Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Suspension Calibration
Thanks Partridge.....i'll drop Andrew a message!
[quote pid="800" dateline="1680041760"]

Well that was bad. It lowered the car down and set a suspension failure code. Does not go away on dtc clear.

Code is U2100 initial configuration not complete

Message on the dash is Suspension Failure stop safely

Car is definitely lower than comfort.

Probably on easy entry height or performance.

False alarm. It cleared itself on the way home. Carry on.

All it took was me mentally thinking F-U I’ll just get a 3 day VIDA and clear you myself. And it went away.
[/quote]

O, looks like.my first foray into this went this way too...... currently saying 'Suspension Failure Stop Safely'....

Looking at the SUM DID looks like it's in Service Mode..and because it's in service Mode won't allow me to do the calibration...

Any ideas how to manually set it back to Operational mode or restart the Calibration?
(11-18-2023, 04:52 PM)silo24 Wrote: [quote pid="800" dateline="1680041760"]

Well that was bad. It lowered the car down and set a suspension failure code. Does not go away on dtc clear.

Code is U2100 initial configuration not complete

Message on the dash is Suspension Failure stop safely

Car is definitely lower than comfort.

Probably on easy entry height or performance.

False alarm. It cleared itself on the way home. Carry on.

All it took was me mentally thinking F-U I’ll just get a 3 day VIDA and clear you myself. And it went away.

O, looks like.my first foray into this went this way too...... currently saying 'Suspension Failure Stop Safely'....

Looking at the SUM DID looks like it's in Service Mode..and because it's in service Mode won't allow me to do the calibration...

Any ideas how to manually set it back to Operational mode or restart the Calibration?
[/quote]

If it was anything like mine, the suspension code clears after you drive it for a short time. While the message is active the suspension will not allow ride mode changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fingers crossed it will clear itself.......thanks Partridge!
It cleared itself. Try again tomorrow!
(11-18-2023, 06:41 PM)silo24 Wrote: It cleared itself. Try again tomorrow!

The time it happened to me I was just doing the initial testing of the calibration start process, not the actual calibration.

As such, I didn’t think it would matter that much car wasn’t on a perfectly level surface. I suspect that made it fail the startup process with the code and the suspension failure message.

Maybe check the surface your car is on for level before you try again. I used a phone app to find a parking spot that was within a degree of level.

I have a hard time understanding the Air Suspension Calibration function. None of the stated values are even close to the real life measurements on my car. While the scan states that all 4 wheels are at 380mm +/- 2mm, when I measure, like the info box tells me, the front is 430mm and rear is 480mm. Is the reading wrong, am I measuring incorrectly? Like the box says, I measure from the center point of the wheel, straight up until I hit the black plastic on the fender around the wheel house. Volvo V90 CC MY18
(12-08-2023, 03:04 PM)axelemils Wrote: I have a hard time understanding the Air Suspension Calibration function. None of the stated values are even close to the real life measurements on my car. While the scan states that all 4 wheels are at 380mm +/- 2mm, when I measure, like the info box tells me, the front is 430mm and rear is 480mm. Is the reading wrong, am I measuring incorrectly? Like the box says, I measure from the center point of the wheel, straight up until I hit the black plastic on the fender around the wheel house. Volvo V90 CC MY18

V90 CC, looked it up, one oem size is 235/50R19. That works out to a diameter of 718mm, or a radius of 359mm. So if you’re measuring 430-480 that means you should have a fender gap about 7cm front and 12cm rear. Does that seem right? I haven’t seen a CC in a while but it seems a little high to me.

In any case, air suspension calibration may be of minimal use to you as I believe they only have air in the rear with conventional front suspension.

(12-08-2023, 03:04 PM)axelemils Wrote: I have a hard time understanding the Air Suspension Calibration function. None of the stated values are even close to the real life measurements on my car. While the scan states that all 4 wheels are at 380mm +/- 2mm, when I measure, like the info box tells me, the front is 430mm and rear is 480mm. Is the reading wrong, am I measuring incorrectly? Like the box says, I measure from the center point of the wheel, straight up until I hit the black plastic on the fender around the wheel house. Volvo V90 CC MY18

Hey it's possible I don't have the correct specs loaded for the V90CC. I will check on it and fix it if needed. FYI the only affect here is the "detected height" that is displayed will not be correct. If you measure the heights and calibrate it will work fine. The specs on height are only used as a reference to create the "detected height" display, so you can have a "sanity check' on your measurements. Those specs are not used at all in the actual calibration, the SUM is just given the height measurements and it adjusts itself accordingly.
Hi gents,

just created my account here.
May I still ask about the state of the air suspension calibration process?
Is that available and up and running? Can anybody post some pictures of the process?
Do I need the CEM and the VGM for this process?
Driving a XC60 T6 iCUP MY2022 atm and wairting for my new black edition with 4C in some month Wink