Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V90/XC90/S90 HK AUD .VBF Files
I used to have HK system on my 2019 S60 before upgrading to B&W.  Now, I hear the turn / parking sensors from the door speakers but I really do not remember how was it on my original HK AUD with High Performance Plus factory setting. 

Second, did your HK (AUD) come from 90 series or did it come from 60 series and you flashed it with new configuration?  There might be a issue there.  
 As far as I know " 451 / amp level, 460 / speaker count, and 466 / amplifier variant"  settings are legacy for older models and not used on SPA or CPA (android) models. 
(05-28-2024, 08:07 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: I used to have HK system on my 2019 S60 before upgrading to B&W.  Now, I hear the turn / parking sensors from the door speakers but I really do not remember how was it on my original HK AUD with High Performance Plus factory setting. 

Second, did your HK (AUD) come from 90 series or did it come from 60 series and you flashed it with new configuration?  There might be a issue there.  
 As far as I know " 451 / amp level, 460 / speaker count, and 466 / amplifier variant"  settings are legacy for older models and not used on SPA or CPA (android) models. 

Yeah, I'm curious. Maybe it's a quirk of the HK system. Though it's weird that the HP and BW systems use the door speakers.

Yes, the HK AUD is from a 60 series and we flashed it to 90 series parameters.  Seemed like a success in all aspects, but maybe not?

The only other thing I can think of that could be in play is that I have BW midrange speakers on the front doors. The BW midranges have capacitors whereas the HK midranges do not. Maybe the BW capacitor is blocking the system sounds based on their frequency? Seems like a stretch.
Maybe some other folks here can answer the question if they hear the signal sound from doors with HK (AUD).  I simply don't remember. If they do but you cannot hear,  there might be some issue with the Flashing or the software. 

The capacitator should not cut out the signal's (MID) sounds. It's for filtering the low freq. sound and keeping the voltage flat. However, B&W MID speakers has higher impendence than HK or HP speakers.  This means, you will need to volume up for B&W speakers in order to get same db output as HK / HP speakers when using HK AUD with B&W speakers.
(05-28-2024, 10:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Maybe some other folks here can answer the question if they hear the signal sound from doors with HK (AUD).  I simply don't remember. If they do but you cannot hear,  there might be some issue with the Flashing or the software. 

The capacitator should not cut out the signal's (MID) sounds. It's for filtering the low freq. sound and keeping the voltage flat. However, B&W MID speakers has higher impendence than HK or HP speakers.  This means, you will need to volume up for B&W speakers in order to get same db output as HK / HP speakers when using HK AUD with B&W speakers.

I tried re-flashing the software and local configuration parameters to the AUD, and reverting back to HP and then switching to HK configuration again, but no change. I also tried the BW configuration, still only getting system sounds (faintly) from the center channel.

Everything sounds as it should in terms of music (i.e. great, much better than the HP system), except the systems sounds.

Overall this is not a big deal. I'd much rather have the improved sound system over a louder turn signal. But this is really gnawing at the perfectionist in me that wants everything to work properly!
Can you tell me what and how did you uploaded the configuration parameters to the AUD? 
I'm trying to rescue my B&W AUD
(05-28-2024, 10:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Maybe some other folks here can answer the question if they hear the signal sound from doors with HK (AUD).  I simply don't remember. If they do but you cannot hear,  there might be some issue with the Flashing or the software. 

Yes, s60 with H/K (swapped few months ago) I can hear the signal / parking sensors sound from the doors as you would expect.
(05-30-2024, 08:31 AM)GRG Wrote:

Yes, s60 with H/K (swapped few months ago) I can hear the signal / parking sensors sound from the doors as you would expect.

Drats, I was afraid that would be the case.  Thanks for checking and reporting.

Not sure what I can do now. I'm guessing my wife would notice if I removed her BW XC90 amp, haha.
(05-07-2024, 05:48 PM)Power6 Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 12:13 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: " Did something go wrong during the flashing process? Were you using Oribt?"  At first it wouldn't flash due to some timeout. Then with the help from @Power6 that issue was resolved and according to logs from Orbit and the wireshark network dump, AUD did downloaded software but it would not run. When I check the F12E - ECU Software Part Numbers, it would return empty as if it's actually blank. 

My second AUD (B&W) that I got from s90 gives me below. 
DID Result for AUD

F12E - ECU Software Part Numbers

Total number of ECU Software Part Numbers:

SWLM:
31456884 AC 

SWP1_Local Configuration Parameters:
31489579 AB 

Raw hex data:

DID Result for AUD

F120 - Application Diagnostic Database Part Number

Application Diagnostic Database Part Number:
31456247 AA 

"I thought I had read that @Power6 had done it successfully?"  Yes, he did but as far as I know, his used B&W AUD came from XC60 and he installed S60 B&W software on that used XC60 AUD.  Both S60 and XC60 has the same audio output configuration.  To be very clear, he warned me about the mismatch we both did not know the outcome and I took the chance; and now we know so that we can warn folks not to do this! 

@Power, I noticed some AUD commands for configuration in the ECU tools tab, do you think we can send a command to AUD ECU to switch the output channels? Similar one for disabling or enabling  the ACTIVE NOISE CONTROL.

