Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V60 T8 MY19 Retrofitting seat memory
I'm currently eyeing a T8 Inscription 2019, and it seems that most V60's in Finland are equipped with power seats but lack the memory function. I'm keen to add this feature and could use some advice from the community on what's required for this modification.

Here are a few questions I have:

What components are necessary to add memory function to the power seats? I've come across the part number "30644884" associated with the control module that includes memory function. I did not find a cross reference to this parts so i'm not sure if basic electric seat have this module already. I've also found part numbers "31489630" and "31489631" for buttons on the driver and passenger doors. Are these the correct buttons needed for activating and using the memory function once installed?

Is a new wiring harness necessary for this modification, or can the existing wiring accommodate the addition of the memory function?

Does the memory function integrated into the control module also retain information for adjusting the side mirrors, or is an additional component needed for this purpose?

In terms of software configuration, what specific options or settings need to be adjusted or enabled? My plan is to utilize Orbit software to unlock the memory seat feature.

I can tell you this. 
I have 2019 S60 Momentum and I have memory seats only at driver side. I wanted to add the memory function to passenger door. 
The first thing I checked if the wiring exists in the door. while replacing my speakers to B&W  Unfortunately, it does not exists in US models. I cannot say European models though. 
So, first check the door wiring if memory seat buttons are pre wired or not inside the door(s). it's very easy to pull the door panel out! 
Second, you will need to have the wiring diagram,  I don't know and did not check on the driver side if the memory buttons are connected to door module (would be easier to add if does not exist) or memory button wire goes directly to seat module. In this case, you will need to wire the button through the door harness connector and to the seat module(s)!
Seat memory switches do go to the door module. It's not terribly expensive to buy the interior panel harness (w/memory) for the door panel, and easy to replace. I replaced mine when I added the "high level illumination"

So it is plausible that adding the switches, and assuming you have seats and PSMP/PSMD seat modules supporting memory (position sensors are present) it may not need too much wiring to add the equipment and activate. 

What we have seen with the "basic" power seats is that there are no seat modules. Essentially it would require a seat swap. I think someone here has done this and can offer the details!
@Power6 thank you for the great info. I need to try to dig the part numbers for the door harnesses and seat modules.
Well, here is a an update on this. 
I found a trim together with memory buttons for $30. Of course I jumped on it. 
Then, the harness on the door trim panel is needed to be replaced 31483794. But the problem is that this harness is in back order. 
So, I ordered just the connector and the pins  and these pins to wire them myself.   The harness on the door, has all the wires from the female connector to PSMP. 
I looked at the wire connections from the memory button to connector on driver side and I replicated the same at the passenger side. 
3 Wires for the locking can be reused,  I cut them and just repin them for the new connector. 
3 new wires for memory and 2 new wires for the switch lights because enabling memory seats will power the light of the memory switch from different pin. 

The existing 3 wires, are shared with the light of the window button. So, two brown wires are needed to be connected for positive.   

First I was very happy when I heard the memory store sound. I thought I made it work! However, it simply won't work! and PSMP will register 4 DTCs  "Missing sensors!  Because of cheapness of VOLVO nothing more nothing less! 
Do not confuse it with 127 SEAT TRACK SENSORS like I did. That has nothing to do with it! It's used by SRS.  It turns out the sensor for each position is inside in each motor and there is no settings for them.  PSMP registers the position by using those sensors inside the motors!   
If you look at the seat motor replacement part numbers for all three motors, there are no variants! I verified, they all come with sensors when ordered as replacement.
The seat wiring harness also missing the 2 wires from each motor to the PSMP total 8. But again, replacement harness has all those wires. 

The 4th motor is the back support. Never used it. I don't care if it's stored or not.  

So, how much money did VOLVO saved with this nonsense. 8 20cm wires and the same motor without sensor? 
Now, it's possible to find the motors with sensor(s) on ebay. (just make sure that the motor's connector has 4 pins. (2 big and 2 tiny) they are relatively cheap! $25 each but the problem is replacing them. In order to replace the motors, the whole seat needs to come apart to its bones. 

At this point I give up because if I break something while dismantling almost everything it will cost much more to fix the damn thing. 
So, my advice to everyone who are interested in memory seats, Just replace the whole seat or find a base with memory already and use your own cushions!
IMAY2023 you are my hero man! Who else would find these things but you ;-) And now we know!

I have been very surprised at the some of the cost saving bits with Volvo...I guess only they know if it's worth it. Like the HCMs, same part used between bending and non-bending LEDs, but the non-bending car is built with the HCM that doesn't have motor drivers for the swiveling motors. Door panel harness same replacement part for mid- and high-level illumination. But the mid-level car is built with harnesses without plugs for puddle and pocket lamps. I guess the little costs savings here and there can add up for Volvo. The old "They probably build them all with the wiring for XXX" doesn't seem to always be the case in the modern manufacturing.
Here is another update. 
After replacing my 2019 s60 heated momentum seats with 2018 S90 Inscription (Heated + Ventilated + Massages ) seats, memory seats start working !! 
For the massage seats, I just needed to wire a positive wire from fuse box (7.5AMP) to PIN 15 on both seats. Both seats are connected to the same fuse!
So to boil it down, if i get fully electrical seats and door panels with memory buttons all i need is the harness in the door upgraded?
V60 2020 
(03-14-2024, 09:17 PM)Pliind Wrote: So to boil it down, if i get fully electrical seats and door panels with memory buttons all i need is the harness in the door upgraded?

Yes and no depends on the door panels and the seats you get.  The reason is this. 
Seats: Not all the full electric seats have motor position sensors. (inside the motors). So, be careful which seat you buy. Make sure all motors have 4 wires on each of them.   
Panel: In US,  most of the second hand door panels are sold with their harness. So, if you get a full door panel with the memory buttons on it that would be enough.  The harness itself from dealer is in back order. "Not available" and I could not find a used harness anywhere. 
If you buy the just the trim panel and the memory button, you will need to rewire your harness. You have the links above for the new connector.
(03-15-2024, 10:18 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 09:17 PM)Pliind Wrote: So to boil it down, if i get fully electrical seats and door panels with memory buttons all i need is the harness in the door upgraded?

Yes and no depends on the door panels and the seats you get.  The reason is this. 
Seats: Not all the full electric seats have motor position sensors. (inside the motors). So, be careful which seat you buy. Make sure all motors have 4 wires on each of them.   
Panel: In US,  most of the second hand door panels are sold with their harness. So, if you get a full door panel with the memory buttons on it that would be enough.  The harness itself from dealer is in back order. "Not available" and I could not find a used harness anywhere. 
If you buy the just the trim panel and the memory button, you will need to rewire your harness. You have the links above for the new connector.

Alright, i've got myself a S60 polestar interior so front seats and their matching memory buttons for both seats are included and it looks like they did not remove anything from the door cards as from the photos it looked like they even left the B&W speakers in the door cards. I'm in Sweden so i think and hope it's easier for me to aquire the correct harnesses, would you have more info on what pins and connectors are needed? i have a xc60 harness for my right front door that is high-spec so would be interesting to see if i got that one right from start.
V60 2020