Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC operation question ?
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum in order to change the configuration of my new Volvo vehicle.
I took the plunge by leaving Audi ?.

I am looking for some information to activate the ACC of my vehicle, it has intellisafe assist and I would like to know if the ACC only uses the camera on the windshield or you have to have the radar in the grille of the vehicle for it to work ?
Hi! This is more of a config question than OrBit question, I might move this to the correct forum, or maybe leave it here for future new users to find ;-)

First if you have "Intellisafe Assist" you should already have Adaptive Cruise(ACC) and Pilot Assist(PA) which is included under that branding?

If you don't have PA/ACC, you can enable it with OrBit. The safety systems in the car already require the same hardware that is needed for PA/ACC. There is the safety camera at the top of the windshield, and if you have a "Sensus" car the radar unit is located there too. On the newer "Android" infotainment cars, the radar sensor was moved to the front grille. Either way you already have those sensors whether you have PA/ACC or not. 

There are multiple "items" to set to enable PA/ACC, OrBit has "Config Presets" to make this easier, it picks what should be compatible settings based on the model and hardware config of the connected car. On the configurator tab, click on "Config Presets" and choose from a few different options and apply the settings to the Configurator table. For more info about why there are multiple settings check on this thread: https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread.php?tid=4

Hello, I actually saw the term Intellisafe Assist, I thought that was it but no, it's just Intellisafe.

Thank you for answering my question quickly, I'm glad who has the equipment to activate the ACC Smile

A little off topic: Does a BMW Enet cable work with the Orbit software?

Can we use an Ethernet to USB adapter ?
Yes, BMW ENET compatible adapter works with OrBit.

USB Ethernet adapter is OK too.
Hello, thank you for your answer I actually bought the RJ45 to USB adapter, like laptops these days no longer have the RJ45 port I said that I was going to try it all the same and indeed everything is very good thank you Smile
One small note, USB to Ethernet adapters work well but not all the large adapters work (One of mine with HDMI RJ45, USD, etc. Works but another docking station doesn't).

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk