Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert Sensus system to icup?
Wondering if it’s possible to convert the sensus system to iCup. 

With my previous car, V70 2014, it was easy to convert the sensus to sensus connect. Change IHU, screen, some wiring, config parameters and it worked.   

Maybe the same with icup? (Full screen carplay and android auto?)
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
You don't need to change anything, There are retrofit devices for that. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-fM0FlKv5c
there are links to sellers in the description
(04-20-2023, 03:18 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: You don't need to change anything, There are retrofit devices for that. 

Yes, but you are missing the climate control settings and such. You always need to switch back. The native one in the icup always have the climate control/seat/steeringwheel heating on the bottom. Much better.
(04-21-2023, 07:55 AM)TweakeNL Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 03:18 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: You don't need to change anything, There are retrofit devices for that. 

Yes, but you are missing the climate control settings and such. You always need to switch back. The native one in the icup always have the climate control/seat/steeringwheel heating on the bottom. Much better.

I did not know that, you are right though I wouldn't add that. I have regular Sensus which I like but I agree that Android auto or apple car could be better with full screen option. 
On the other hand, new models come with android using only google maps which I hate because it forces to have constant internet connection either with onboard modem or hotspot from a phone. In Europe, it may not be a problem but in US there are so many urban places with no cellular network.
(04-19-2023, 07:25 PM)TweakeNL Wrote: Maybe the same with icup? (Full screen carplay and android auto?)

Not sure that icup supports full screen carplay, aa at all.

(04-23-2023, 01:02 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: On the other hand, new models come with android using only google maps which I hate because it forces to have constant internet connection either with onboard modem or hotspot from a phone. In Europe, it may not be a problem but in US there are so many urban places with no cellular network.

Not even in EU well covered with 4g etc. , and it's bad that whole time must be connected to internet, cause of gmaps, and that has no option with offline maps like spa nav sensus which has offline maps.
(05-14-2023, 03:39 PM)mrs Wrote:
(04-19-2023, 07:25 PM)TweakeNL Wrote: Maybe the same with icup? (Full screen carplay and android auto?)

Not sure that icup supports full screen carplay, aa at all.

(04-23-2023, 01:02 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: On the other hand, new models come with android using only google maps which I hate because it forces to have constant internet connection either with onboard modem or hotspot from a phone. In Europe, it may not be a problem but in US there are so many urban places with no cellular network.

Not even in EU well covered with 4g etc. , and it's bad that whole time must be connected to internet, cause of gmaps, and that has no option with offline maps like spa nav sensus which has offline maps.

It is nowadays.
That's nice, unfortunately for us with Sensus SPA no much luck, as no still full screen carpla-aa,  and probably will never be...
(06-13-2023, 03:21 PM)mrs Wrote: That's nice, unfortunately for us with Sensus SPA no much luck, as no still full screen carpla-aa,  and probably will never be...
If we can break the sensus IHU code maybe someday it will be possible

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Ahhh a question as old as time...well maybe not that old. Can I convert the Sensus to Android?? 

It's just not feasible, not that anyone is even trying to prove that statement wrong. There are so many more changes with the iCup cars "under the covers" with new systems, new ECUs introduced etc. that it's probably better nobody will ever try ;-)

Now to the question that is really as old as time!! Full screen Car Play on the Sensus. Yeah it needs work to be done cracking and reverse engineering there. If anyone would like to take a crack at it, you got some skills ideal to hack on a (customized) Windows CE based OS...reach out to me! I have extracted the HDD of a Sensus, and a good portion of the system files as well. It's just beyond me and I don't have time to try to take it further. But I can give you what I got. With OrBit I have the distribution/installation method already in place for any hack that can be achieved on the Sensus system, or I can take that part on no problem if an interesting solution arises.
(06-15-2023, 02:19 PM)Power6 Wrote: Ahhh a question as old as time...well maybe not that old. Can I convert the Sensus to Android?? 

It's just not feasible, not that anyone is even trying to prove that statement wrong. There are so many more changes with the iCup cars "under the covers" with new systems, new ECUs introduced etc. that it's probably better nobody will ever try ;-)

Now to the question that is really as old as time!! Full screen Car Play on the Sensus. Yeah it needs work to be done cracking and reverse engineering there. If anyone would like to take a crack at it, you got some skills ideal to hack on a (customized) Windows CE based OS...reach out to me! I have extracted the HDD of a Sensus, and a good portion of the system files as well. It's just beyond me and I don't have time to try to take it further. But I can give you what I got. With OrBit I have the distribution/installation method already in place for any hack that can be achieved on the Sensus system, or I can take that part on no problem if an interesting solution arises.

Jep, but that's the same with sensus vs sensus connect cars with the P3, totally different systems, such as parking cams, even the CEM is different with different software. (Another software which is bigger.)

If I can get an IHU from the iCup version I will have to try it. But I probably need much more, such as DIM and maybe even the centre display, amp... We just have to try it.

I will contact you about the export of the IHU software. I have some friends who has a lot of CE knowledge.