Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CEM PIN Sharing
Hi all. If I crack my CEM PIN using VDASH, is there a way to bring it over to Orbit? Or, in other words, does VDASH share what your PIN is after it cracks it so that I can use it with Orbit?
I don't beleive so, but I am not the VDash expert. Hstorically the PIN is stored for use but not revealed to the user. I understand there is a way to pay for just the PIN cracking with VDash, but just what I hear from others. If that was the case I would think they should give you the PIN. But again I don't know that well. Maybe some others do know...
They won't share PIN with you, had that "problem" with my previous car...
Thanks for the responses.

That's too bad. I guess I will do it the VIDA and Wireshark way.

Is there anything else worth doing with VIDA while you have the three-day subscription?
(12-26-2023, 05:30 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Thanks for the responses.

Is there anything else worth doing with VIDA while you have the three-day subscription?

You can install total upgrade! 
Save the VBF files!   
If you already have pilot assist from factory, you might have an upgrade option! I suggest you do that too. Costs around $200,  it will upgrade the already installed software! 
Download as many wiring diagrams and replacement guide as you can! TIP you can choose print option and save it as PDF!
(12-26-2023, 08:56 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

You can install total upgrade! 
Save the VBF files!   
If you already have pilot assist from factory, you might have an upgrade option! I suggest you do that too. Costs around $200,  it will upgrade the already installed software! 
Download as many wiring diagrams and replacement guide as you can! TIP you can choose print option and save it as PDF!
Thanks for the tip!
One last question, I read elsewhere that I need at least a 30a battery charger hooked up while I do this. Is that true, will the car draw that much while doing this? Or is the old 6a charger I've always used sufficient?
(12-30-2023, 02:48 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: One last question, I read elsewhere that I need at least a 30a battery charger hooked up while I do this. Is that true, will the car draw that much while doing this? Or is the old 6a charger I've always used sufficient?

Well, you do not need to hook up a charger to the car to do this in general! 
However, you should check your battery percentage and output voltage via Orbit or VIDA.  If you are at %75 and above with minimum 12 volts, you should be ok.  
6A charger is enough since the goal is maintaining constant minimum 12 Volts during the process and not actually charging the battery! Just make sure to turn off the headlights and audio! 
I used very old maintainer with 6A only when my battery was below %75! and it was just fine!

This may be a bit cheeky to ask, but in the UK, we can't get access to Vida unless you are a VAT registered garage. If you do get access for a few days and have time I'd be very grateful for a look at the service manual/workshop guide for replacing a VCM module backup battery (2018 xc60 t5), even just for replacing a VCM module. Not sure if you would be able to access that. But if so I'm happy to contribute something to say thanks.
(12-30-2023, 09:26 PM)Dougray Wrote:

This may be a bit cheeky to ask, but in the UK, we can't get access to Vida unless you are a VAT registered garage. If you do get access for a few days and have time I'd be very grateful for a look at the service manual/workshop guide for replacing a VCM module backup battery (2018 xc60 t5), even just for replacing a VCM module. Not sure if you would be able to access that. But if so I'm happy to contribute something to say thanks.

I'm happy to take a look. My car is a 2018 V90CC T5, so at a minimum I can pull up procedures for that.