Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending Lights and Active High Beam
Hello,
I'm posting this for both features Bending Lights (256) and Active High Beam (109) if anyone is interested and his car currently have the hardware.
My car is MY21 XC60 T8

My original settings are
106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 0B LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village
256 BENDING LIGHT - 02 With Bending Light

Here is what I changed and the results:
256 BENDING LIGHT - 03 With Bending Light in High and Low Beam
Before my car would have the bendy light feature on low beam and if the high beam comes on from the AHB1 or manually it would not bend, changing this to 03 it allowed the lights to bend even when the High beam is on.

109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM  - 05 With AHB2 (Adaptive), High Beam in Small Village
After enabling this I got the cool "Shadow Technology" feature working, you can definitely see the headlights moving and switching on / off by zones the only thing so far maybe another setting or maybe that's how they are designed, it doesn't work on major freeways and when it does on other roads if you exceed 75 mph it won't work.

Glad to hear any suggestions or finding about this as well

Thank you Smile
Thanks! I will add for the folks like me, without bendy lights ;-( but who do have the LED type non-bendy headlights like my 2019 S60:

Original settings:
106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 09 LED, without Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND Mid Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village  

New setting:

I change just that, and get adaptive beams, it works. Probably not as fancy as the bendy ones.

From my experience and feedback from others, I hve gathered the "High Beam in small village" is the preferred setting, otherwise the preference of the lights seems to be to switch to low beam (no adaptive) on most secondary roads, not using the adaptive beam.
Perhaps worth trying the Bending Lights setting further down the list. 

My UK spec car has the option but the headlights are set up as LED, without bending light, with HCM ROW High.The bending element is activated outside this line.
(02-02-2023, 09:20 PM)Power6 Wrote: Thanks! I will add for the folks like me, without bendy lights ;-( but who do have the LED type non-bendy headlights like my 2019 S60:

Original settings:
106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 09 LED, without Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND Mid Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village  

New setting:

I change just that, and get adaptive beams, it works. Probably not as fancy as the bendy ones.

From my experience and feedback from others, I hve gathered the "High Beam in small village" is the preferred setting, otherwise the preference of the lights seems to be to switch to low beam (no adaptive) on most secondary roads, not using the adaptive beam.

So what I think we need at this point is to figure out what the Headlights Type is for people outside the US who have adaptive high beams.  I suspect that it is 

106 Headlights Type - 0C LED, without Bending Light, Type B, With HCM ROW High Range

So
09= USA non-bendy Mid Range
0A= ?ROW Mid Range?
0B= USA bendy High Range
0C= ROW non-bendy High Range

Oddly there is no a Bendy ROW version, that seems to be a USA only thing? Odd since I believe they do bending in ROW.

Currently with the setups mentioned above we definitely do not get the full spate of option settings seen in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzN9QVRY_Q
See my post above.....I have that exact scenario. 

It's activated separately, rather than in this line item.

Next time I'm in the car I'll grab a picture of the sensus exterior lighting menu and the Orbit Config.
(02-02-2023, 11:28 PM)silo24 Wrote: See my post above.....I have that exact scenario. 

It's activated separately, rather than in this line item.

Next time I'm in the car I'll grab a picture of the sensus exterior lighting menu and the Orbit Config.

Lol. I think you posted while I was composing mine over the course of a few hours.  But yes, that would be super helpful.

I feel like with the current settings we might have two different systems working against each other and interacting in ways that may not be what a normal Adaptive car does.
My car came from factory with AHB2 so they look like this:
- 102 - 01 without designed position lights
- 106 - 0C - LED, without bending Light, Type B, with HCM ROW High Range
- 109 - 04 - with AHB2, low beam in Village

I think the same settings does different thing for different cars. Maybe on XC90 you need different configuration
My car does have the bending lights (now even in High Beam) even tho it says without bending. Also mine over 120km/h its only on/off, without the shadowing

2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(02-03-2023, 10:44 AM)marinalin85 Wrote: My car came from factory with AHB2 so they look like this:

I think the same settings does different thing for different cars. Maybe on XC90 you need different configuration
My car does have the bending lights (now even in High Beam) even tho it says without bending

My configuration on my 2019 V90 is the same as yours but...

Have a look in the full list......nearer the bottom of the table is a separate "Bending Lights" entry. 

I'm away from my car today so can't give you the line number!

I don't think we get the option to switch bending lights off in the Sensus menu structure in ROW.
(02-03-2023, 11:22 AM)silo24 Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 10:44 AM)marinalin85 Wrote: My car came from factory with AHB2 so they look like this:

My car does have the bending lights (now even in High Beam) even tho it says without bending

Have a look in the full list......nearer the bottom of the table is a separate "Bending Lights" entry. 

I don't think we get the option to switch bending lights off in the Sensus menu structure in ROW.

I can turn Bending Light on or off from Sensus. And it does work
I forgot to add that
256 - Bending Light - With bending lights only in Low Beam (original, I changed to Low and High beam)
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(02-03-2023, 02:47 PM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:22 AM)silo24 Wrote:

I can turn Bending Light on or off from Sensus. And it does work
I forgot to add that
256 - Bending Light - With bending lights only in Low Beam (original, I changed to Low and High beam)

Ah, ok. That's interesting. Although I don't have the option of with bending light only in low beam....do you mean only in high beam?

With mine, 256 was set to 02 With Bending Light. With that setting, there is no button in Sensus.

I'll try and change to 03 With Bending Light in Low and High Beam. Will see if a button in Sensus magically appears!