Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front parking sensors
Hi

Thanks for your response.
I got the official manual from Volvo for my car but this is for adding park assist complete when car is originally equipped with only rear paring sensors. And this is what my car has. I'm not planning to add parking assist as I found it very slow and I won't use it at all. But the part for forward sensors is very useful. 
I'm ok with installation but what I'm struggling with is parts selection. I have MY21 V60 T6 PHEV (no fog lights available) and I know a guy in Volvo dealer and he send me list of parts needed for this retrofit:
32233122 - harness
32209488, 32209487, 32209360 - sensors.
Obviously I don't need 32209360 as these are side sensors used with parking assist. Something doesn't seems to be right as the harness he send me is (according to polish webpage with Volvo parts) for option VP02 (which is mine option) - only rear parking sensors. Beside of what he gave me, the manual mention (same as you did and IMAY) that there need to additional harness from bumper to CEM. I checked that for my car on-line and found out that for my model there were only two harnesses used. According to my car original outfit I should have the harness already installed (bumper to CEM). So this need to be confirm first. And now I need to find out if my CEM is Hi and no LO. 

I have already spend hours in comparing different options, harnesses, studying drawing etc. and I don't want to end up with parts I won't be able to use. I want only original parts so I wont bother with changing plugs or buying anything from Aliexpress. But I need to find out correct parts somehow or get a VIN (not a problem) with park sensors installed and somehow check parts list for that car by VIN. I didn't find a page capable of searching parts with VIN except of https://www.volvopartscounter.com/ which shows error when searching using my VIN. 

I might get the wheel off today or check CEM for correct harnes. At least then I will get something out of the way.
If it helps, I took all the references from this page.
If you need diagrams I can send them to you.
I also only assemble original parts.
https://sweden-parts.pl/wspomaganie-park...c60-23-spa#
I use the same page (and few othersWink but only for bumper there is at least 10 different harness version marked with different outfit options.
That's why I'm confused a bit with correct parts selection.
When you bought the harness did you end up with plugs not in use or everything was correct? How did you manage to choose correct bumper harness on that page? Do you have codes for you car like VP02 or EZ02 or ZG01?
I would say choosing park sensors is not a problem but the harness is an issue for me.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
The same thing happened to me, at least there are the following harnesses: harness for 4 sensors harness for 6 sensors harness for 4 sensors + anti fog harness for 6 sensors + anti fog all those variants with front camera and then with right and left-hand drive. If it is only for 4 sensors, buy the cheapest one and do not connect the rest. Another option is to buy 4 PDC connectors and make the harness yourself, in fact it is the easiest.

Look at this reference,
it's the simplest one I found.
It has 4 sensors and the fog lights.
https://rrr.lt/es/parte/ovi16485-3149919...#gallery-1
I have a V60 but anyway...
I don't recognize connections yet. Please have a look at the one below:
https://allegro.pl/oferta/wiazka-zderzak...5082670233
This is the one I think will work. It has 2 pdc included but not sure if this is correct. I have headlight washing system and something called pedestrian pop up bonett.

Theoretically the XC60 and the V60 have the same configuration.
I don't know the wiring of the V60, but I see connectors that I don't recognize.
The easiest thing is to make a harness yourself with OEM replacement parts.
You need + - plus 4 cables for each sensor.
Not a bad idea with making a new harness for pdc only. Then it is just those 4 wires (one for each pdc) that goes to CEM yes?
Where is + - from? Do you have bumper harness plug pin layout?

Basically, sensor pins 1 and 3 are common and pin 2 (middle pin) goes to the CEM.

SENSOR PIN 1 (common) goes to CEM PIN 15.

FRONT Total 8 wires for 6 sensors

SENSOR PIN 1 (common) goes to SENSOR PIN 44

SENSOR PIN 3 (common) goes to CEM PIN 45 SENSOR PIN 2 (starting from the left side sensor) goes to CEM PINs 37 to 42

I connected the negative to the floor of the car.
When you remove the carpet you have ground connections.
There are colleagues who have connected it directly to connections on the chassis.

(08-10-2024, 09:03 PM)Marcp Wrote: Basically, sensor pins 1 and 3 are common and pin 2 (middle pin) goes to the CEM.

SENSOR PIN 3 (common) goes to CEM PIN 45 SENSOR PIN 2 (starting from the left side sensor) goes to CEM PINs 37 to 42

There are colleagues who have connected it directly to connections on the chassis.

New (used) forward bumper harness just arrived. It seems to be good although I will check it with multimeter before installation anyway, so I don't need to take the bumper off twice. Waiting now for the 4 PDC's to arrive and I will make my own harness from front bumper to CEM using 6x0,35mm2 wires (correct diameter? - got this off wiring diagram I found for SV90). Now I have 2 more questions. Are there female connectors in the old harness, the one that will remain in the engine compartment or I need to buy them and install them (photo of plug in bumper attached). I forget to check when I had the wheel off last time so kindly asking you guys Cool
On the other end there must be a male connection on each wire to fit in CEM (photo from accessories manual attached as well). Where to get them? 
https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/produ...56648.html

Unless I'm not seeing something obvious or there is a way to firmly plug wires to CEM/plug? How did you did that part @Marcp?

BTW: that screenshot of CEM you attached, where's that from? Available for buplic?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-15-2024, 11:47 AM)Sieluck Wrote:
(08-10-2024, 09:03 PM)Marcp Wrote: Basically, sensor pins 1 and 3 are common and pin 2 (middle pin) goes to the CEM.

New (used) forward bumper harness just arrived. It seems to be good although I will check it with multimeter before installation anyway, so I don't need to take the bumper off twice. Waiting now for the 4 PDC's to arrive and I will make my own harness from front bumper to CEM using 6x0,35mm2 wires (correct diameter? - got this off wiring diagram I found for SV90). Now I have 2 more questions. Are there female connectors in the old harness, the one that will remain in the engine compartment or I need to buy them and install them (photo of plug in bumper attached). I forget to check when I had the wheel off last time so kindly asking you guys Cool
On the other end there must be a male connection on each wire to fit in CEM (photo from accessories manual attached as well). Where to get them? 
https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/produ...56648.html

Unless I'm not seeing something obvious or there is a way to firmly plug wires to CEM/plug? How did you did that part @Marcp?

BTW: that screenshot of CEM you attached, where's that from? Available for buplic?
If you do not have the fog lights, I suggest you wire them too. Your second hand harness should have the fog light connectors already! 
The connector is the same.   You will need 6x (9x if you want to wire the fog lights) 30656639 repair terminal for the car's harness connector.  
On the CEM side, you will need 30656698 x6  (x7 and 1x 30656637 if you want to wire the fog lights too.)  For some reason one of the fog light is using a larger pin.