Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
I googled a little and found a forum where people a speaking about OEM retrofit for PA and ACC in Volvo XC40. One man with MY21 XC40 said on that forum he made a retrofit for PA and ACC and dealer didn't change pump - it is also very good sign that what you said is true. But  as you said "the best is  to check with camera, what abs unit do you have".  
By the way, I also googled  for the new OEM pump number for my  MY21 XC40, and the original part number would be not like yours, last three numbers would be 704 (not 774), so probably different for different Volvos, but maybe last number "4" instead of "2" is important.
(03-03-2023, 09:27 AM)luka.gunza Wrote: I googled a little and found a forum where people a speaking about OEM retrofit for PA and ACC in Volvo XC40. One man with MY21 XC40 said on that forum he made a retrofit for PA and ACC and dealer didn't change pump - it is also very good sign that what you said is true. But  as you said "the best is  to check with camera, what abs unit do you have".  
By the way, I also googled  for the new OEM pump number for my  MY21 XC40, and the original part number would be not like yours, last three numbers would be 704 (not 774), so probably different for different Volvos, but maybe last number "4" instead of "2" is important.

Correct part numbers for ABS units are 32214775 or 30795868, for complete units, with proper ACC functioning. On the back, aliuminium plate, You'll have number 32214804 for proper, "updated" part, and 32214803 for "weak" part and therefore, as I mentioned, on proper ABS unit's pump will be 774, and on the "weak"-772. 
To see number on aliuminium plate, you need to dismantle plastic covers above unit, around wipers. To save time, it is easier find the number on the ABS unit pump.
It is just a "lifehack" to find out what you have, instead of spending time on plastic covers removal.

here You van see, take a look on pictures:

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-...60-v60-_JM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255956933519
Thought I would give an update on my attempts at activating acc.
I’ve changed the parameters that others have suggested;
023 - changed to 03 acc level 1
145 - changed to 04 with level 3
238 - now I have a 2021 S60 B5, mild petrol hybrid. However, I’ve changed the Top damping brakes to 02 with top damping, just to see if it made any difference.

Immediately got a ‘brake failure warning’, so then cleared the ABS on the shortcut menu. Brake failure warning was still there, so turned off the car and left it for 1 hr. When I got back to the car all warning codes were gone. I took the car for a run and aac works! It was a bit scary waiting to see if it would stop, but it did.

As far as changing 238 to ‘with top damping brakes’ I didn’t notice any difference, I’ll try setting it back to it’s original and see if it changes anything.
I’ve reset 238 back to ‘without top damping brakes’ and made no difference, so it looks like on a mild hybrid car (mine is a B5) you can leave 238 alone.
I finally managed to install Curve Speed assist !
I know have a second option in Pilot assist on top of steering assist which is curve speed assist. And when it activated the car slows down in a curve and shows on the icon or pilot assist on the dash a curved road in yellow. 
For this I set 148 to with curve assistance and 149 to road sign recognition.
XC60 B4 2022 Momentum pro - Pilot assist and Polestar mode with Orbit
Yes, it looks like you did it
Can you tell more precisely what did yo do:
1) for 148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT - which number (from 01 to 04) ???
2) for 149 ROAD SIGN INFORMATION - which number (from 01 to many numbers here..) ???

Also, do you still have this for PA/ACC like I think you write before:
023 CRUISE CONTROL -04 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL STOP & GO LEVEL 1
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST - 04 WITH TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST, LEVEL 3
238 TOP DAMPING BRAKES - 02 FRICTION BRAKES ACTUATOR WITH TOP DAMPING  ??????
(03-10-2023, 09:13 AM)luka.gunza Wrote: Yes, it looks like you did it
Can you tell more precisely what did yo do:
1) for 148 CURVE SPEED SUPPORT - which number (from 01 to 04) ???
2) for 149 ROAD SIGN INFORMATION - which number (from 01 to many numbers here..) ???

Also, do you still have this for PA/ACC like I think you write before:
023 CRUISE CONTROL -04 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL STOP & GO LEVEL 1
145 TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST - 04 WITH TRAFFIC JAM ASSIST, LEVEL 3
238 TOP DAMPING BRAKES - 02 FRICTION BRAKES ACTUATOR WITH TOP DAMPING  ??????

My setting are: 

023 - to 04
145 - to 05
148 - to 04
149 - to 09 (I am in EU)
238 - to 01
036 - to 03

With that i have the Curve Speed Assist option to select or not and in my city (not even in highway) it slowed down on a curve of a secondary road and showed the sign on the dashboard

What is weird is that on the official Volvo XC60 Early 22 model it does not show this function, however it works. It's a yellow icon like the one of the car or the wheel but it shows a curved road.
https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/...lot-assist
(03-10-2023, 08:30 AM)krounchou Wrote: I finally managed to install Curve Speed assist !
I know have a second option in Pilot assist on top of steering assist which is curve speed assist. And when it activated the car slows down in a curve and shows on the icon or pilot assist on the dash a curved road in yellow. 
For this I set 148 to with curve assistance and 149 to road sign recognition.
Ah, I have the icon in the settings but could not figure out how it worked!!!
[Image: bad5ad312591d220cad55ac7b4eb76bc.jpg]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I think you need to try on a road and need to have your Pilot assist set on a slightly higher speed than recommended and Pilot Assist will slow down when approaching the curve. I think it's GPS based also so not working everywhere.
Thanks krounchow, you was very informative, so you changed a little settings than before.
I am also in EU
I have XC40, and when I google I cant find nothing about curve assist, there are no guides for any year for XC40.
Instead, I found curve assist volvo guides only for xc60, xc90, v60, s60 and only for some years, no guides for any year for XC40.
So, I am still not sure wiould I try it on XC40, it looks like I would do nothing.
I’ve got the tile in sensus, however I haven’t seen any behavior that shows that it is actually working.

Does a special icon come up in the DIM or HUD when it is reducing speed for a curve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk