Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
That's how it works, there is no way around it!  
Regarding the upgrade,  I am pretty sure it's software based and not a simple config change! 
There are many users here who enabled the ACC/PA and no one reported the limitations of gen1! As far as I know the ACC /PA software itself is in the BSM (Hydraulic Unit) and CEM settings just enables the function! Because I upgraded my 2019 S60 officially replacing the BSM (Hydraulic Unit)! If I recall correctly, It updated BCM and CEM! BCM took the longest and CEM was just a few seconds!
I just configured this on my Polestar 2 (MY '23) without the pilot pack. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but all the ACC and Pilot assist icons are where they're supposed to be, so we'll see.

If anyone has any other pilot pack options that can be enabled on a non-pilot pack Polestar 2, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark.
(01-12-2024, 04:38 PM)mhowell2357 Wrote: I just configured this on my Polestar 2 (MY '23) without the pilot pack. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but all the ACC and Pilot assist icons are where they're supposed to be, so we'll see.

If anyone has any other pilot pack options that can be enabled on a non-pilot pack Polestar 2, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark.

Is that successed? Could you please share your acc/pa configuration parameter list? Thank you very much!  Smile
I used the configurator preset to enable pilot assist/ACC last night, then did a 100 mile drive on A roads, followed by a little motorway diving today. It all seems to work fine, so the Orbit preset has done a great job of automatically identifying the correct parameters for my car.
Quite impressed so-far. I only really wanted ACC, but the corner speed assist function has actually been surprisingly effective when using ACC on windy roads. 
Pilot assist works well enough on the motorway, but I don't think I would trust it on anything but the most clearly marked A roads. It would quite easily lose track of the road, put me further to one side than desirable, switch lanes, or even fail to corner, when the road markings were a bit worn out. 
What other people have said about it only being useful for motorways is probably accurate. I am glad to know this now, as had considered paying Volvo to enable it. I don't think it is worth the ~£1000 they would have wanted, especially given they do not offer ACC only.
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro
Enabled with Orbit: ACC/PA/Corner Speed Assist, Smartphone Integration, Start Stop Memory
I am using the PA all the time including within the city. It holds the lanes and handles the curves well as long as the marking on the road is visible.  Besides, when PA does not detect the lanes, it turns into grey and acts as ACC only which is also nice.  
FYI, it's not unique to VOLVO, all other makes also clearly say it's for highway driving.
(01-16-2024, 06:04 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: I am using the PA all the time including within the city. It holds the lanes and handles the curves well as long as the marking on the road is visible.  Besides, when PA does not detect the lanes, it turns into grey and acts as ACC only which is also nice.  
FYI, it's not unique to VOLVO, all other makes also clearly say it's for highway driving.

I expect that as I use it more, I will become more attuned to what it can and cannot cope with. My comments weren't intended as a criticism of the performance. I would say it probably works about as well as I would have expected (so-far), just that I don't feel there are enough scenarios where I feel confident it would work that it would be worth the investment of buying the update from Volvo. From a technical perspective, it is still pretty impressive. 
I do think the disengagement could have more advance notice and a more prominent signal, the haptics through the wheel are quite light, especially if you are not gripping the wheel hard. If the driver was on a winding road, and became complacent, I could see the car running off the road quite quickly after disengaging. The ACC also loses the car in front over hills, dips and corners a little easier than I'd hope - I can still see the car, but generally it works really well Smile
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro
Enabled with Orbit: ACC/PA/Corner Speed Assist, Smartphone Integration, Start Stop Memory
(01-16-2024, 09:14 PM)Dougray Wrote: I do think the disengagement could have more advance notice and a more prominent signal, the haptics through the wheel are quite light, especially if you are not gripping the wheel hard. If the driver was on a winding road, and became complacent, I could see the car running off the road quite quickly after disengaging. The ACC also loses the car in front over hills, dips and corners a little easier than I'd hope - I can still see the car, but generally it works really well Smile

That is feature not a bug.

Volvo intentionally does not notify well on disengagement because if it did it would set up a situation where you felt you could “trust” the car to drive itself until it alerted you.

The car is decidedly not trustworthy. So they make it so you cannot trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-12-2024, 04:38 PM)mhowell2357 Wrote: I just configured this on my Polestar 2 (MY '23) without the pilot pack. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but all the ACC and Pilot assist icons are where they're supposed to be, so we'll see.

Thanks,

Mark.

I don't think there's anything else from Pilot that can be activated. BLIS required different mirrors and the extra parking sensors unfortunately, same thing for the other safety features.
Please help activate Pilot Assist
My car t8 2016 did not come from the factory with ACC and PA. Now thanks to OrBit and you I was able to activate the ACC, but not PA, with the setting

023 CRUISE CONTROL - 01 With Cruise Control
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION - 01 ACC Version 1
238 - to 01 (for hybrid this should be) Friction Brake actuator without top damping

The ACC appeared, but I can't find the PA, if I click on the buttons on the steering wheel on the left side (left and right arrows) I only have the speed limiter and the ACC, but that's all, the PA doesn't appear anymore.

What am I not doing well? The car can park itself, that's how it came from the factory, it warns me when I cross the lane without signaling, the steering wheel vibrates, so it has steering wheel control. What else do I need to do?

Thank you Smile
(10-13-2023, 10:51 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 05:26 PM)glennda5id Wrote: All SPA cars have had integrated Radar and Camera on windshield (RaCam) until 2022. Volvo has never sold a car that only had radar and did not have a camera.

But more to the point of what this person is saying, they have never tried to implement their safety features using cameras only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(01-31-2024, 09:16 PM)Emzy Wrote: Please help activate Pilot Assist
My car t8 2016 did not come from the factory with ACC and PA. Now thanks to OrBit and you I was able to activate the ACC, but not PA, with the setting

023 CRUISE CONTROL - 01 With Cruise Control
314 ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL VERSION - 01 ACC Version 1
238 - to 01 (for hybrid this should be) Friction Brake actuator without top damping

The ACC appeared, but I can't find the PA, if I click on the buttons on the steering wheel on the left side (left and right arrows) I only have the speed limiter and the ACC, but that's all, the PA doesn't appear anymore.

What am I not doing well? The car can park itself, that's how it came from the factory, it warns me when I cross the lane without signaling, the steering wheel vibrates, so it has steering wheel control. What else do I need to do?

Thank you Smile

According to this  Your T8 model should come with the  Friction Brake actuator with top damping unit from factory. DO NOT change it. 
My 2019  S60 t5 did not came from factory with ACC/PA. I upgraded officially (replaced the hydraulic unit) and installed the software from VIDA myself. After the official upgrade, Now I have   " Friction Brake actuator with top damping" 
023 set it to 04 Adaptive cruise control stop & go, level1