Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V90/XC90/S90 HK AUD .VBF Files
You can easily test that. 
Disconnect the Subwoofer and check for the DTCs. If new one shows up, you'd know it's not the sub.  If the same code stays, change the polarity and recheck.
The plot thickens....I decided to disconnect the C connector in its entirety. I got the following codes then:

B1A0113 left-hand front door
B1A0213 right-hand front door
B1A0313 left-hand rear door

B1A0513 [unknown]
B1A0613 central
B1A0713 sub element 1
B1A0813 sub element 2
B1A0913 [unknown]

Now the weird thing is, per the online DTC reference sites, B1A0413 is the right-hand rear door. Now if the C connector is completely unplugged why did I not get that fault code as well??

Additionally, the sub element 1 and 2 does not make any sense to me. The sub gets two wires like the rest of the speakers, how does it have different elements with distinctive fault tracing at the AUD?

I'm beginning to wonder if the switch from HP to HK is not perfect in terms of swapping the AUDs, changing software, configuration, and you are left with some DTC ghosts as a result of the process.

That said, I will try reversing some polarity on the central speaker and sub to see if that does anything.
(07-31-2024, 05:32 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: The plot thickens....I decided to disconnect the C connector in its entirety. I got the following codes then:

B1A0513 [unknown]
B1A0613 central
B1A0713 sub element 1
B1A0813 sub element 2
B1A0913 [unknown]

Now the weird thing is, per the online DTC reference sites, B1A0413 is the right-hand rear door. Now if the C connector is completely unplugged why did I not get that fault code as well??

Additionally, the sub element 1 and 2 does not make any sense to me. The sub gets two wires like the rest of the speakers, how does it have different elements with distinctive fault tracing at the AUD?

I'm beginning to wonder if the switch from HP to HK is not perfect in terms of swapping the AUDs, changing software, configuration, and you are left with some DTC ghosts as a result of the process.

That said, I will try reversing some polarity on the central speaker and sub to see if that does anything.

Below codes show up as Land rover audio codes. 

B1A0513 > Speaker #5 •Left Subwoofer Circuit - High Impedance
B1A0913 > Speaker #9 Surround speaker left left circuit - high resistances

Pulling the plug completely may trigger other DTCs  Instead, disconnect the plugs from the speakers one by one. 
You need to understand one thing though. How those DTCs are set . 
When you open the car, IHU boots up and sends a MOST command to AUD to turn on. 
While AUD is booting up, it sends low test signals to each channel. If that test signal does not come back on time than it sets the DTC.  AUD does not recheck afterwards until a next reboot and does not turn off the channel that set the DTC. 

If your wiring has very high resistance or the speaker itself has a high resistance due to some connection corrosion, wiring or internally, it would set that DTC.  
Reversed polarity can also cause this issue.  If you still have the problem, garb a multi meter and measure the ohm of the speakers, they should be steady, If they are jumping around, you'd know you have a problem.  If you do not have multi meter,  take one of the tweeters and connect it to the center. See if it clears the code or not.  
Surround speaker left left circuit - high resistance
(07-31-2024, 07:08 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-31-2024, 05:32 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: The plot thickens....I decided to disconnect the C connector in its entirety. I got the following codes then:

B1A0513 [unknown]
B1A0613 central
B1A0713 sub element 1
B1A0813 sub element 2
B1A0913 [unknown]

Below codes show up as Land rover audio codes. 

B1A0513 > Speaker #5 •Left Subwoofer Circuit - High Impedance
B1A0913 > Speaker #9 Surround speaker left left circuit - high resistances

Pulling the plug completely may trigger other DTCs  Instead, disconnect the plugs from the speakers one by one. 
You need to understand one thing though. How those DTCs are set . 
When you open the car, IHU boots up and sends a MOST command to AUD to turn on. 
While AUD is booting up, it sends low test signals to each channel. If that test signal does not come back on time than it sets the DTC.  AUD does not recheck afterwards until a next reboot and does not turn off the channel that set the DTC. 

If your wiring has very high resistance or the speaker itself has a high resistance due to some connection corrosion, wiring or internally, it would set that DTC.  
Reversed polarity can also cause this issue.  If you still have the problem, garb a multi meter and measure the ohm of the speakers, they should be steady, If they are jumping around, you'd know you have a problem.  If you do not have multi meter,  take one of the tweeters and connect it to the center. See if it clears the code or not.  
Surround speaker left left circuit - high resistance

Great, its throwing Land Rover codes!!

Ok thanks for the primer about the DTC system. That explains some quirks. I wonder if having BW mid range speakers on the front door with their capicitators, whereas the HK mids have none, is a factor.

In any event, any tips about how to remove pins from the C connector? I'm having a bear of a time trying to get them out. They were easy to add when I did the retrofit, but I didn't have to remove any then. I pulled that white retainer clip off the front. But then I can't get any thing to budge!
Having the B&W mids on the front doors might trigger high or low resistance (impedance) DTC less likely because total MID + TWEETER resistance is almost same for both HK and BW speakers but it cannot detect if the circuit is open at all unless both  MID and tweeter are faulty. But if one of them is faulty, it can detect the high resistance (impedance). So, that might explain the under two "land lower" codes about the high impedance which I am assuming you would get if MID or TWEETER is disconnected individually or both at the same time. I guess, It uses the same code for both scenarios.

Regarding unpinning, 
Yes, I know it's pain in the bud to get it out those.  
Don't bother to pin them out there is a much easier way to test the negative an positive. 
If you have a multi meter. 
Disconnect the connector from the speaker. 
Put your volt meter to DC 2v and measure the voltage while radio is on and volume is more than half. 
If you see negative reading, the polarity is reverse.  

If you do not have a multi meter,
Disconnect the connector from the speaker. and Grab two pieces of wires 
push each wire from the back of the connector and do the same on the speaker side or just hold them on the terminal.

Once you test and if you were able to get rid of the DTCs, only then try to unpin or just cut the wire in the middle and switch.
(07-30-2024, 12:01 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: @Pliind, this is a bit off topic, but after going from HP to HK, can you hear your turn signal noise through your door speakers, or it is only coming from the center?

Sorry did not get the ping. I will have to listen, have not thought about it. 
---------
And my problems are btw solved! i flashed v60 and my soundsystem sounds so much better already!
V60 2020 
(08-22-2024, 01:27 PM)Pliind Wrote:
(07-30-2024, 12:01 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: @Pliind, this is a bit off topic, but after going from HP to HK, can you hear your turn signal noise through your door speakers, or it is only coming from the center?

Sorry did not get the ping. I will have to listen, have not thought about it. 
---------
And my problems are btw solved! i flashed v60 and my soundsystem sounds so much better already!

Hey @Pliind, did you ever get a chance to listen if you hear your turn signal tone through your door speakers?