Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending Lights and Active High Beam
(02-04-2023, 09:07 PM)Power6 Wrote: You think the "Top Range" might be this little extra LED row you been talking about?

I did confirm 0C is in fact the ROW with bending, I've updated the config database, should start showing up correctly soon in an OrBit install near you ;-)

Speaking of installs, is there a version/update list to look for or does the database populate remotely.
(02-04-2023, 09:41 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 09:07 PM)Power6 Wrote: You think the "Top Range" might be this little extra LED row you been talking about?

I did confirm 0C is in fact the ROW with bending, I've updated the config database, should start showing up correctly soon in an OrBit install near you ;-)

I’m more thinking that may be the Type A / TypeB designation as it seems to be consistent that type A is North America and type B is ROW, since NA seems to have distinct regulatory differences in regards to lighting. 

It may be that this variable is just a statement of what hardware the car came with as isn’t really referenced in a meaningful way as x119 said.

Also, not sure what I did, it may have been like that before or it may be after the switch to 0c, but my lights are defaulting to adaptive high beams on now, I don’t have to twist the stalk to turn them on. 

Previously when I was testing the adaptive beams I was definitely having to turn them on every time.

Would be interesting if you may check the current config and your OEM config and share with us what have you changed so I can try to duplicate it on my car as well, it's something other than switching to 0C

Thank you Smile
(02-05-2023, 03:08 PM)Partridge Wrote:

Speaking of installs, is there a version/update list to look for or does the database populate remotely.

Right now OrBit is still on the initial beta release (0.1.6). The next update is coming soon! And I will post release notes with it in the forums here somewhere when it's out.

On the other hand...there are a number of configuration files that contain info OrBit uses, and those files are updated by downloading from a back end when you start OrBit, the config database being one of those. I did that to not have to build a new software version and release it for just this scenario...fix a typo essentially. I updated that item and published the updated config files so everyone should see the correction in their config table by now.
(02-03-2023, 07:27 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: I had it ONLY in low beam. Now changed to High and Low beam as well
Try it and if it doesn't work, try disabling 256 to see if the button appears
Not my car but left bottom corner

[Image: a5e10f7dee2f320b8d6c8d09bc6cea82.jpg]

One thing I noticed....

My 2019 V90 came with 0C Adaptive Headlights with Bending High from the factory. 

On the 256 option, mine just said "with bending lights", so I played around and switched it to with Low and High Beam.

The bending functionality actually got less effective. Not sure why, but I suspect it's something to do with different regulatory regimes.
(02-07-2023, 12:23 AM)silo24 Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 07:27 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: I had it ONLY in low beam. Now changed to High and Low beam as well
Try it and if it doesn't work, try disabling 256 to see if the button appears
Not my car but left bottom corner

[Image: a5e10f7dee2f320b8d6c8d09bc6cea82.jpg]

One thing I noticed....

My 2019 V90 came with 0C Adaptive Headlights with Bending High from the factory. 

On the 256 option, mine just said "with bending lights", so I played around and switched it to with Low and High Beam.

The bending functionality actually got less effective. Not sure why, but I suspect it's something to do with different regulatory regimes.

I just checked my 256 settings and the only options are:

01 Without Bending Light
02 With Bending Light only in Low Beam
03 With Bending Light in High and Low Beam
04 With Bending Light only in High Beam

Can you give me the updates to do so I can update the excel and post?

I also found many typos (that could be corrected just for my OCD)
I'll contact you directly, maybe we can work together on it...
Me again with a video of AHB
I got a thick fog this morning and it shows clearly how the system works. Keep in mind that fog may restric the view and has a delay into recognizing the vehicle. So it will blind the others for a bit
V60 AHB <-- Here
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
On my US spec 2019 V60 T6 w/ Advanced Package the below was stock:

106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 0B LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 03 With AHB1 (On/Off), High Beam in Small Village
256 BENDING LIGHT - 03 With Bending Light in High and Low Beam

After changing to the below settings (only 109 was modified), the adaptive high beam operates like the video posted above:

106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE - 0B LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range
109 ACTIVE HIGH BEAM - 05 With AHB2 (Adaptive), High Beam in Small Village
256 BENDING LIGHT - 03 With Bending Light in High and Low Beam
I want to share the following, after changing 106 HEADLIGHTS TYPE
0B LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range

To:
0C LED, with Bending Light, Type B, with HCM ROW High Range

When I turn the lighting ring on the left-side steering wheel lever to activate the (auto/adaptive) high beam and I turn off the car, the next time I start up the car it stays there and I don't need to reactive it again.

Before I used to have to turn the lighting ring everytime I startup the car.

Still doesn't work on major freeways / above 75 mph.