Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo cars app - Parking climate level?
(07-07-2023, 10:43 PM)Power6 Wrote: Anybody with a non-Hybrid remember back to 2019/2020 or so with the Volvo app? My 2019 S60 *used* to have the "parking climate" which for a T6, was just running the interior fan on a hot day to keep fresh air circulating rather than the interior heats up like a greenhouse. I could engage it in the winter too, less useful but it did circulate what residual heat was left in the system, into the cabin.

At some point, the VOC app was updated, and that was not an option any more. I miss it! Now all I can do is remote start, which is fine, I just liked to be able to run the fans without remote starting.

I understand it was even better for the PHEV as the car can heat and cool without starting the ICE motor.

My car has always been configured as "02 afterrun parking climate" but the VOC app don't care any more ;-)

(07-10-2023, 08:40 AM)GRG Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 10:43 PM)Power6 Wrote: Anybody with a non-Hybrid remember back to 2019/2020 or so with the Volvo app? My 2019 S60 *used* to have the "parking climate" which for a T6, was just running the interior fan on a hot day to keep fresh air circulating rather than the interior heats up like a greenhouse. I could engage it in the winter too, less useful but it did circulate what residual heat was left in the system, into the cabin.

At some point, the VOC app was updated, and that was not an option any more. I miss it! Now all I can do is remote start, which is fine, I just liked to be able to run the fans without remote starting.

I understand it was even better for the PHEV as the car can heat and cool without starting the ICE motor.

My car has always been configured as "02 afterrun parking climate" but the VOC app don't care any more ;-)

Yesss nice days those, I miss it too...it was very useful because I could also schedule the departure time during the week.
Now it's all gone without a reason or an explanation which is a bit odd!
Maybe Volvo has found out that this feature could excessively drain the battery in the long run?

I was wondering the same thing with my 2019 XC90 T6. I hadn't been able to do it in the iPhone app, but I was able to on my Apple Watch until the last update completely changed it's UI. I tried changing from "02 Afterrun parking climate" to "04 Full parking climate" but unfortunately it still didn't work, even after locking car/uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling phone & watch apps.

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s