Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
Which settings do I need to set to get PA and AAC to work from 0km/h - xxxkm/h?
I don't remember changing anything, but PA and AAC is unavailable under 30km/h and most annoying that it turns of at traffic stop and I have to stop car myself.
Not possible. It's hard coded inside the software. You have the minimum and maximum speed. As far as I know, it is the same for all brands.
ACC works from 0km. Just need to set the speed on ACC 30km/h. The car will stop but if the stop is longer than approx. 5 seconds you have to push the button on steering wheel to get the car going again.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I don't use PA a lot but I do use ACC. But don't know why it says speed too low when I want to turn ACC on below 30kmh. And if I hit the traffic jam when ACC engaged, it's slows down automatically to 15kmh and then dings that acc is turned off and I have to take over and stop car myself.
There are three different functions and all work together,. 
Stop and GO is part of ACC and PA.  The PA and ACC minimum speed is 30kmph and Stop and GO is only activated when ACC or PA is activated. 
You are talking about Stop and GO but it still needs a lead car to fallow.  I Have VW 2019 and it's exactly the same as VOLVO. minimum speed is 30kmph.
(10-07-2024, 07:25 PM)CjewyLV Wrote: I don't use PA a lot but I do use ACC. But don't know why it says speed too low when I want to turn ACC on below 30kmh. And if I hit the traffic jam when ACC engaged, it's slows down automatically to 15kmh and then dings that acc is turned off and I have to take over and stop car myself.
I have never come across this and I have been using ACC when driving more than 30 and driving less than that. If it was set up, let's say at 90, the car would drive 90 or less depends of the traffic ahead. Car would stop and drive again up to 90 (it the stop time was shorter than 5sec or so). If it was set up with less than 30 it will follow the car in front and go up 30. I have never come across a situation where AAC switch off.
(10-08-2024, 07:48 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: There are three different functions and all work together,. 
Stop and GO is part of ACC and PA.  The PA and ACC minimum speed is 30kmph and Stop and GO is only activated when ACC or PA is activated. 
You are talking about Stop and GO but it still needs a lead car to fallow.  I Have VW 2019 and it's exactly the same as VOLVO. minimum speed is 30kmph.
OK. How can you tell what function is in use? Like I have mentioned above the car will stop no matter what speed it was activated.
I tried to record a video today but there was no traffic to show how it works on my car. I will try tomorrow.
I only have 8000km on the car myself so I might never be in situation you are describing.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
(10-07-2024, 11:35 AM)CjewyLV Wrote: Which settings do I need to set to get PA and AAC to work from 0km/h - xxxkm/h?
I don't remember changing anything, but PA and AAC is unavailable under 30km/h and most annoying that it turns of at traffic stop and I have to stop car myself.

I have the exact same problem. I have also enabled Traffic jam assist (Level 1). This morning I did a test but too bad ACC went off when speed was below 30.

Is there another setting to enable ACC below 30?
In case the difference between the Volvo functions: "Lane keeping assistance" and "Pilot assistance" is/was unclear (like for me), here is how Volvo states this: https://www.volvocars.com/en-th/support/...517c3490b8

I have the 2021 V60 D3 AWD Business, that has the Lane keeping assistance already. Thus to my understanding, enabling ACC/PA only enables the additional feature to the existing cruise control, making it adaptive.

I wonder how much would this cost from a Volvo dealer...

Marko.
I've been in that road with my 2019 s60 where I needed to replace the hydraulic unit.  in the US. 
The part itself (new) was around $1100. 
Then you have the software that includes BSM reload and pilot assists was around $500 on VIDA. 
Then you have the labour.  Hard to say since every service can charge differently for labour hours. They wanted $from me $1200 just for the labour in CA US. 

I found a brand new  hydraulic unit by total chance from a UK seller. door to door cost me $650. 
Labours, replacing the unit is not a hard job but there are many things on the way to get to it. It cost me $350 including bleeding the brakes in a local shop. 

VIDA software, 
Here is where I got extremely lucky! On the same day I was doing the replacement, VOLVO (VIDA) servers had an internal issue. They could not charge credit, debit card for any purchase via VIDA.  
I must say, their support team is really responsive and responsible.  I opened a ticket and and they responded in 10 min. They said, they are aware of the issue and they hadn't known about the ETA for resolution so, they added the software to my account free of charge! 

In total, its cost me $1000 to have it official. (before I knew Orbit existed)
Ik was just able to use the Pilot assist. Traffic jam must be set to level 3 for my car (T5 2019) to have it working.

But also the pilot assist stops under the 20/30 km/h.

Does anybody know which setting I need to set more to have ACC/PA working under 20/30 km/h?