Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BE ADVISED! VIDA detects any module replacement or addition!
(06-10-2024, 08:05 AM)Pliind Wrote: So if i have retrofitted electric seats, backup camera, HK and keyless, should i be afraid if something legit breaks down? If i dont have my original seats left is the worst case scenario that they stop working?

VIDA will detect the new equipment if you leave them connected. 
I don't know if it would detect the keyless entry antennas but it will detect the rest. 
For the seats, 
Leaving the new seats connected is a risk for you.  There are variants of seat controller and the software comes with it.  I cannot tell you for certain if it will reload the new seat controllers or not and if it does,  if the new reloaded software has the same features.  
So, here is what you can do to check. 
1) Connect the Orbit and check current (new modules) HW Diagnostic and SW part numbers of the PSMD and PSMP and note them down. 
2) If you have access to VIDA, without connecting it to your car, type your VIN number in the select vehicle TAB.  Then click on the VIN number, it will give you last officially recorded HW diagnostic and installed SW numbers.  
If the HW diagnostic numbers match, most likely it will reload the software's. However, check the software numbers too. Because as far as I noticed, there are different software part numbers for the same PSMP and PSMD modules. Which means, it is possible that if it reloads the new software according to original specs and features but you might lose the features of the new seats because it would load a software without all the features of the new seats. 

If the HW diagnostic numbers do not match;  click on the search button and search for PSMD / PSMP for your VIN. it will give you part numbers, If one of the part numbers match to your new controllers, it will most likely reload the software but you will still have the same risk as described above.  If none of the part numbers matches to your new controller, it won't reload and you won't be able to do total upgrade until you clear the list of software in HW changes  TAB.      

In my case, my new seats came from s90 series. I knew for certain, it would not reload the s90 controllers on an s60 car. So, I had to connect the old seats and reload. Next time, I am just going to disconnect new the seats or remove the fuse of the PSMP and PSMD.  since there are airbags and other stuff not related to seat controller.
Oh crap! I did so many modiffication to my car, that i tink  will take me days to unplug all the modules, and plug it back, just for a diagnose.
I have retrofited power seat driver,  semi auto parking, harman kardon, fog lights, keyless entry, paddle shifters,  electric folding rear headrest.  And soon i want to retrofit full led headlights, and memory mirors...
2019 Volvo V60
(06-22-2024, 05:15 AM)paunionutz Wrote: Oh crap! I did so many modiffication to my car, that i tink  will take me days to unplug all the modules, and plug it back, just for a diagnose.
I have retrofited power seat driver,  semi auto parking, harman kardon, fog lights, keyless entry, paddle shifters,  electric folding rear headrest.  And soon i want to retrofit full led headlights, and memory mirors...

Some of those modification can be turned into official and some are not detected at all. 
1) Semi Automatic parking.  > You can purchase it from VIDA for $90.  Don't know if CEM would detect the additional sensors with OEM settings and report to VIDA. 
2) Don't worry about FOG lights, paddle shifters.  Reverting to OEM covers it. (I have the same) 
3) If you got the HK from another 60 series, it should let you to reload for $90 or just disconnect it or put the old one back. 
4)  electric folding rear headrest  just revert it to original. they are not detected. 

Power seats: You are in the same situation as me. If your power seats came from 60 series, and the parts numbers matches to yours, you should be able to reload. But and there is always a but. It is indeed too risky.  Let's assume VIDA reloaded your new modules ($180) for each.  We cannot know if the software is the same and you might end up loosing some functionality of the seats even if you re enable them from Orbit.  Such as massage, side support, 4 way lumber and etc. 

To be clear, new HW does not block the CAR. On the contrary forces the owners to purchase reload before scanning and installing total upgrade.  
What you really should care about, not the make VOLVO block your car. by detecting configuration changes! Because if a module like BCM, ABS, ECM or CEM goes bad and you need to replace it, VIDA will not install any software on a blocked car. Service center would need to request the unlock from VOLVO corp. (Sweden)
For seats (i had manual seats, and now  is only driver seat electric), i will probably cut the CAN wires, for audio i plug old AUD, but what should i do with the headlights and mirrors? If i unplug the fuses, is ok?
PS: for HK  probably will reload software for Premium sound, i don't  think that will reload software for HK, because in Vida servers i don't have HK, and is not available for mai VIN
PS: semi-automatic parking is not available anymore on accessories, and neither software for upgrade
2019 Volvo V60
(06-23-2024, 04:56 PM)paunionutz Wrote: For seats (i had manual seats, and now  is only driver seat electric), i will probably cut the CAN wires, for audio i plug old AUD, but what should i do with the headlights and mirrors? If i unplug the fuses, is ok?
PS: for HK  probably will reload software for Premium sound, i don't  think that will reload software for HK, because in Vida servers i don't have HK, and is not available for mai VIN
PS: semi-automatic parking is not available anymore on accessories, and neither software for upgrade

For the seats, you can just disconnect the connector. no need to cut stuff. 
Removing the fuses for headlights would work. But, I do not what pre-programming checks does VIDA run before installing total upgrade.  Headlight units (HCML and HCMR) can be essential modules and VIDA  would or would not upgrade.  

