Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP to HK Sound: Door Wires
Hello guys.
I want to changed base sound system in my V90 CC for HK. I bought used Amp, sub and all speakers.
I need to add new wires. I wondering can I do everything like in bowers. So every three speakers separte (2 wires to each speakers) in front doors.
In rear doors base separate, and mid and tweeters in paralel.
2 wires to subwoofer, 4 wires to center. 
I don't wants to connect pillar because I don't have a holes im the roof. Will i have some fault because od this? Undecided
(06-11-2024, 10:22 AM)Waka666007 Wrote: Hello guys.
I want to changed base sound system in my V90 CC for HK. I bought used Amp, sub and all speakers.
I need to add new wires. I wondering can I do everything like in bowers. So every three speakers separte (2 wires to each speakers) in front doors.
I don't wants to connect pillar because I don't have a holes im the roof. Will i have some fault because od this? Undecided

There are no 4 wires for center speaker on the dash. It's only two wires.  
One thing, if your used HK AUD came from a 60 series, you will need to flash it with 90 series software to enable the rear door second channels.

As far as I noticed, sometimes Orbit does not show DTCs for disconnected speakers. However, VIDA does show them where Orbit does not.  Maybe it's just my car or AUD is like this, I do not know. 

Important point when replacing ECUs or controllers like AUD. 
Before visiting the service or connecting the VIDA, in addition to reloading OEM config in Orbit,  you will need to reinstall the original controller (AUD) in your case. Other wise, VIDA will detect HW change and it will force you to reload software before doing any total upgrade.  

If the installed new controller is listed for your VIN, it would reload. If not, you will get an error "This software is not for your car" after you paid for it and retrieved it.  
No one can be sure if VIDA would reload a retrofitted different (HK or B&W) AUD or not. It's case by case specific to VIN.  It might reload B&W AUD if original was HK because wiring is same. But it might not reload HK if the original is lower since the wiring and some speakers are missing.
(06-11-2024, 06:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

One thing, if your used HK AUD came from a 60 series, you will need to flash it with 90 series software to enable the rear door second channels.

As far as I noticed, sometimes Orbit does not show DTCs for disconnected speakers. However, VIDA does show them where Orbit does not.  Maybe it's just my car or AUD is like this, I do not know. 

Before visiting the service or connecting the VIDA, in addition to reloading OEM config in Orbit,  you will need to reinstall the original controller (AUD) in your case. Other wise, VIDA will detect HW change and it will force you to reload software before doing any total upgrade.  

If the installed new controller is listed for your VIN, it would reload. If not, you will get an error "This software is not for your car" after you paid for it and retrieved it.  
No one can be sure if VIDA would reload a retrofitted different (HK or B&W) AUD or not. It's case by case specific to VIN.  It might reload B&W AUD if original was HK because wiring is same. But it might not reload HK if the original is lower since the wiring and some speakers are missing.
I have got it from 90 series. Do you have any knowledge about wires in front doors for HK? Each speakers has got own wires?
(06-11-2024, 07:23 PM)Waka666007 Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 06:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

I have got it from 90 series. Do you have any knowledge about wires in front doors for HK? Each speakers has got own wires?

I enclosed the wiring diagram for S/V 90.  It depends on what you have at the moment.  According to the wiring diagram, HK AUD does not have MID speakers on the rear doors. So you do not need to do anything from AUD to door. But, you might need to add wiring on inside the door. From the woofer to the tweeter on the door trim. (don't know if your car is pre-wired.)  For the front doors, according to diagram, you do not have the second channel from AUD to the door. So, you will need to wire from the AUD to the door. Then cut second wires on the woofer and connect your new wiring to them. Which goes to the door harness connector to the trim harness connector.

Attached Files
.zip   Wiring_Diagram_SV90 (6).zip (Size: 3.11 MB / Downloads: 23)
Can I use MID speakers from HP front doors and use it in rear doors with HK Amp connected like roof speakers?
Aby body knows what is it and is that correct?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Technically, you can connect them but front door mid speakers do not fit on rear doors. Rear doors have smaller mid speakers. Pillar speakers are 2 way (MID + high) and they do not fit to rear doors too. 
FYI, tweeters and woofers can be moved from door to door (F and R).
hi there!
I want to add an original subwoofer to my 2019 xc60 sound base system.
I have read that until 2020 you could have the base system + optional subwoofer, has anyone been able to add it or do you know if it is possible?
It is possible as far as I know, as long as you have an AUD (high performance) under the passenger seat you can add the subwoofer. 
You will need to wire them because the car is not prewired in most builds. Then you will need to use Orbit to enable subwoofer.
Lo que no veo claro es que teóricamente tengo los altavoces de columna de dos cables y no se donde están situados, no los veo en el coche, ¿puede ser que tenga preinstalación?
[archivo adjunto=356]
[archivo adjunto=357]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-18-2024, 11:08 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Por lo que sé, es posible, siempre que tengas un AUD (alto rendimiento) debajo del asiento del pasajero, puedes agregar el subwoofer. 
Deberás conectarlos porque el automóvil no viene precableado en la mayoría de las versiones. Luego, deberás usar Orbit para habilitar el subwoofer.

Hola, si, tengo el amplificador debajo del asiento, y ya tengo claro el tema del subwoofer y ya he comprado 1 en eBay.
Ahora tengo una pregunta sobre cómo agregar el altavoz central harman kardon.
He leído en algunos foros que es plug and play, ¿puede ser?