Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to flash a module with software in OrBit
Hi, maybe someone can help me. I bought new headlight without modules. I'm trying to use my existing modules. How do I reprogramm it? Where do I find SBL and VBF software files in OrBit?
I have B&W premium sound from factory in my 2017 Volvo XC90 T6. Everything works as it should, but I see a DTC AUD-B154994 [Audio Module (AUD) Internal Parts. Component Failures. Unexpected operation]. Not sure why this DTC is showing up. Dealer says the entire AUD module needs to be replaced ($$$)! I don't see the need to pay this when everything works for merely clearing a DTC.

Question is whether I can flash this module as I already have all the hardware and see if the DTC goes away? Or is there a chance that it can brick the existing module due to the hardware malfunction (as per the DTC anyway)?
(08-27-2024, 02:40 AM)chess Wrote: I have B&W premium sound from factory in my 2017 Volvo XC90 T6. Everything works as it should, but I see a DTC AUD-B154994 [Audio Module (AUD) Internal Parts. Component Failures. Unexpected operation]. Not sure why this DTC is showing up. Dealer says the entire AUD module needs to be replaced ($$$)! I don't see the need to pay this when everything works for merely clearing a DTC.

Question is whether I can flash this module as I already have all the hardware and see if the DTC goes away? Or is there a chance that it can brick the existing module due to the hardware malfunction (as per the DTC anyway)?

You can pull it out and look inside there might be burned resistor, capacitator or transistor. which you can replace. 
Everything works today until it's not.  I wouldn't try to flash it at this stage without at least looking inside. If the failed component is part of the processor or the RAM, you can endup with bricked AUD. Because flashing process starts with erasing it completely then the flashed software is written into blank addresses. 

If you decide to replace your AUD, I have one gen1 B&W from 2018 XC90 in good condition for sale.  PM me if you are interested.