Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V90/XC90/S90 HK AUD .VBF Files
(07-29-2024, 11:38 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 09:17 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 07:49 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 06:46 PM)Pliind Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 01:16 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Hard to say. I drew new wires to both the front and rear doors. But I still had the codes.

Were you able to find a diagram that shows the speaker numbering, i.e. that speaker "6" and "8" are for the rear door mids?

No its just my guess as its the only speaker pair i dont have and cant have vs a v90. Would love a diagram with speaker numbers
The fault codes are odd. I have a V90 and could add the mids on the rear door. But I understand they are wired in parallel with the tweeters. I have the tweeters wired to the AUD, so the AUD should not be sending a DTC for open circuits for that channel/wire pair.

So all in all, knowing what the car considers to be speakers 6 & 8 would be nice.
What is the year of your car and what is the year of replaced AUD. The wiring is different.  
If your car and the replaced AUD's year before 2023. 

D6  =  Left_Rear_Mid_Tweet_neg 
D18 = Left_Rear_Mid_Tweet_pos

D8 =   Right_Rear_Mid_Tweet_neg
D20 = Right_Rear_Mid_Tweet_pos

Ooo, are you suggesting the DTC's referring to speakers "6" and "8" are referencing the D6 and D8 negative wires?

My car is a 2018 V90CC. My donor AUD is from a 2019 XC60. I have flashed it to change its configuration to a V/XC90. Going from HP to HK, i drew new wires to the rear doors to add the tweeters, with the woofers already being there. As for the front doors, I added new wires as well to put the tweeter and mids in parallel on their own channel, whereas before they were in parallel with the woofer.

Not sure from where you got the negative for the additional channels but you most get the negative from D6, D8, D10  (Right_Front_Mid_Tweet_neg)  and D1  (Left_Front_Mid_Tweet_neg).  

You are reducing the resistance (impedance) of the channel by using the same negative!  Audio signals of an amp. are not like electricity that you can get the ground where ever you want.
(07-30-2024, 05:01 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 07:49 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 06:46 PM)Pliind Wrote: No its just my guess as its the only speaker pair i dont have and cant have vs a v90. Would love a diagram with speaker numbers
The fault codes are odd. I have a V90 and could add the mids on the rear door. But I understand they are wired in parallel with the tweeters. I have the tweeters wired to the AUD, so the AUD should not be sending a DTC for open circuits for that channel/wire pair.

So all in all, knowing what the car considers to be speakers 6 & 8 would be nice.
What is the year of your car and what is the year of replaced AUD. The wiring is different.  

Ooo, are you suggesting the DTC's referring to speakers "6" and "8" are referencing the D6 and D8 negative wires?

My car is a 2018 V90CC. My donor AUD is from a 2019 XC60. I have flashed it to change its configuration to a V/XC90. Going from HP to HK, i drew new wires to the rear doors to add the tweeters, with the woofers already being there. As for the front doors, I added new wires as well to put the tweeter and mids in parallel on their own channel, whereas before they were in parallel with the woofer.

Not sure from where you got the negative for the additional channels but you most get the negative from D6, D8, D10  (Right_Front_Mid_Tweet_neg)  and D1  (Left_Front_Mid_Tweet_neg).  

You are reducing the resistance (impedance) of the channel by using the same negative!  Audio signals of an amp. are not like electricity that you can get the ground where ever you want.
Oh, sorry, no I wired them to their respective negative terminals on the AUD.

I was asking if you think that the DTC referring to speaker "6" and speaker "8" is a reference to negative terminal numbering on the D connector of the AUD? In other words, when the DTC refers to speaker "6" it is talking about the left_rear_mid_tweet because that speaker connects at D6.

If that is the case, why am I getting the DTCs since I have left rear tweeter and right rear tweeter wired on those connectors, and as far I know on the HK system for the V/XC90 there should not be a mid-speaker on the rear door.
(07-30-2024, 05:15 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 07:49 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: The fault codes are odd. I have a V90 and could add the mids on the rear door. But I understand they are wired in parallel with the tweeters. I have the tweeters wired to the AUD, so the AUD should not be sending a DTC for open circuits for that channel/wire pair.

I was asking if you think that the DTC referring to speaker "6" and speaker "8" is a reference to negative terminal numbering on the D connector of the AUD? In other words, when the DTC refers to speaker "6" it is talking about the left_rear_mid_tweet because that speaker connects at D6.

If that is the case, why am I getting the DTCs since I have left rear tweeter and right rear tweeter wired on those connectors, and as far I know on the HK system for the V/XC90 there should not be a mid-speaker on the rear door.

You need to be more specific with the DTC you are getting, there should be 2 more characters at the end of it. Check this out!  
If you already connected the speakers to their respective pins and still getting the DTCs after clearing them, I bet you have a short in your wiring or you connected the negative pin to the positive of the speaker.  

