Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key coding
As I said, I was 100% unable to program prox sport keys with a dead battery... as soon as I replaced the battery it worked. I had 2 of them, so that was not a coincidence... Just as a note if someone someday has a similar "problem", since all used prox remotes are sold with a dead battery...
(01-13-2024, 09:44 PM)danthe88 Wrote: As I said, I was 100% unable to program prox sport keys with a dead battery... as soon as I replaced the battery it worked. I had 2 of them, so that was not a coincidence... Just as a note if someone someday has a similar "problem", since all used prox remotes are sold with a dead battery...

So. Since I don’t have one with a dead battery to test yet.

There must be a valid contingency plan for if my sport key goes dead while I’m out (since there’s no metal backup key).

I guess do a remote unlock using the app and hope the dead key is recognized in the cup holder for start purposes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know what will happen when the battery goes out on an already programmed sport...
My experience is about programming it for the first time.
I guess, a car will warn you when the battery goes low, so you will have some time before it stops working... Starting shouldn't be the problem, but unlocking probably will be
Was delighted to find that, although my xc60 was purchased in October 2018 (but shows as a 2019 on the Volvo app.) Orbit was able to crack the CEM pin and I just coded a used motion sensing key that was purchased for £22 on eBay. 
Someone else a page or two back had issues with the pin cracking process not working, which I also initially had. It was simply because I, stupidly, had the engine running (it's bloody cold here just now). Power 6 very quickly got back to me to point out that this was the issue and with the car just in active mode, not running, the process was very quick and straightforward. 
Great work! 
I have an AliExpress sports fob coming as an additional backup so will see how that goes.
18/19 XC60 T5 R-Line Pro
Enabled with Orbit: ACC/PA/Corner Speed Assist, Smartphone Integration, Start Stop Memory
Can confirm - key coding is working. Coded today orange used key, everything was excellent in few minutes! The only, let say, 'side effect' was - all settings in IHU and dashboard have been reset back to USA settings (odometer, temperature, time format etc.), unless the car is fully converted to EU.
Can't anyone confirm that key pin extraction is possible on aaos / icup cars? 
Or is it still down to the cem model?
Question to Andrew: what happens with new coded key if somebody makes CEM reload/update online? Will it remain coded on will disappear?
Already answered… coded keys will stay coded
Is there a chance anyone knows the models/years covered before purchasing the software? Keen to “DIY” a key, but want to know ahead of time whether or not my car is supported. ‘18 XC90 (Sensus) FWIW.
@zparnold https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread...86#pid2186