Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Suspension Calibration
Thought I'd reach out regarding the Air Susp. Recalibration process - Every time I've tried to do this, it throws an error code Air Suspension Failure on my dash, and I'd have to reset it by driving 50km/hr+. 
Error on Orbit: level set still running or error setting level
The error on dash would disappear, and I would then try again to no avail. Any tips on how to get to calibrating? SPA XC90 - TIA
*NOT SOLVED* Edit: Not sure what changed / i didnt do anything different, but orbit allowed me to now calibrate suspension height! ***A FEW WEEKS LATER I'VE TRIED TO RECALIBRATE, BUT NOW IT'S GIVING ME THE SAME ERROR AS BEFORE**** - Reason for "leveling not possible", service mode active:
01 Yes
Have just started to configuer some settings on my V90 T6 Recharge Ultimate. Changed a bunch of things and getting the suspension error (level correction error). 
I have restored to OEM, driven the car over 100km/h, cleared DCT, restarted car etc. Nothing seems to clears the error. 
Sugestions?
Checked things physically? maybe something popped off - pure speculation, but what you describe is odd.
(08-23-2024, 08:15 PM)x119 Wrote: Checked things physically? maybe something popped off - pure speculation, but what you describe is odd.
It's fixed now. Why it happened is a mystery but what solved the problem was to make a calibration of the air suspension and drive the car for a bit, then the error dissapered.
(08-24-2024, 03:26 AM)170KJ Wrote:
(08-23-2024, 08:15 PM)x119 Wrote: Checked things physically? maybe something popped off - pure speculation, but what you describe is odd.
It's fixed now. Why it happened is a mystery but what solved the problem was to make a calibration of the air suspension and drive the car for a bit, then the error dissapered.

Ahh, having re-read your initial message; restore to OEM if for CEM configuration only - wouldn’t have reset what appear to have been incorrect configuration for the suspension. In recalibrating that you’ve fixed. Glad you have it sorted!
I have 275/40/22 size tires on my 2017 Volvo XC90 which adds 27.5mm in height over the 275/35/22 factory tire size. If I lower the suspension by 20mm will it improve the overall ride quality in Comfort and Dynamic modes? Ideally if I lower it by 27.5mm, it should bring it down to the stock height with factory recommended tires. Is that how it works?
(09-05-2024, 06:48 PM)chess Wrote: I have 275/40/22 size tires on my 2017 Volvo XC90 which adds 27.5mm in height over the 275/35/22 factory tire size. If I lower the suspension by 20mm will it improve the overall ride quality in Comfort and Dynamic modes? Ideally if I lower it by 27.5mm, it should bring it down to the stock height with factory recommended tires. Is that how it works?

It adds 27.5 mm in height to the wheel, but only raises the car by half that.
(09-05-2024, 10:06 PM)glennda5id Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 06:48 PM)chess Wrote: I have 275/40/22 size tires on my 2017 Volvo XC90 which adds 27.5mm in height over the 275/35/22 factory tire size. If I lower the suspension by 20mm will it improve the overall ride quality in Comfort and Dynamic modes? Ideally if I lower it by 27.5mm, it should bring it down to the stock height with factory recommended tires. Is that how it works?

It adds 27.5 mm in height to the wheel, but only raises the car by half that.

You're right, about ~14mm raise in height. I lowered the suspension by 20mm and I do notice significant driving dynamics improvement - sharp cornering, improved braking (this was a surprise for me). Ride was softer in the Comfort mode and I preferred that compared to earlier. Dynamic was little stiff and combined with the sporty throttle response it was not pleasant for me.
(11-18-2023, 04:55 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 04:52 PM)silo24 Wrote: [quote pid="800" dateline="1680041760"]

Well that was bad. It lowered the car down and set a suspension failure code. Does not go away on dtc clear.

Code is U2100 initial configuration not complete

Message on the dash is Suspension Failure stop safely

Car is definitely lower than comfort.

Probably on easy entry height or performance.

False alarm. It cleared itself on the way home. Carry on.

All it took was me mentally thinking F-U I’ll just get a 3 day VIDA and clear you myself. And it went away.

O, looks like.my first foray into this went this way too...... currently saying 'Suspension Failure Stop Safely'....

Looking at the SUM DID looks like it's in Service Mode..and because it's in service Mode won't allow me to do the calibration...

Any ideas how to manually set it back to Operational mode or restart the Calibration?

If it was anything like mine, the suspension code clears after you drive it for a short time. While the message is active the suspension will not allow ride mode changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Any luck? I also keep getting: 
Reason for "leveling not possible", service mode active:
01 Yes

Then I'd have to drive over 50km to clear the error. I would try again to no avail
Folks, need help with the measurement process as I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.

1. WHEN do I take the measurement 
     a) When the car is parked and turned off or does it need to be running in Comfort mode or something else?
     b) Or, when I initiate the calibration the car does some leveling action. Do I need to take it right after this?

2. HOW do I take the measurement ACCURATELY?
    a) I tried with a metal measurement tape but I can imagine the numbers can be quite off if I am slightly off center and/or the not square from the ground. Hoping there's a better to way that is more accurate.
    b) Does the car need to be on flat even surface? My garage and driveway has a considerable slope and I am not sure if the car is leveling itself to compensate for it.