Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key coding
Just a small note: Apparently there is a new rule in the EU that you are only allowed to program new keys when having certificates. (https://www.vehiclesermi.eu/)

So if you are in the EU and you have VIDA as an independent workshop it may be a problem.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
(05-02-2024, 08:45 AM)TweakeNL Wrote: Just a small note: Apparently there is a new rule in the EU that you are only allowed to program new keys when having certificates. (https://www.vehiclesermi.eu/)

So if you are in the EU and you have VIDA as an independent workshop it may be a problem.

Till day before yesterday everything was working. EU, independent workshop.
Hi. Maybe someone can help me to solve the problem? I have used key from another car, then i try programming him to the car (xc60 2019my), i put key in cup holder, battery new, Orbit say Key not found, and then i read DTC, i receive error CEM: Key system programming failures-system programming failures, what am i doing wrong? Orbit version newest, pin 11 generated/saved. I read the forum, and didn't find an answer. Thank you very much for help.
Question.   I ordered a used Volvo key fob, the one with buttons.

Tried adding it to my 2022 Polestar.   OrBit retrieved the PIN,  but says key not found (in cupholder).

I did notice it states that it can program "passive key fob".  Does that mean the one without buttons?

Possible that I got a bad fob, I did put a new battery in it.  Not sure how likely that is?

Thanks.
Is there a solution to the problem?
(05-30-2024, 01:33 PM)Swer Wrote: Hi. Maybe someone can help me to solve the problem? I have used key from another car, then i try programming him to the car (xc60 2019my), i put key in cup holder, battery new, Orbit say Key not found, and then i read DTC, i receive error CEM: Key system programming failures-system programming failures, what am i doing wrong? Orbit version newest, pin 11 generated/saved. I read the forum, and didn't find an answer. Thank you very much for help.
I had the same problem, 'key not found' and 'programming failure', also in a XC60 MY2019. I was able to program the keys in the end by changing the position of the key in the cupholder. Try a few different positions, worked for me.
(06-11-2024, 11:52 AM)Swer Wrote: Is there a solution to the problem?

Hi try to put the Volvo loggo point outside in the cupholder you should see the loggo when its placed there.
Worked for me.
thanks guys i will try it
(06-19-2024, 12:27 PM)Swer Wrote: thanks guys i will try it

Hi here is some pictures how it should be done.        
Last week I tried to program a new key. I have two used keys. but the Orbit 11level code could not be calculated, and programming the key is not possible. I tried three times, same result

Pin Extract failed
Error Reason: Error getting data from the CEM

XC40 2018 D4 AWD R-Design
p.s. is there any hope for a solution? I really hoped that this would work in my car. I really need this option. Now I'm upset Sad