What I would expect, on the AUD that IS using the same hardware between 60/90 series, is the "SWLM" part probably doesn't change, but the SWP1 local config parameters would change. Like same application software, but different parameters. I don't know this for sure, but I suspect it's similar to the HCMs, the same HCM application software is used for all the models, but the local parameters change for XC60, XC90, S/V60 etc.

FYI I did load the same software on to the AUD and it was the "compatible" hardware, XC60 B&W AUD in an S60. I was under the impression at one time, that the AUD might have different software for each model, but it does not, at least in that case, B&W AUD software for an XC60 was the same as an S/V60. Reloading with VIDA confirmed it is the same. Whatever sound profile changes there are for each model, happens elsewhere, I beleive the DSP software loaded to the IHU contain this, and of course car config could be used as well to adjust settings within any unified software that is used on multiple models.

Any "DIDs" that you see within the available parameters to read, OrBit can try to write them. There is no guarantee it works, and it's maybe a very small risk if the ECU lets you write a value that would cause a problem, but that's one way to find interesting things... only for the advanced user like yourself IMAY2023 ;-) if you look at the ANC OFF process, you can see the command to send, is 2E (write a DID) + XXXX(the DID) + (the data to write). I discovered the ANC OFF simply by guessing from the data read "0300" that possbly "0000" value is to disable, and it turned out to be the case. If you see more complicated values, it may not be possible to try to guess or to run through all possible combinations. But you can certainly try some things, if you want to...

I did some digging with my 3 day VIDA on this by using actual VIN numbers from 90 and 60 series.  I found interesting things. 
First of all, let's start with the AUD types

HK AUD >>> part number "36003303"  "FC 25; CH -118743, FC 35; CH -120032, FC 70; CH -118743 HW 31456942, 32265527 Variant code: K504."   Is shared across all models.  
                      which means you can take an HK (High Performance Pro) AUD from 60 series and put it on 90 or VS. 

B&W AUD 60 series >>> part number "36010455"  "HW 32200293, 32265468 Variant code: K503"  is NOT  shared with 90 series. 
                                         Which means it's not possible to take a B&W  (Premium Sound Audio) AUD  from 60 series and put it on 90 or VS and convert it to other. 

B&W AUD 90 series >>> part number "36003118" "Premium Sound System. HW 31456899, 32212447 Variant code: K503"  is NOT  shared. 
                                        Which means it's not possible to take a B&W  (Premium Sound Audio) AUD  from 90 series and put it on 60 or VS and convert it to other. 

The software: 
There is no different software for different types of AUD. Both HK and B&W AUDs are using the same software number per series 90 and 60.  
60 series:  SW part number "32212632" for both HK AUD "36003303" and B&W AUD "36010455" 
90 Series:  SW part number  "31489544" for both  HK AUD "36003303" and B&W AUD " 36003118"  

This means that HK AUD "36003303" can work with both 60 and 90 software  "32212632" and  "31489544" The only difference is the channel configuration in the two software. You can load a s60 software " 36010455 " to an HK AUD came from 90 series to switch the channels. or load a 90 series software " 31489544" to a HK AUD came from 60 series.

However, it is not the same for B&W AUD. since the HW is different for each series. It is not possible to load a S60 software " 32212632" to an 90 series B&W AUD "36003118" or VS.  Doing so simply bricks the B&W AUD.  In other words, it is not possible to switch the channels of a B&W AUD. it is what it is.  

As a result if anyone is getting an B&W AUD from a different series,  some sort of rewiring will be required. Either adding the second channels to the doors (60 getting from 90) or putting MID and HIGH on the rear doors in parallel to woofer. (90 series getting from 60). 

After bricking my 90 series B&W AUD, I found a full B&W set again from 90 series and rewire the rear doors. While doing so, I added MID range speakers to my rear doors. I also upgraded rear pillar speakers from 1 way to 2 way speakers. (Just needed to cut out little bit and drilled wholes on the speaker cover where it covers the tweeter). 

I still want to rescue my first B&W AUD just incase my current one gives up! So, any 90 series AUD software is much appreciated. 

If anyone needs any info from VIDA just PM me. I still have 2 days of subscription left.
Is there a way to find out the software version of the amp via OrBit? 
I want to upgrade my XC90 B&W from Gen.1 to Gen.2. I have a used Gen.2 amp but I'm not sure which car it's from (XC60 or XC90).
(06-16-2024, 06:45 PM)m17083 Wrote: Is there a way to find out the software version of the amp via OrBit? 
I want to upgrade my XC90 B&W from Gen.1 to Gen.2. I have bought a used Gen.2 amp but I'm not sure which car it's from (XC60 or XC90).

Yes, you can get the SW and HW diagnostic numbers from the ECU tools.  
Select the AUD from the ECU dropdown and then select the command "F12E - ECU Software Part Numbers" 

Why would you want to upgrade from Gen 1 B&W to Gen2 B&W, there is no real difference between them other than MIDs and High are separated on the front doors and center speaker on the dashboard has second channel for the tweeter. The main reason VOLVO moved to Gen2 because it's now shared with 60 and 90 series but it is now much more harder to swap without wiring changes. 

So, it is not straight forward change, you will need to rewire and add additional wiring!   

Attached Files
.pdf   7A_002D_External_Amplifier_Audio3_CL90.pdf (Size: 635.45 KB / Downloads: 7)