Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior lights
(09-29-2024, 04:08 PM)wirelessnate Wrote: One other question. In my XC60 I have enabled mid lights I believe and it allowed the front center light to be changed to different colors. The ones above the rear doors are not lit. Would I need to change the entire assembly to update that? Or is it also wiring?

It’s the assembly. The cars that don’t have high level illumination don’t have the additional LED in the rear reading lights just the lenses are the same. If you swap them they will work. Lights with  chrome bezel have the additional LED and lights with the same colour bezel as the headliner do not.
(09-29-2024, 05:15 PM)TrstnBrtt Wrote:
(09-29-2024, 04:08 PM)wirelessnate Wrote: One other question. In my XC60 I have enabled mid lights I believe and it allowed the front center light to be changed to different colors. The ones above the rear doors are not lit. Would I need to change the entire assembly to update that? Or is it also wiring?

It’s the assembly. The cars that don’t have high level illumination don’t have the additional LED in the rear reading lights just the lenses are the same. If you swap them they will work. Lights with  chrome bezel have the additional LED and lights with the same colour bezel as the headliner do not.

Thank you for the answer! My wifes XC90 has the rear lights and I really like it. Will try to find some at pull a part or similar.
(09-29-2024, 05:15 PM)TrstnBrtt Wrote:

Is this the one that should have the rear led?
Do you have the part number by any chance? [Image: cd784e56ac9b7b0ee3c397343a975a19.jpg]

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
32289789  Left Rear Inner Reading Lamp
32289790  Right Rear Inner Reading Lamp

Showing them as about $160 US each brand new. 

correct me on the part numbers if i am wrong. 

Thank you!
Does anyone know if those lights are the same between v60 and xc90? I found one locally in good shape but part number corresponds to xc90. It looks the same but who knows why volvo engineers made different part numbers. It costs approx 40 usd including shipping. According to volvo catalogue there are 2 lights, one for each row (second and third) for xc90 and this is one of them.

Those numbers above are different parts. I'm looking for that middle reading light. Xc90 part number 31457644.
Picture from local offer for xc90 attached. Looks the same to me. Not sure if I want to risk 40usd. [Image: 23264fe2e3b3a828c97e1b3523900606.jpg]

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka