Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
V90/XC90/S90 HK AUD .VBF Files
(07-29-2024, 12:09 AM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 08:59 PM)m17083 Wrote: Well, that's very good news. Now there is room for creativity).

I think the woofer speakers and the subwoofer are the same in Gen1 and Gen2. The tweeters in the rear doors are identical. The tweeters in the front doors are different, but I want to try to cut capacitors and listen. The midrange and surround speakers will have to be changed.
You are correct about the IHU. It doesn't have a Jazz mode and I have a question about the subwoofer settings because I almost don't hear it with the Gen2 amp.

Thanks for your help and good explanation. I will share a result at the end.

(07-28-2024, 07:37 PM)Pliind Wrote: Looks like the v60 HK amp i bought was in fact a V90 HK amp, would anybody have the v60 HK file to share with me? Would be lovely to kill my open speaker faults.

Interestingly enough, I have a V90 and I went from HP to HK. I got my donor HK amp from an XC60 and was able to flash it with the proper V90 configuration. All the speakers work as expected, but I still have the B1A06 and B1A08 DTCs.

Well shiieet. Effectively it will be no difference for me as i drew a wire from amp to back door tweeters, and the fault for mid rear speakers missing will still live on. ?
V60 2020 
(07-29-2024, 07:07 AM)Pliind Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 08:59 PM)m17083 Wrote: Well, that's very good news. Now there is room for creativity).

I think the woofer speakers and the subwoofer are the same in Gen1 and Gen2. The tweeters in the rear doors are identical. The tweeters in the front doors are different, but I want to try to cut capacitors and listen. The midrange and surround speakers will have to be changed.
You are correct about the IHU. It doesn't have a Jazz mode and I have a question about the subwoofer settings because I almost don't hear it with the Gen2 amp.

(07-28-2024, 07:37 PM)Pliind Wrote: Looks like the v60 HK amp i bought was in fact a V90 HK amp, would anybody have the v60 HK file to share with me? Would be lovely to kill my open speaker faults.

Interestingly enough, I have a V90 and I went from HP to HK. I got my donor HK amp from an XC60 and was able to flash it with the proper V90 configuration. All the speakers work as expected, but I still have the B1A06 and B1A08 DTCs.

Well shiieet. Effectively it will be no difference for me as i drew a wire from amp to back door tweeters, and the fault for mid rear speakers missing will still live on. ?

Hard to say. I drew new wires to both the front and rear doors. But I still had the codes.

Were you able to find a diagram that shows the speaker numbering, i.e. that speaker "6" and "8" are for the rear door mids?
(07-29-2024, 01:16 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:

Hard to say. I drew new wires to both the front and rear doors. But I still had the codes.

Were you able to find a diagram that shows the speaker numbering, i.e. that speaker "6" and "8" are for the rear door mids?

No its just my guess as its the only speaker pair i dont have and cant have vs a v90. Would love a diagram with speaker numbers
V60 2020 
(07-29-2024, 06:46 PM)Pliind Wrote:

No its just my guess as its the only speaker pair i dont have and cant have vs a v90. Would love a diagram with speaker numbers
The fault codes are odd. I have a V90 and could add the mids on the rear door. But I understand they are wired in parallel with the tweeters. I have the tweeters wired to the AUD, so the AUD should not be sending a DTC for open circuits for that channel/wire pair.

So all in all, knowing what the car considers to be speakers 6 & 8 would be nice.
Each speaker has an impedance (ohm).  If  you have 2 speakers of 4 ohm each wired toghether, you obtain an 2 ohm impedance on that chanel. If you only have 1 speaker,  remains 4 ohm on that chanel, and AUD  send a fault code
2019 Volvo V60
(07-29-2024, 08:47 PM)paunionutz Wrote: Each speaker has an impedance (ohm).  If  you have 2 speakers of 4 ohm each wired toghether, you obtain an 2 ohm impedance on that chanel. If you only have 1 speaker,  remains 4 ohm on that chanel, and AUD  send a fault code
Would that cause the B1A06(13) DTC though? The (13) implies an open circuit, whereas (11) or (12) looks like an incorrect reading. If the AUD detected just the impedance of the tweeter vs. the combined impedance of a tweeter and mid or no impedance at all, wouldn't it throw one of the other faults as opposed to open circuit?
(07-29-2024, 07:49 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 12:09 AM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Interestingly enough, I have a V90 and I went from HP to HK. I got my donor HK amp from an XC60 and was able to flash it with the proper V90 configuration. All the speakers work as expected, but I still have the B1A06 and B1A08 DTCs.

The fault codes are odd. I have a V90 and could add the mids on the rear door. But I understand they are wired in parallel with the tweeters. I have the tweeters wired to the AUD, so the AUD should not be sending a DTC for open circuits for that channel/wire pair.

So all in all, knowing what the car considers to be speakers 6 & 8 would be nice.
What is the year of your car and what is the year of replaced AUD. The wiring is different.  
If your car and the replaced AUD's year before 2023. 

D6  =  Left_Rear_Mid_Tweet_neg 
D18 = Left_Rear_Mid_Tweet_pos

D8 =   Right_Rear_Mid_Tweet_neg
D20 = Right_Rear_Mid_Tweet_pos
(07-29-2024, 09:17 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 07:07 AM)Pliind Wrote: Well shiieet. Effectively it will be no difference for me as i drew a wire from amp to back door tweeters, and the fault for mid rear speakers missing will still live on. ?

What is the year of your car and what is the year of replaced AUD. The wiring is different.  

Ooo, are you suggesting the DTC's referring to speakers "6" and "8" are referencing the D6 and D8 negative wires?

My car is a 2018 V90CC. My donor AUD is from a 2019 XC60. I have flashed it to change its configuration to a V/XC90. Going from HP to HK, i drew new wires to the rear doors to add the tweeters, with the woofers already being there. As for the front doors, I added new wires as well to put the tweeter and mids in parallel on their own channel, whereas before they were in parallel with the woofer.
(07-29-2024, 07:07 AM)Pliind Wrote: Well shiieet. Effectively it will be no difference for me as i drew a wire from amp to back door tweeters, and the fault for mid rear speakers missing will still live on. ?

Same as spacemanspiff but im missing speakers rather than had one pair to many :p. And also added wires for rear tweeter.

My car is 2020 and the donor im guessing is a v90 2019 (dont know for sure aa aeller sold it as a v60 amp)
(07-30-2024, 06:37 AM)Pliind Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 01:16 PM)spacemanspiff Wrote: Hard to say. I drew new wires to both the front and rear doors. But I still had the codes.

Same as spacemanspiff but im missing speakers rather than had one pair to many :p. And also added wires for rear tweeter.

My car is 2020 and the donor im guessing is a v90 2019 (dont know for sure aa aeller sold it as a v60 amp)

@Pliind, this is a bit off topic, but after going from HP to HK, can you hear your turn signal noise through your door speakers, or it is only coming from the center?