Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Auto and Caplay activation
So, result: USB hub with 2 usb's definitely gives more stable connect. On cable, that was not working at all without hub - with hub connected, but connection was unstable.
Another cable, that didn't connect - connected and worked. Of course cable, that worked without hub - is working stable with it Smile
My cable from LR was not tested, but i think it should work now like in my LR...

It is my experience... So, if you have 1 usb - better to install double usb hub: 32207897 IMHO
(02-13-2023, 08:38 AM)Stranger Wrote: So, result: USB hub with 2 usb's definitely gives more stable connect. On cable, that was not working at all without hub - with hub connected, but connection was unstable.
Another cable, that didn't connect - connected and worked. Of course cable, that worked without hub - is working stable with it Smile
My cable from LR was not tested, but i think it should work now like in my LR...

It is my experience... So, if you have 1 usb - better to install double usb hub: 32207897 IMHO
Hub is the USB-A or the newer USB-C?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
(02-13-2023, 08:38 AM)Stranger Wrote: So, result: USB hub with 2 usb's definitely gives more stable connect. On cable, that was not working at all without hub - with hub connected, but connection was unstable.

This isn't how USB works though. I'm talking in general and not specifically for the IHU. Your scenario is strange. There is no reason for it not to work. It's just a A>B peripheral. 

As I mentioned in an earlier post a 'double USB Hub' install isn't the only thing you need to do in some vehicles, it involves running additional power through to the battery in the boot. And in my case, a XC90 it just works fine. Both AA and ACP via a single USB. 

Now in the case of contradictory statements I think it's key to stress here that just because it's a shared platform (SPA in this case) doesn't mean that an option that works on 90s will work on 60s etc. CMA for the 40s also may be different. But if you look at FCC records much of the IHU system is shared across all.
Yeah, this sound much more like a power issue. 

Without the USB hub, the cable selection becomes very critical. With a short cable of high quality, it probably would work every time. As the voltage drop would be low enough to allow negotiation.

With he USB in the loop, the IHU talks to the USB Hub with OEM wiring loom, then provides power to the Hub which can then support poorer quality cables.
(02-13-2023, 09:21 AM)BeachBoy Wrote:

Hub is the USB-A or the newer USB-C?

USB-A

And yes, i had a cable that work perfectly without hub, but other cables had issues in volvo, but in the same time worked in LR... So i guess hub gives more power and cable quality become less important... But one L-shaped cable that my wife use with cigaret-lighter charger is perfect to close roller blind without unplugging and it was not working at all now shows phone but disconnects constantly... =) So HUB is not 100% panacea =)
Thanks. I already have AA but my friend has a 2017 and none. I saw an option for carplay but didn't see AA?

On mine I was looking at switching for usb-C but not sure I would get better charge speed, anyway normally it's for long drives.otherwise I don't plug in

(02-14-2023, 03:25 AM)BeachBoy Wrote: Thanks. I already have AA but my friend has a 2017 and none. I saw an option for carplay but didn't see AA?

On mine I was looking at switching for usb-C but not sure I would get better charge speed, anyway normally it's for long drives.otherwise I don't plug in

In my first post: 224 to 04 =)
Issue about not working AA or Carplay, mostly comes from quality of usb cables, even Volvo insist that for carplay must be used usb hub, where 1x usb port is with white box around and it's suggested to use for carplay, and second port for usb port with music, video etc.

But in fact, even with 1 usb port SPA cars work both AA and Carplay, best way is to use OEM cable of phone, if Samsung phone, use original Samsung phone cable , if Iphone , iphone's original cable, which usual come with chargers, or at some stores buy oem Samsung or Iphone cables, depending which brand you use, Samsung, Huawei etc.  , with non-oem cables happen that disconnect often AA, Carplay,  for AA there are some requirements like install latest AA app, allow permission for app etc . , same like fro Carplay need eable siri etc. , usual on web of AA or Carplay is described what need enable to have working AA, Carplay.

At some car brands, for Iphones must be replaced usb port, cause not supply enough power, that's why they suggest hub, but at Volvo SPA no problems with 1x usb port,  except if someone prefere have 2x ports, 1x for carplay,aa, 1x for music,video usb stick.
Hi

Yesterday I enabled Android Auto (car play was already there) on a 2015 Inscription - single USB

The button displayed, but initially I thought it didn't work, but after a switch on/off and lock and unlock and (probably the real reason) changed the USB to C cable to one that supports fast charge and all is good.

Car just went into dealer for ACC/PA (with the pump) for £850.  Before it went in I reverted back to OEM (this did take two attempts).

Car was in for 2.5 hours including a full software and map update.

Picked up the car, drove round the corner and re-enabled the AA.

Now just messing with the easy entry (which is not working) and the Excellence screens (which is not working)

I think I have enabled the massage seats - the button is there, but i think it is very subtle (bit like x350 jags) - or it is just in my mind!

:-)
(08-22-2023, 06:37 PM)jontyb Wrote: I think I have enabled the massage seats - the button is there, but i think it is very subtle (bit like x350 jags) - or it is just in my mind!

:-)

You can absolutely feel massage seats. There are multiple patterns and levels ranging from gentle to a good massage. Did you already have ventilated seats?