Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Navigation Satellite System
(06-03-2023, 03:28 PM)mrs Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 12:27 PM)semirsvemir Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 08:25 PM)semirsvemir Wrote: Does anyone know if it is possible to change the region?
If the car is from the US market, how to change the region and install EU maps
Thanks

I found a solution Smile

If you found solution to your questions, then write it here, that other members can benefit by your findings, otherwise is useless writing "found solution" , if not write what you found, to help other people with same issue.

(06-01-2023, 01:18 PM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 05:31 PM)dominik.alam Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 03:11 PM)marinalin85 Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 10:26 PM)dominik.alam Wrote: I did my upgrade as well. Working on spot. Just wondering if any of you guys did get the weather app availible after enabling sensus navigation

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Weather works with internet from what I remember. Bluetooth or Wi-Fi

my car is connectwd to internet by bluetooth connection, but no weather app is availible. Did you have the app before you installed sensus navi?
also did anyone get the possibility to send a destination to the car with volvo application?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Weather was available in the "app store" but I had navi from factory
Also yes, I can send destination through the app. Is the only way I use it due to addresses being wrong on Sensus or different spelling from German language

In my car wasn't NAV activated by factory, but activated similar way like Orbit offers, ago were just those useless "internet" maps , it's just simple app with maps you need download, if remember before activated navigation by changing configuration, that there was Weather app, but suddenly disappeared and not anymore available...

And after activation VoC by Volvo dealer, no option in app to send destination by app to car sensus's nav, think here can be problem that VoC app at activation checked config of car, and as there by factory for my VIN wasn't offline NAV activated, now no option send destination to car , cause VoC still "think" there is no offline NAV, it's just my opinion, no other logic explanation, cause most of people by factory NAV activated has option send destination to car. Other options in VoC work , like lock-unlock car, turn on-off AC, locating car on map, turn lights/horn, checking driving journal, and status of car like oil, fuel , etc.  , i can even get any location on search at VoC app, but can't send it to car, think if solved activation nav by Volvo dealer, it will work.
https://ibb.co/rMxWFZt  this you're missing?

It does make sense that VoC knows you don't have official Nav enabled and might not give you the option. Since the antennas are already there, I wonder how much Volvo is charging for activation...
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(06-06-2023, 10:19 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: https://ibb.co/rMxWFZt  this you're missing?

It does make sense that VoC knows you don't have official Nav enabled and might not give you the option. Since the antennas are already there, I wonder how much Volvo is charging for activation...

Correct, that option is missing, and when i check VoC diag, there is status for "send destination to car" - NO. So , probably Volvo servers check by VIN and see OEM options, and then based on that allow or not.

Yes, i activated NAV function out of Volvo dealer, but that no sense for Volvo app Smile .  Volvo dealers charge much for NAV activation, if remember about 1.2k euros Smile , so not worth only cause sending destination by Volvo app pay such amount, as we can set destination in car, even while we drive, when solved video in motion, at most car brands then allowed entering destination during drive.
(06-13-2023, 02:18 PM)mrs Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 10:19 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: https://ibb.co/rMxWFZt  this you're missing?

Correct, that option is missing, and when i check VoC diag, there is status for "send destination to car" - NO. So , probably Volvo servers check by VIN and see OEM options, and then based on that allow or not.

Yes, i activated NAV function out of Volvo dealer, but that no sense for Volvo app Smile .  Volvo dealers charge much for NAV activation, if remember about 1.2k euros Smile , so not worth only cause sending destination by Volvo app pay such amount, as we can set destination in car, even while we drive, when solved video in motion, at most car brands then allowed entering destination during drive.

1.2k would be way to much even if they had to install the GPS and everything. That's absurd
But hey, Audi wanted 600€ for updates on maps for my A3 cause it didn't had a hardrive map storage, it was SD Card
So Volvo has a +1 from me for free maps updates
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
Yes, it's much, nowdays i see in Sweden at some dealers is 700 euros, in East Europe 350 euros, so seems prices now lower, ago it was 1.2k. 600e for map update too much, usual Audi charges 600e, 300e for nav function + 300e for new SD maps, and work of dealer technician. Volvo has lifetime free maps, same as few other brands VW, Skoda.
For the people who were able to get this to work, what did you select for "453 GLOBAL NAVIGATION SATELLITE SYSTEM"? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
(04-01-2023, 10:56 AM)pingwagen Wrote: Hi all!
I also recently purchased Orbit. And I already tried to work with him on my Volvo 60 Cross Country 2021 model year.
I have already enabled using Orbit ASL and it works great.
My car did not have a navigation system installed. And I wanted to include it too.
The default settings were:
190 GLOBAL NAVIGATION SAT SYSTEM 02 With Global Navigation Satellite System - I was surprised because the navigation was not activated.
223 NAVIGATION SYSTEM AND INTERNET MAP 01 Without Connected Navigation enabled, without Internet map support - here I put 04 (tried other values)
453 GLOBAL NAVIGATION SATELLITE SYSTEM - here the value was 00 unknown. I have tried values from 01 to 04.
As a result, it was not possible to turn on navigation. At first I thought that the maps were not loaded. I downloaded the necessary package from the Volvo website - but they are not loaded into the car.
Then I discovered another interesting point. If you enable automatic time correction by GPS, then the time becomes incorrect by plus six hours!
I tried to return to OEM, but the situation did not change.
Has anyone else come across such features? Share your experience?

https://youtu.be/FLDXD--4VRc

Hi, I am in the same position as you were here. I was trying to install maps on a fat32 8Gb usb, ntfs 16Gb usb (only Scandinavia), but no succes. I am downloading all Europe now, on a fat32 64 Gb (it is a slow procces, acording your video) so maybe it will work. My concern is that I think I only have around 20Gb space on my Sensus and the map is around 56Gb.
I managed to fix enough with OrBit, but Navigation activation, was my main option. Still got hope Big Grin
Hi

Change yesterday 223 NAVIGATION SYSTEM AND INTERNET MAP to 3 (without internet maps or something). It ask me to place usb with maps. Since I have no memory stick 64GB I used 4TB 2,5' hard drive but I limited it to 62GB (one partition, NTFS). Copy maps directly to the drive. Drive run up but installation of EU maps didn't take place. It seems that the drive wasn't detected or there was an error in files. Does anyone know if a HD like mine should work with the car and I'm doing something wrong or 4TB drive is not being detected by the car? 
I've order a new flash drive 64GB but I will get in on Friday, and you know what's it like, when you want to finish the work you started but don't have a proper tool.  Dodgy
Any idea?

Answer: got the memory stick 64gb. Copy all the files to pendrive and was detected straight away (exFAT) . Installing Europe maps now. So the 2,5' hard drive won't work.