Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP to HK Sound: Door Wires
(07-20-2024, 09:22 PM)Marcp Wrote:
(07-18-2024, 11:08 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: As far as I know, it is possible, as long as you have an AUD (high performance) under the passenger seat, you can add the subwoofer. 
You will need to wire them up because the car does not come pre-wired in most versions. Then, you will need to use Orbit to enable the subwoofer.

Hi, yes I have the amp under the seat, and I already have the subwoofer thing sorted out and have already bought one on eBay.
Now I have a question about how to add the harman kardon center speaker.
I have read on some forums that it is plug and play, is that possible?

As far as I know, the high performance AUD does not have center speaker output. You'll need to replace your AUD to HK or B&W. 
If you upgrade your AUD to HK, you will need to rewire the front door speakers.  Because HK AUD, has a second output channel for MID + high. Your high performance AUD, has only 1 channel and woofer, mid and tweeter are all in parallel on the same one channel.
(05-04-2024, 10:28 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 07:59 PM)Pliind Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 02:39 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 01:27 PM)Pliind Wrote: I actually had all terminals already from my keyless project so everything is now mounted and done! Sound is much better!

So you have the part numbers for the door / pillar connection?

Sorry i don't Sad i bought 4x harnesses and a couple of pillar connectors from the junkyard so i could extract the needed pins. My old harnesses gave me the extra pins for the doors i needed.

No problem! I routed the wires today, and did the bare wires inserted from the car side as recommended by IMAY2023. I don't have the door side receptacles yet, so I can't tell if it worked. But I'm hopeful. Getting to the front door harness connector from inside the car body is awful by the way.

Did you ever figure out the 6 and 8 codes? I did the HP to HK retrofit and have the same codes too.