Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key coding
(11-27-2023, 05:04 PM)Power6 Wrote: The "MS" keys...the only way that I know to tell is the FCC ID printed on the keys, inside the case, under the key blade on the normal fob, and on the fob shell of the buttonless "sport key". Older keys FCCID is YGOHUF8423, the Motion Sensor keys are YGOHUF8423MS. 

I don't know about the origins of Aliexpress keys, but I would look for that, or the brand and model number is in the FCCID, HUF 8432 or HUF 8432MS.

I found little bit more explanation on Polestar forum HERE.
BUT! There is also information that the MS key does not help to avoid remote scanning Sad
I would agree (I've read that thread)...in practice the MS keys may not be that great of an upgrade. At least it seems they took a "make it very compatible and trouble free" approach, with a long timeout on motion. I figure it does what it says...the key sitting inside the house overnight, that has not moved in hours, it's probably safe from relay attack...probably ;-)
I have tested the MS key myself. I put the key on my car wheel and let it sit for the timeout period, 30 minutes I believe. I came back and could not unlock/open the car. Moved the key a bit and I could get in. 

In theory if someone followed you home, or waited until after you left the car they could run a relay attack within the timeout period, but that is pretty nuts. Most of the time, people are trying to break into cars at night and steal ashtray change.
Hi i try to program a sportkey to my v90 cc 2018, but it not work, it only be error.
New at this. Thanks for all help
Hey Team, I am looking to buy a used keyfob for like 30$ off of Ebay as my original key fell and cracked. Will I be able to just reprogram the key to the car ? Or will I have to take the used key to Dealer for unlocking ?
(02-05-2024, 07:53 PM)Staffanlind Wrote: Hi i try to program a sportkey to my v90 cc 2018, but it not work, it only be error.
Driving 2019 V90CC and had the same problem on Sunday. Thinking to replace the battery and try again.
Already open sportkey plastic shell and going to solder battery holder that allows to replace battery when needed.
This is the only idea I'd got so far. How "fresh" is your sportkey?
(02-06-2024, 06:11 PM)BorD Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 07:53 PM)Staffanlind Wrote: Hi i try to program a sportkey to my v90 cc 2018, but it not work, it only be error.
Driving 2019 V90CC and had the same problem on Sunday. Thinking to replace the battery and try again.
Already open sportkey plastic shell and going to solder battery holder that allows to replace battery when needed.
This is the only idea I'd got so far. How "fresh" is your sportkey?
It's a new one from aliexpress.
so probably dead...
(02-06-2024, 09:40 PM)danthe88 Wrote: so probably dead...

Hard to say, maybe my 2018 can't code the key.
Hello 
I'm new to the forum and just started some research for third party diag software for my XC90.   So far I've been reading good things about orbit.  Has anyone managed to program keys for 2016 yet?  Just to say, despite of the unsuccess of decoding the CEM pin for earlier SPAs, I still think it will be a bargain to purchase the software.