Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key coding
(06-21-2024, 02:32 PM)Power6 Wrote: Yes this correct. OrBit can program keys on any car, BUT retrieving the "Security PIN" that is needed to do it, is only possible on the CEMs that have the '5748G' processor. We can't retrieve it from the '5646B' or '5646C' based units.

Generally 2017 and earlier not suported. Some 2018 and most 2019+. It depends for the newer models if they are spec'd with the HIGH CEM (supported) vs the MID CEM (not supported). In some markets like the US all the cars look to have the HIGH CEM 2019-up.

Some newer cars in other markets though, have an updated MID spec CEM using the old processor, which isn't supported.

It's complicated to just have a simple statement about it (see above lol), you can't just tell if the car has a supported CEM, so that's why I had to handle it through OrBit checking and reporting if supported. And even THAT has gone through a couple updates, to not give false hope saying the CEM is supported and then fail the extract :-(

Would it be possible to swap in used CEM with 5748G processor and code CEM to car and then have key programming capability?
I wrote the wrong security code. What should i do to change it?
s90 my18 t4
Is there any way to retrive security pin for an XC40? Can’t do it with orbit.
Need to program an extra key. Going to the dealer might be the only option?