If you are interested I have a s/v/xc 90 series gen1 B&W AUD and a B&W SUB for sale.
(07-30-2024, 07:27 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 09:17 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: What is the year of your car and what is the year of replaced AUD. The wiring is different.  

You need to be more specific with the DTC you are getting, there should be 2 more characters at the end of it. Check this out!  
If you already connected the speakers to their respective pins and still getting the DTCs after clearing them, I bet you have a short in your wiring or you connected the negative pin to the positive of the speaker.  

If you are interested I have a s/v/xc 90 series gen1 B&W AUD and a B&W SUB for sale.

It is the (13) code for open circuit. But obviously the circuit is not open since all the speakers work.

Also, in this fault guide you linked to, which I understand is for a 2013 XC60, the B1A06 speaker is the center channel and the B1A08 speaker is the sub. Do we know if that holds true across the models and production years? I guess we need someone with VIDA to answer this. Otherwise, we are stabbing in the dark.
(07-30-2024, 07:43 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(07-30-2024, 07:27 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 11:38 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Ooo, are you suggesting the DTC's referring to speakers "6" and "8" are referencing the D6 and D8 negative wires?

It is the (13) code for open circuit. But obviously the circuit is not open since all the speakers work.

Also, in this fault guide you linked to, which I understand is for a 2013 XC60, the B1A06 speaker is the center channel and the B1A08 speaker is the sub. Do we know if that holds true across the models and production years? I guess we need someone with VIDA to answer this. Otherwise, we are stabbing in the dark.

C10  - Center_Speaker_pos
C2 - Center_Speaker_neg

B1A0813 is not the Subwoofer in the trunk. It's the subwoofer on the right one of the doors. 

Description:
Subwoofer module (SUB) checks the signal on the signal line to the voice coil in right bass speaker. The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if the control module detects that: Signal missing on the signal cable to voice coil in the right bass speaker. The control module's test for the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) starts in the event of: Start up of the MOST network. Note! The control module can only detect the fault once the test has been started and the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored when the conditions are met.
Cause:
Open-circuit in the signal cable between the amplifier and voice coil in the bass loudspeaker.  

I don't know if you replaced your woofers on the doors or just added the tweeters, the woofer speakers on the doors are all different for HP, HK and B&W. They respond to different frequencies and they all have different impedance.  

If you by mistake switch the negative to positive, you will still hear sound from the speaker but in reversed phase and AUD might detect it as open circuit.
Ok, but the question remains which speakers do B1A06 and B1A08 refer to in 2018 V90?
(07-30-2024, 09:36 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Ok, but the question remains which speakers do B1A06 and B1A08 refer to in 2018 V90?
Same, the existing codes do not change between the models only new ones are added! https://www.dtcdecode.com/Volvo/AUD-B1A0613
Folks… only quote the necessary content. Makes it super difficult to read in a fluid manner. Thanks!
(07-30-2024, 09:53 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-30-2024, 09:36 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Ok, but the question remains which speakers do B1A06 and B1A08 refer to in 2018 V90?
Same, the existing codes do not change between the models only new ones are added! https://www.dtcdecode.com/Volvo/AUD-B1A0613

Excellent!!! So I will try reversing the polarity of those two speakers since they are both otherwise working. Thanks for the help!!
(07-30-2024, 09:24 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: C10  - Center_Speaker_pos
C2 - Center_Speaker_neg

B1A0813 is not the Subwoofer in the trunk. It's the subwoofer on the right one of the doors. 

Description:
Subwoofer module (SUB) checks the signal on the signal line to the voice coil in right bass speaker. The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if the control module detects that: Signal missing on the signal cable to voice coil in the right bass speaker. The control module's test for the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) starts in the event of: Start up of the MOST network. Note! The control module can only detect the fault once the test has been started and the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored when the conditions are met.
Cause:
Open-circuit in the signal cable between the amplifier and voice coil in the bass loudspeaker.  

I don't know if you replaced your woofers on the doors or just added the tweeters, the woofer speakers on the doors are all different for HP, HK and B&W. They respond to different frequencies and they all have different impedance.  

If you by mistake switch the negative to positive, you will still hear sound from the speaker but in reversed phase and AUD might detect it as open circuit.
@IMAY2023, I was thinking about this some more last night and are you sure that B1A08 refers to one of the door woofer/bass speakers? I ask because doing the switch from HP to HK, I did not have to re-wire or re-pin the channels/wiring for the door woofers at all. I did change the speakers to the proper HK versions. So I'm wondering how there could be a fault code for those speakers.

It seems like it would make more sense if B1A08 referred to the subwoofer in the trunk (as suggested by this DTC guide B1A08 DTC ) because the subwoofer was added as part of the change from HP to HK and therefore carried with it the chance that the polarity was wired in reverse.