Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUD Retrofit
Wink 
I am in SOCAL, I never need heated one, no freezing cold  weather nor snow here  :-) But on the other hand it's damn expensive.
okey. it's done. finally. if i would rate this retrofit it stands as an 8/10, same as retrofitting four-c on my old xc70. be advise, have a friend to help you. i skipped that part and i can tel you that your back will hurt. 

so regarding the window. i can confirm that not having hud windscreen will make it look dubbel and slightly unsharp. i will replace my windows tomorrow to the correct windscreen and will report back later if it's a big difference.

also i will take pictures of the quality betwen the windscreens. 

if you wonder if i bought a new dash or not i can tell you that i did not. i used the dashboard cover to cut the hole. ther is a guide pin under the dahs so place the cover correctly towards that pin and it will be positioned corectrly

pictruer will come in next post.

for those who is reading this and planing to buy a volvo. save you the time and buy one with hud pre installed as it is a big jobb to retrofit

CAR in question: V90 T8 INSCRIPTION  MY18
retrofited stuff:
massage/ventilated seats
B&W
HUD
REAR CAMERA
ELECTIRC TOW HITCH

coming soon:
PAP

comming in future
4x air suspension 
360 Camera
TV via MEDIA SERVER

hopfully comming
BIGGER ERAD
FASTER OBC
BIGGER BATTERY
SOFTWER TO ALOW FULL GAS AND -
NOT TO START THE ICE as MY 19 got
I made retrofit to my V60, and i needed another cluster to, because mine doesn't had LVDS output. My dash was marked on the back, and i cuted without problems
2019 Volvo V60
(10-13-2024, 05:38 PM)paunionutz Wrote: I made retrofit to my V60, and i needed another cluster to, because mine doesn't had LVDS output. My dash was marked on the back, and i cuted without problems

Can you share some pictures?