Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what pins in the CEM are for the fog lights?
I have a 2019 S60 Momentum, it doesn't have fog lights from the factory and is missing the wires from the CEM to the bumper harness. I can activate the fog light feature and make the switch work so I know it is possible to add them. Has anyone done this yet? Which connector to the CEM would have the fog light pins or where can I find a wiring diagram?
(06-27-2023, 10:37 PM)DiyEverything Wrote: I have a 2019 S60 Momentum, it doesn't have fog lights from the factory and is missing the wires from the CEM to the bumper harness. I can activate the fog light feature and make the switch work so I know it is possible to add them. Has anyone done this yet? Which connector to the CEM would have the fog light pins or where can I find a wiring diagram?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
(06-28-2023, 08:46 AM)TweakeNL Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 10:37 PM)DiyEverything Wrote: I have a 2019 S60 Momentum, it doesn't have fog lights from the factory and is missing the wires from the CEM to the bumper harness. I can activate the fog light feature and make the switch work so I know it is possible to add them. Has anyone done this yet? Which connector to the CEM would have the fog light pins or where can I find a wiring diagram?

Thanks for the diagram. I don't see where it tells what connector and pins This should relate to. Also, I only see one power lead and the rest are all ground. Am I reading this correctly?
2019 S60 T6 Momentum
(06-30-2023, 08:45 PM)DiyEverything Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 08:46 AM)TweakeNL Wrote:

Thanks for the diagram. I don't see where it tells what connector and pins This should relate to. Also, I only see one power lead and the rest are all ground. Am I reading this correctly?

Yes, I have added the fog lights myself. 
You have one problem though, you have the FOG lights connectors on the front bumper harness but the wiring does not exist from the front bumper harness connector to CEM. You'll need to wire it yourself.  I did it when I added park assist pilot (1 more sensor on each side) .  You can use this guide as a reference how to pass the wiring into cabin and to CEM.   The attachment includes the wiring diagram for the fog lights. Pay attention to connector terminals. One side is very small 30656698 and the other is a bigger one 30656637.

On the bumper harness connector for the fog lights, I did not bother to add the missing pins. I just tapped the wiring.

Attached Files
.zip   FOG_LIGHTS.zip (Size: 477.75 KB / Downloads: 33)
I put this stuff together, For those that want to add the repair terminals and wire like OEM.

Attached Files
.zip   FogLightsInfo.zip (Size: 3.72 MB / Downloads: 52)
Wanted to say thanks to all of the contributors for posting this information. I opened up the driver's side wheel liner and pulled the 94-302 connector up enough to get a pic of the etched part number.

[Image: ADCreHdEj5izMdl9qzwKu3wbo4ElXCLIrzmVWwbh...authuser=0]

It appears to be a  Molex MX150 series 33472 connector. if you want to take a look for yourself, I was able to find the above imaged part number on page 12 (line item 6) of the MX150 catalog PDF file . I can provide a highlighted line item version of the catalog pdf.. but I haven't figured out how to attach files to a post yet (checked the help documents didn't see anything, either that or I am missing it somewhere).

I ordered some loose terminals from Mouser to be used in the 94-302 connector and they appear to be nearly (if not) identical to the terminal attached to the volvo P/N: 30656637 repair terminal pigtails that I purchased as well (after doing a side by side comparison). I have the correct terminal crimper for these type terminals and will try to build my own wiring harness integration with as few of the pigtail repair terminals as possible which would be nice as fewer connection points especially under the hood / exposed to the elements = less possible points to become corroded / loose etc.. I am still waiting on the 4 conductor wire I ordered for the fog light installation.. why 4 conductor you ask? I will also be adding/running another lead for the "AUX Lighting" from the CEM (pin 20) out to the 94-302 connector. I figured might as well, I will already be in there and this way it helps me save time in the future if there is something else I want to add at a later date.. and yes the AUX lighting output is a low (amp) power circuit meaning a relay would be necessary along with a separate power source for controlling any type of high powered devices.

DiyEverything - is this youtube video your creation? If so - wanted to say thanks for posting it.

Power6 - by chance do you have access to the diagram that illustrates where the physical location of the A1 31/2 ground termination point is? (fog light ground illustrated in the FogLightsPower-Wiring.pdf you provided). If at all possible I would like to attach the fog light ground in its designated location.

Thanks again to all for posting this information, this is my next "project" for the S60 (trying to get this knocked out before the first snow of the season)

I am still waiting on the on the fog lights and surrounds to arrive as well. once I get everything in and have an ability to to confirm if the 2 different loose terminals I got from Mouser are a proper match to 94-302 connector I will post a link to the terminals.
Hello! Did it work for you the first time?
Only pin 72 on the right fog light works for me.
The front sensors don't work either.
Check continuities from each pin to the CEM connector pin. and everything is fine.
I don't know what to check more... I'm desperate.

It seems that it does not activate all the CEM terminals.
I have tried disconnecting everything and only leaving 2 cables on pin 12 and 72 and measuring with a multimeter I only get 12v on pin 72.

Please, can you help me?
[adjunto=252][adjunto=253][adjunto=254]

(03-24-2024, 08:50 AM)Marcp Wrote: Hello! Did it work for you the first time?
Only pin 72 on the right fog light works for me.
The front sensors don't work either.
Check continuities from each pin to the CEM connector pin. and everything is fine.
I don't know what to check more... I'm desperate.

It seems that it does not activate all the CEM terminals.
I have tried disconnecting everything and only leaving 2 cables on pin 12 and 72 and measuring with a multimeter I only get 12v on pin 72.

Please, can you help me?
[adjunto=252][adjunto=253][adjunto=254]

I looked at the diagrams again and noticed that some models have the fog light ground separated on the front bumper harness.  So, recheck the grounding at the fog light connector.