yep
They do function the same as mine. The only difference that I can see is the first activation, when they spread, the "longer" beam is instant where mine is a fade. After that, they function and look the same

The system is quite aggressive about not dazzling oncoming traffic. Too many cars around. Low beam. Overhead lights. Low beam.

Honestly, I’ve been running them for a couple weeks now and I have not been flashed at once. Not a single time.

I’ve always felt like the full flashing on and off of the standard active high beams seemed like it might be annoying to other traffic, but I do wonder what the adaptive lights look like from the outside.