Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front parking sensors
Hi. We have a customer who wants front parking sensors. Its a new V60. Is it possible to just enable the sensors with orbit?
Thanks Big Grin
you need to install sensors first and then enable them
(06-27-2024, 03:13 AM)BusteRT6 Wrote: you need to install sensors first and then enable them

Yes. I was just curios if it was possible.
(06-27-2024, 08:02 AM)madsv7922 Wrote:
(06-27-2024, 03:13 AM)BusteRT6 Wrote: you need to install sensors first and then enable them

Yes. I was just curios if it was possible.

In theory it is possible. But you mentioned "new V60"; from MY24 parking sensors are not controlled by CEM. They are connected to ACTIVE SAFETY DOMAIN MASTER ASDM and it is not easy to add the wires there if they are missing.

Attached Files
.pdf   front_sensors_my24+.pdf (Size: 483.39 KB / Downloads: 23)
Hi

I have a 2021 V60 and I'm looking to add front parking sensors. Not 6 but 4 - I don't need parking assist. 
I have sensors but I'm missing one crucial information to order a new harness for front bumper. 
There is so many harness versions depending of cars equipment and I don't want to buy one that will have either too many connections on it or not enough. 

and new harness must be 2G01, EZ02 and one of the VP codes. I can see there are 4 different codes and probably they describe 4 different outfit codes. I can see VP01 - VP04:

Anyone know what VP codes mean or know how to get the codes so I can buy a harness and install it (and use orbit to activate it)? I tried to find solution on swedespeed but no luck yet. No luck on one of the Polish Volvo forums...
(07-25-2024, 06:50 PM)Sieluck Wrote: Hi

I have a 2021 V60 and I'm looking to add front parking sensors. Not 6 but 4 - I don't need parking assist. 
I have sensors but I'm missing one crucial information to order a new harness for front bumper. 
There is so many harness versions depending of cars equipment and I don't want to buy one that will have either too many connections on it or not enough. 

and new harness must be 2G01, EZ02 and one of the VP codes. I can see there are 4 different codes and probably they describe 4 different outfit codes. I can see VP01 - VP04:

Anyone know what VP codes mean or know how to get the codes so I can buy a harness and install it (and use orbit to activate it)? I tried to find solution on swedespeed but no luck yet. No luck on one of the Polish Volvo forums...

The standard one you need. The cheapest that comes with 4 sensors and 2 for fog lights. but that's the problem. You should have the harness connector from the front bumper to the CEM and most likely you do not have it. (check behind the front left wheel arch cover.)  So, you will need 6 wires going from the front bumper harness to the CEM. The second problem, since your bumper does not have sensors, most likely you don't even have the wholes for them. You will need to replace your fog light bezels. The two front sensors are on them. So, it's better for you to find a used front bumper with all the harness and sensors on it rather than buying all separately
(07-26-2024, 04:28 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

The standard one you need. The cheapest that comes with 4 sensors and 2 for fog lights. but that's the problem. You should have the harness connector from the front bumper to the CEM and most likely you do not have it. (check behind the front left wheel arch cover.)  So, you will need 6 wires going from the front bumper harness to the CEM.  The second problem, since your bumper does not have sensors, most likely you don't even have the wholes for them. You will need to replace your fog light bezels.  The two front sensors are on them. So, it's better for you to find a used front bumper with all the harness and sensors on it rather than buying all separately

Thanks I will check this out. I don't have fog light in the front (PHEV) and I have 4 plugs in the front for sensors. 
Now the question is if there is a harness from bumper to CEM. I need to check this out. If not then here case is simple as there are only 4 harnesses available (2 for LHD - C101 and 2 for RHD - C102).
I'll come back soon once this is confirmed.
(07-26-2024, 10:16 PM)Sieluck Wrote:
(07-26-2024, 04:28 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

The standard one you need. The cheapest that comes with 4 sensors and 2 for fog lights. but that's the problem. You should have the harness connector from the front bumper to the CEM and most likely you do not have it. (check behind the front left wheel arch cover.)  So, you will need 6 wires going from the front bumper harness to the CEM.  The second problem, since your bumper does not have sensors, most likely you don't even have the wholes for them. You will need to replace your fog light bezels.  The two front sensors are on them. So, it's better for you to find a used front bumper with all the harness and sensors on it rather than buying all separately

Thanks I will check this out. I don't have fog light in the front (PHEV) and I have 4 plugs in the front for sensors. 
Now the question is if there is a harness from bumper to CEM. I need to check this out. If not then here case is simple as there are only 4 harnesses available (2 for LHD - C101 and 2 for RHD - C102).
I'll come back soon once this is confirmed.

First of all, check the CEM model.
I had a Low CEM and it didn't work, and I ended up changing it for a HI CEM. With all the headaches that it brought me.
I was able to physically verify that internally they had the same CPU or main chip, but they didn't have all the integrated ones for the front sensors.

I'll do that as well before getting the parts ready. Was your equipped with harness from bumper to CEM? Or had to be added as well?

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I also had to add it, so I took advantage and put the fog lights on.
I bought this reference 31453603 and then I made a female connector to the cem.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwLRv2D
You can also buy the cable already made to the cem.
If you need manuals or diagrams, let me know.
Thanks!