Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key coding
(02-10-2024, 05:06 PM)Hielo Wrote: Just to say, despite of the unsuccess of decoding the CEM pin for earlier SPAs, I still think it will be a bargain to purchase the software.

CEM Pin is fine, IMMO Pin is what you need for keys - which isn’t possible on older CEM ecus. Currently…
If you program a key that is programmed to another vehicle, will the key work in both vehicles?
(02-17-2024, 02:08 AM)glennda5id Wrote: If you program a key that is programmed to another vehicle, will the key work in both vehicles?

No-overwritten on programming.
I have been trying to program another key for my vehicle. Each time I try, I get a error. I have even tried with the key that is already programmed to my vehicle. In the message box it says

OrBit connected
Starting key programming
Key program command failed
Error ECU key response unexpected

Any suggestions?
Hello guys. I just added a sport key to my V60, and is working only in cup holder. Just start the car if i put it in the cup holder, not lock or unlock the car. The key is new, from alliexpress, and is look OE. Any ideea?
2019 Volvo V60
Low battery? Might have been sat on a shelf for a while. The cup holder slot is used to start in cases of low key battery…
(04-20-2024, 07:00 AM)paunionutz Wrote: Hello guys. I just added a sport key to my V60, and is working only in cup holder. Just start the car if i put it in the cup holder, not lock or unlock the car. The key is new, from alliexpress, and is look OE. Any ideea?

dead battery for sure...
I am having the same problem as Toomuchsole above. Has anyone figured out the fix?

I see the mention of an IMMO pin, where can I get that because I may have put in my CEM pin for that. where do I go from here?
Well, if OrBit doesn't work for early SPA cars and there's any need for data/test mule for early cars, I need a new key for my 04/17 production XC90.

Haven't looked into my other options yet, but if VIDA and a used key is viable, it would be an opportunity for data capture.

Edit: false alarm, but I am still going to purchase a few used keys to have on hand in case someone looses one of the keys... In the meantime, I would still be interested in using VIDA to do this and logging/sniffing if that can help get this working in OrBit.
(05-01-2024, 09:22 PM)Northern Wrote: Well, if OrBit doesn't work for early SPA cars and there's any need for data/test mule for early cars, I need a new key for my 04/17 production XC90.

Haven't looked into my other options yet, but if VIDA and a used key is viable, it would be an opportunity for data capture.

With online VIDA you can program used key as well, checked.