OrBit Forums
Interior lights - Printable Version

+- OrBit Forums (https://forums.spaycetech.com)
+-- Forum: Configuration Items (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lights (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Interior lights (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Pages: 1 2

Interior lights - Pliind - 09-01-2023

Hi!

There is a small diod in the front light module and headliner light that can be activated, however does anybody know how to get RGB working on these?

I've found setting 183 INTERIOR ILLUMINATION. mine was default on 03 Interior lighting, mid version. But changing this to one of the two RGB versions (base or high) does nothing.
I've also found 215 "DECO TRIM ILLUMINATION" and set this to "03 with Deco Trim illiumination, roof" (default was 01) then i got the setting to set mood light but not color. (leds are controllable however but only shine in white)

Am i missing a third option? or is the RGB hardware based? 

RE: Interior lights - x119 - 09-01-2023

My RGB is set to Interior Illumination 02 High. Believe it’s hardware based. 

Some guy called Power6 did a full retrofit - seeing as he is the boss here too I’m sure he’ll chip in with more info shortly Smile : https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/adding-high-level-illumination-to-a-2019-with-mid-level-illumination.647565/#post-7871886

RE: Interior lights - Pliind - 09-01-2023

(09-01-2023, 09:31 PM)x119 Wrote: My RGB is set to Interior Illumination 02 High. Believe it’s hardware based. 

Some guy called Power6 did a full retrofit - seeing as he is the boss here too I’m sure he’ll chip in with more info shortly Smile : https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/adding-high-level-illumination-to-a-2019-with-mid-level-illumination.647565/#post-7871886

Interesting! I'm probably not going to go that deep into changing doors etc, just fun to activate hardware in roof since it's just sitting there. Got my headliner and hardware from a car with black details so im hopefull that i have RGB support Smile 

What is your default setting in 215?

RE: Interior lights - Pliind - 09-03-2023

Fidled around a bit, activated the high setting in illumination, got the rgb-controlls but cannot control any of the lights in the roof. Changed back to my previouse setting where i atleast got white light but that setting is not even shown anymore. A bit confused regarding that...

Interior lights - BeachBoy - 09-05-2023

It would be kind of crazy they install a white LED vs RGB one in there... A different p/n for no cost savings.

I understand the door and extra lights not installed (what power6 retrofitted) but the ceiling lights to change color I would guess should be easy!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Interior lights - Pliind - 09-09-2023

Went back to 

183 - 03 (mid)
215 - high rgb

Now the LED's are alive, but cannot control them. Gonna see if the controls show up tomorrow.

RE: Interior lights - Power6 - 09-11-2023

I think the deco trim illumination is a setting not used on the SPAs. At least it's not related with respect to my 2019 S60, other models I know do have trim illumination that the S60 does not have.

I would change that 215 setting back to original. Change only 183 interior illumination to "02" for high level. I am assuming you are changing from "mid" level "03". Then the overhead LED up front should be able to adjust color by the "mood lighting" settings in the Sensus (or Android, don't know what those menus look like). It should work, it did on my S60 before I installed all the high level LED units, that little overhead light is in fact the same, just locked to white when you have the mid illumination! No errors as well, that I know of, if you have that enabled and don't have any of the additional LED units connected.

My mid illumination 2019 S60 did not have the overhead mood lights in the rear map light units, as the high level car does. I replace those units with ones that do have the little mood LEDs in them and those will follow the color setting. Either way it is the most basic "color adjustable" lighting possible that Volvo used hehe...

RE: Interior lights - IMAY2023 - 09-13-2023

I have the high level from the factory. Yes, you can change the RGB mood colors. There are five or seven different colors If I recall. 
In my opinion, those small led lights  are not worthy of the effort nor of the money spend just to add the small led lights. Its effect is barely noticeable. You'll need to turn off all the ambient lights only then just may be you can see the it. Other wise, it's just a small power led. My advise, before spending any money and effort, just sit in a car that has it and decide.

Interior lights - BeachBoy - 09-14-2023

My kids love the colors.

I change these once every two weeks at least. Purple, orange, blue, amber, etc.

Driving at night it's quite noticeable if you set to high.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Interior lights - hak8711 - 09-14-2023

Does the polestar 2 also have RGB that could be enabled