• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo cars app - Parking climate level?
182 PARKING CLIMATE LEVEL

Code:
"01 No parking climate
02 Afterrun parking climate
03 Heating parking climate
04 Full parking climate"

please if anyone of you have this 04 Full parking climate level and Volvo car app activated, post how act your car when activate cimate by Volvo car app nowdays at higher temperatures, will it run air condition, cool air?

I ask this, cause in my XC40 2020 diesel engine, is only 03 heating parking climate  and not sure does it support now at summer when higher temperatures outside air condition, cool air blowing after engine started, cause at winter time when i press climate on Volvo cars app, it will start engine and start heating car and will turn on heating for front-rear seats.

Not sure what mean this "full" parking climate, is it heating + cooling, or something other, and can i choose this option 04 if have already working 03 level - heating parking climate, if at then end realize that by 03 no cooling parking climate?

Tnx!
I don't have my OEM config file with me but my car does cool in summer and heat in winter!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing your experience! Please once you check your oem config, post what parking climate level in your case.

Today tested remote Climate by Volvo car app, as outside is very hot 30+ C , it started climate and on app i see like blue color animation of air, and it started cooling, when entered car, it was lower temperature and cooling worked,  not sure what it use as temperature, maybe last used for air condition or whatever, but not big deal, for me most important that it does cool in summer Smile ...

At winter was animation on Volvo car app like red color animation of air, that associate on heating.

So, seems even level 03 Heating climate level, it does cooling too.

Maybe this level 4 - full parking climate means that in app will be available option like set some specific temperature for heating - cooling, and not like at level 3, where we just set heating or cooling, and car use probably last used value of temperature for air condition, or something like called "comfortable" temperature at winter and airl cooling at summer, like here described,

https://www.volvocars.com/in/support/car...515c390126
Hi,

Here's a MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription.
I can confirm that 182 PARKING CLIMATE LEVEL is set to "04 Full parking climate" in the OEM config.

The app doesn't allow any climate controlling. It's just on/off with the app, I believe.
Some settings are available in the infotainment screen, but I don't think it's possible to set a target temperature for the parking climate.

I don't know how this will differ from your 03 setting/assembly, but I could describe 04 pretty much identical to the climate control that's available during drive. Including heated & ventilated seats for both front seats and the heated steering wheel. Except target temperature.
---
MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription
Hello,

tnx for sharing your oem config, at least that we can find difference and compare 03 vs 04 level Smile .

Yes, you are right, mostly turn on with options now and with timer. Yes, you are right, in IHU screen is available parking climate settings, and there mostly as i could see is option for time on my ihu, and option climate comfort temperature is like gereyed out, can't press it... Thought maybe level 04 is advanced , with option to set temperature maybe on IHU screen for time, but seems no...

Yes, in my case this level 03, almost like climate during drive, at winter is activated heating + heating seats front-rear and steering wheel heating, and now at summer it activated cooling, seems use that so called "comfort" temperature, depending of outside temperature, maybe something like 20-22C set as comfort temperature.

Tried to test time for parking climate by Volvo cars app, it set timer, but it not run at scheduled time, even in car i could see schedule is created, there was some option "precondition", even i dont know what precondition it check , some level of outside temp or whatever precondition need to start it, maybe level 04 include working timer for parking climate, and level 03 not... Does parking climate timer work?
Mine is set at 02 Afterrun parking climate and it heats and cools
(07-02-2023, 03:00 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: Mine is set at 02 Afterrun parking climate and it heats and cools

Do yiu have 2 separate function for Heat and Cool? Or is just "Fan" and it will do Heat in winter and Cool in summer?
I'm aski g cause mine is a german version and we don't get remote start (for heating or anything else here)
Everything after 5.17 update of Volvo Cars app, doesn't have to option for Heat/Cool/Fan and I did downgrade the app to a version that has (5.14) and I only get the option "Heater"
Where I am now, is 30°C+ and I tried the option, it does blow air, at first little colder than ambient but after 1 minute it comes quite warm. So is just a "Heat" option mostly
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(07-04-2023, 09:44 AM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(07-02-2023, 03:00 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: Mine is set at 02 Afterrun parking climate and it heats and cools

Do yiu have 2 separate function for Heat and Cool? Or is just "Fan" and it will do Heat in winter and Cool in summer?
I'm aski g cause mine is a german version and we don't get remote start (for heating or anything else here)
Everything after 5.17 update of Volvo Cars app, doesn't have to option for Heat/Cool/Fan and I did downgrade the app to a version that has (5.14) and I only get the option "Heater"
Where I am now, is 30°C+ and I tried the option, it does blow air, at first little colder than ambient but after 1 minute it comes quite warm. So is just a "Heat" option mostly
Just the climate setting.
Heat in winter (including seat/steering/deftest IIRC) and cool in summer.
[Image: 4f75b3873f6425b36d3dd26c2cf7bebf.jpg]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Anybody with a non-Hybrid remember back to 2019/2020 or so with the Volvo app? My 2019 S60 *used* to have the "parking climate" which for a T6, was just running the interior fan on a hot day to keep fresh air circulating rather than the interior heats up like a greenhouse. I could engage it in the winter too, less useful but it did circulate what residual heat was left in the system, into the cabin.

At some point, the VOC app was updated, and that was not an option any more. I miss it! Now all I can do is remote start, which is fine, I just liked to be able to run the fans without remote starting.

I understand it was even better for the PHEV as the car can heat and cool without starting the ICE motor.

My car has always been configured as "02 afterrun parking climate" but the VOC app don't care any more ;-)
(07-07-2023, 10:43 PM)Power6 Wrote: Anybody with a non-Hybrid remember back to 2019/2020 or so with the Volvo app? My 2019 S60 *used* to have the "parking climate" which for a T6, was just running the interior fan on a hot day to keep fresh air circulating rather than the interior heats up like a greenhouse. I could engage it in the winter too, less useful but it did circulate what residual heat was left in the system, into the cabin.

At some point, the VOC app was updated, and that was not an option any more. I miss it! Now all I can do is remote start, which is fine, I just liked to be able to run the fans without remote starting.

I understand it was even better for the PHEV as the car can heat and cool without starting the ICE motor.

My car has always been configured as "02 afterrun parking climate" but the VOC app don't care any more ;-)

Yesss nice days those, I miss it too...it was very useful because I could also schedule the departure time during the week.
Now it's all gone without a reason or an explanation which is a bit odd!
Maybe Volvo has found out that this feature could excessively drain the battery in the long run?