Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending Lights and Active High Beam
Mine also has the memory function for the Adaptive lights. And yes, after 120kmph it disables but not imediately. Sometimes it stays longer ? 
I think it won't work past that because the car knows how fast the motor for the beam is, going faster meaning they should move faster to not blind the others. It has its limits
Still great that you can do that in non-adaptive region
A guy from Slovakia has an XC60 with MID LED and this doesn't work for him. Or at least on XC60 (in Slovakia, adaptive leds are allowed)
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(02-27-2023, 07:33 AM)mamous Wrote: Still doesn't work on major freeways / above 75 mph.

I got the non-bendies...but I did have some time, like a lot of it, last October. I took a ride out to Pennsylvania (from MA) 8-9hr ride, on the PA turnpike at night, it goes on forever!! I did set the adaptives and just let them do their thing. I drive about 80mph that's my typical speed nd probably a little more taking my opportunities through the truck traffic. They still did seem to work, but not a lot, like reduced functionality. Mostly binary high/low but occasionally I could see the beam height adjusting for oncoming side of the freeway, when the landscape was wide open and the oncoming lanes were visible. The oncoming cars are at a great distance in these cases, not sudden approach like undivided lanes.
Yes, Auto High Beam (on/off) is kept. And they also go a little higher/lower based on the traffic. But that is mostly annoying always turn on and off Wink)
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
I’ve just found pair of the bendy lights. 
Will try to retrofit them. Not that hard probably as the HCM’s on the back has the same partnumber as the non bendys. :-)
(02-28-2023, 01:44 PM)TweakeNL Wrote: I’ve just found pair of the bendy lights. 
Will try to retrofit them. Not that hard probably as the HCM’s on the back has the same partnumber as the non bendys. :-)

I just checked on VIDA with my last day of subscription. 
The controller part number is the same for both with ABL and without ABL 32365274 (S60 2019+) 
However, the Headlamp Assembly part number is different with ABL (32314182) and without ABL (32314194). 

So, what you can do.  take your control unit and put it on the new  Headlamp Assembly you got. Then add the ABL from OrBit. If you change the unit, you will need to re program and calibrate it from VIDA. which then will be pain in the b*. VIDA does not let you to use a used module.
Yes, you will need to recalibratie it if you are using a different HCM. But if I take my own HCM it should work.

Going to let you know in a couple of days how this went. :-)
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
I worked with another who did some research on this. We came to that conclusion, the HCM is the same, even the software part numbers loaded are the same between bendy and non-bendy. So as soon as I would find some decent priced bendy headlights used on the market in USA, I would be trying this myself!

I'd think you may be OK with swapping the light with the HCM if it's used unit, you should have the same (or earlier/later version of same) software already loaded to the modules. I probably have the software files to load a new module, but who would do that (and OrBit is not opened for flashing other modules than CEM quite yet). There is also a "special" procedure for identical "handed" modules when new, i.e. the new module is an HCM (for either side) but there is a process when loading software that makes it HCML or HCMR for the correct side of the vehicle.

But safest option seems it would be swap the HCMs so you keep the originals with the vehicle.
I just drove tons of dark roads with the abh2 and fog on with auto high beams.

The light pattern was constantly changing, not going to low beams for upcoming cars but I feel the driver side fog was going on and off, not sure.

I have a bunch of dashcam vids.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Just installed them, with my own HCMs. 
Now waiting for tonight to test it.... No codes or anything.

Does anyone has the oem config for the bendy lights?

Hmm, bummer after a quick drive these 2 appeared:

OrBit DTC Report for
03/02/2023, 17:07:51

HCML:
U2300 - Central Configuration- System Programming Failures- Invalid / Incompatible Software Component

HCMR:
U2300 - Central Configuration- System Programming Failures- Invalid / Incompatible Software Component
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
Hey TweakedNL

I had found since DID reading added to OrBit, the HCMs have some data fields that might be helpful here:

43E0 and E103, the "config parameters used" and "config parameter errors"

Read those from your car and post back here! I've found it's not obvious what exactly is going on. But so far I have learned: 43E0 will tell you what the current parameters the HCML or R is using, should be item 8 (LHD or RHD) and 106 (headlight type) and the current values (in decimal not hex) so you can be sure the values have taken.

E103 is not so obvious...it will tell the "invalid" parameters, but it appears to be a "history" that is not cleared, for example my car below, you can see that the invalid parameters reported are item 106 being "7" (which I set once mistakenly and caused lots of codes)  and item 8 being "255" (which is probably a bad flash long ago, FF/255 is an erased memory byte). So it doesn't really show the "current issues" UNLESS those "invalid values" MATCH the current values from 43E0.

From my car:

Anyways I thought it might be interesting to check those values on your car...