Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software activation niggle
I just purchased a year's subscription and CEM pin for my XC60. 
While waiting for the CEM pin to be generated from my VIN, I've downloaded and installed the software ready to play with it. I obtained the 'one-time' code (based on my purchase email address) which activated the software for use. But apparently, this is only for that session of use. I was surprised to be asked to go through the entire process again the next time I invoked the software. Is this something I'll have to do every time I run the software? More like 'every-time' code rather than 'one-time' code. Which may become a little irritating.  Especially if I don't have an internet connection when working on the car. Although I appreciate this method provides far better protection from the software being pirated.
It’s cached - from the change log of the relevant release:

Quote:New features:
  • Cached login - Yes finally you don't have to get a code every time ;-) As long as you log in successfully with a code, OrBit will now let you log in with the same cached user up to 20 times on the same day. For most that means you only need to authenticate one a day.

https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread.php?tid=137

So login inside, step out to the garage Smile
I used orbit in the airplane on a 10h flight.

Once logged in you can keep the session alive as long as you want.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Works for me. Thanks for clarifying.
OrBit will cache the login for a day. There is a limit to logins, 25 if I remember writing the code ;-) But generally within a day you should only need to authenticate once.