Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar mode
Hello Guys, 
So finally I was able to play with Orbit which is awesome Smile

I was successful with flashing ACC PAC and few other things.
Unfortunely Polestar gearbox mapping doesn’t work Sad

I’ve tried 02 Polestar Optimization and 03 in orbit
Orbit flashes them without any issues, but nothing changes in the car.
For example my drive modes are the same - Comfort, Eco, Dynamic.
Nothing indicates that Polestar is loaded.

I don’t know what to do, have anyone else had this issue ?

(S60 2019 T5)
Go back to the car later Smile 

Thought Orbit should reset the IHU which will update the display in the DIM also, it might just need to be locked and returned to later on.
So I did that,
Locked the car and left it for 2 hours - nothing changed.
Did a test drive and left it overnight - nothing changed aswell.

Is it possible it needs more time than that ?
This is a known issue, the software versions in the car are old. Volvo didn't introduce the renamed drive mode, "Dynamic" to "Polestar Engineered" when the Optimization is installed, until sometime in 2020. If the car you have is older than that, and hasn't had software updates at the dealer (through VIDA) for a long time, it could be running on older versions of the software in the car, from before that update was made.

This has been the case in 100% of the time, when someone has had this problem and we look into it.

If the config table in OrBit shows it in the current config, the Polestar Optimization config has been enabled in the car, there is just not a way for you to tell easily, when you are running on older software versions in the car.
(08-06-2024, 12:23 AM)Power6 Wrote: This is a known issue, the software versions in the car are old. Volvo didn't introduce the renamed drive mode, "Dynamic" to "Polestar Engineered" when the Optimization is installed, until sometime in 2020. If the car you have is older than that, and hasn't had software updates at the dealer (through VIDA) for a long time, it could be running on older versions of the software in the car, from before that update was made.

This has been the case in 100% of the time, when someone has had this problem and we look into it.

If the config table in OrBit shows it in the current config, the Polestar Optimization config has been enabled in the car, there is just not a way for you to tell easily, when you are running on older software versions in the car.

Thanks for clarification.

So last year I added towing hook (used) - and my mechanic installed the needed software via VIDA.
He told me he did a TOTAL UPGRADE - but he could just have lied. Anyways after that my car was Blocked (I found out from you guys - when asking for PIN retrival service).

Is there any way, to update software versions in the car ?
So Polestar Optimization would show up correctly ?
(08-06-2024, 12:23 AM)Power6 Wrote: This is a known issue, the software versions in the car are old. Volvo didn't introduce the renamed drive mode, "Dynamic" to "Polestar Engineered" when the Optimization is installed, until sometime in 2020. If the car you have is older than that, and hasn't had software updates at the dealer (through VIDA) for a long time, it could be running on older versions of the software in the car, from before that update was made.

Can confirm this - car software have to be updated to have Polestar for selection. Without upgrade it shows up as Dynamic.
So is there any way to do the updates when the car is blocked in vida ?
(08-06-2024, 08:42 PM)LucaBlight Wrote: So is there any way to do the updates when the car is blocked in vida ?

Unfortunately no.  The unblock request must be submitted by an authorized volvo service to VOLVO headquarters. According to other user reports it may take up to a week if they agree to unlock the car.
(08-06-2024, 08:53 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 08:42 PM)LucaBlight Wrote: So is there any way to do the updates when the car is blocked in vida ?

Unfortunately no.  The unblock request must be submitted by an authorized volvo service to VOLVO headquarters. According to other user reports it may take up to a week if they agree to unlock the car.
Last time I saw this was 5 days. Dealer did a readout on Monday morning and Friday morning it was unblocked.
My car had Polestar Optimization done by the dealer earlier this year and it improved the drivability no end.  And yes it now says Polestar instead of dynamic, the software was last updated last November the dealer tells me.  The power change is noticeable and the mid-range torque makes a lot of difference.

I am quite disillusioned with Volvo though.  When they sorted out the the drive train issues they should have simply included them with the next software update.  When I change my car next it will not necessarily be a Volvo, this and the whole attitude of the Company (blocking updates etc) has put me right off.
MY19 XC60 D5 Inscription Pro (UK)