PS: semi-automatic parking is not available anymore on accessories, and neither software for upgrade .  You might be right. However, although the IMS (alarm movement sensor) wasn't available as accessory,  VIDA detected my retro fitted $20 IMS and gave me the option "IMS reload" for $250.  where IMS remove option was only $30.  You cannot leave the sensors connected, either it detects them and gives you the option make them official or does not detect them all.  Sensors does generate signal, they are turn on and off by the CEM. So, if they are disabled from CEM, they won't turn on. 

For HK AUD, it might or might not reload by itself.   A member here purchased a brand new one from the dealer, according to same person, the dealer requested the upgrade for the car.  
I am not VIDA expert or a VOLVO employee. So, I cannot tell you what exactly would or would not work.  I am just sharing my experience!
In your case, Vida gave you option to reload IMS because the IMS sensor is an option that Volvo can retrofit official. But like you see in your case, when you want to retrofit Pillot Assist, Vida let you to download BCM reload software, and then told you that is not for your VIN. Probably will make the same with the HK, and other option that are not compatible with the VIN. In your case Vida install software for MID headlights, in your HIGH modules, and crash the headlight.
2019 Volvo V60
(06-23-2024, 06:24 PM)paunionutz Wrote: In your case, Vida gave you option to reload IMS because the IMS sensor is an option that Volvo can retrofit official. But like you see in your case, when you want to retrofit Pillot Assist, Vida let you to download BCM reload software, and then told you that is not for your VIN. Probably will make the same with the HK, and other option that are not compatible with the VIN. In your case Vida install software for MID headlights, in your HIGH modules, and crash the headlight.

No, Alarm with movement sensor was not an option for my car! In US all VOLVOs comes with factory fitted Alarm only!  Adding IMS was not even an option for US market. However, in some cases, like the IMS VIDA allows you retrofit it and reload in the US market. 

Pilot Assist upgrade is still available if you find the part brand new! The diagnostic part number of the unit is tied to PA software part number.  If the original unit is replaced with the same part number or a newer one but with the same diagnostic part number "without top dumping brake unit" original, then VIDA will reload BSM software. 

The headlight units are different story. 
There are two types of HCM, HIGH (bendy) and MID (non-bendy) only during production of the car.  The part numbers are exactly the same. Thus if you buy new one, there is no difference.  When I reloaded the HCMs on my second hand High types, it did not caused any problems.  It could have been enabled the bendy lights by itself if I had reloaded them correctly.  I select just reload the HCM option. There were 6 options. 
1) Left controller
2) Left controller with headlight
3) Left Headlight 
4) Right controller
5) Right controller with headlight
6) Right headlight

There were no options that combines 2 and 5 above which was my case.  But the procedure installing 2 or 5 stand alone is same as orbit does. VIDA asks for the info from the sticker of the headlight(s).  

After I reloaded the HCMs only on my used HIGH level HCMS, I could install total upgrade. But the none of the exterior lights functioned correctly. That's why I reloaded the HCMs from the Orbit by fallowing all the steps. And it worked perfectly afterwards.  Now, I do not know for sure if VIDA would detect the SW changes (if any) and force me reload again in the future.
I'd be curious about my plugged-in trailer module when reverted to OEM

I also have replacement camera control module

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Don't do the same mistake I did. It might end up costing you a lot of money. 
I had to reload PCMD, PCMP, HCM and IMS remove before I could run the total upgrade.  
Now, PCMD, PCMD and HCM  costs $90 each. IMS remove costs $30.  However, IMS is an accessory so VOLVO charges $250 for IMS reload to make retrofitted movement sensor accessory official. We all know that it's not even a software. It's a simple config change. 

I don't know how much trailer accessory software costs.  But you might end up like me 250 to add and 30 to remove. 
For the WAM module, I am not even sure if VIDA would reload it for your VIN as an accessory and how much it would cost. I would not take the risk. It's easy to remove the power connector from the module.
This is a little worrying. In which case do you need VIDA? Which upgrade are you talking about? A complete system upgrade? Why is an upgrade necessary? In what case do you need system upgrade?
I installed the trailer module and retrofit towbar. Does that mean I can expect problems? 
What about enabling software options such as Sensus navigation and androidAuto and AppleCarplay? Is this software option also going to make problems?