Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Navigation Satellite System
Hi all!
I also recently purchased Orbit. And I already tried to work with him on my Volvo 60 Cross Country 2021 model year.
I have already enabled using Orbit ASL and it works great.
My car did not have a navigation system installed. And I wanted to include it too.
The default settings were:
190 GLOBAL NAVIGATION SAT SYSTEM 02 With Global Navigation Satellite System - I was surprised because the navigation was not activated.
223 NAVIGATION SYSTEM AND INTERNET MAP 01 Without Connected Navigation enabled, without Internet map support - here I put 04 (tried other values)
453 GLOBAL NAVIGATION SATELLITE SYSTEM - here the value was 00 unknown. I have tried values from 01 to 04.
As a result, it was not possible to turn on navigation. At first I thought that the maps were not loaded. I downloaded the necessary package from the Volvo website - but they are not loaded into the car.
Then I discovered another interesting point. If you enable automatic time correction by GPS, then the time becomes incorrect by plus six hours!
I tried to return to OEM, but the situation did not change.
Has anyone else come across such features? Share your experience?

https://youtu.be/FLDXD--4VRc
Do you have 2 usb ports in the armrest? If yes, which one did you use for updating the maps?
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
(04-01-2023, 04:56 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: Do you have 2 usb ports in the armrest? If yes, which one did you use for updating the maps?

The port is double, a port with a white frame was used.
(04-01-2023, 10:56 AM)pingwagen Wrote: Hi all!
I also recently purchased Orbit. And I already tried to work with him on my Volvo 60 Cross Country 2021 model year.
My car did not have a navigation system installed. And I wanted to include it too.
190 GLOBAL NAVIGATION SAT SYSTEM 02 With Global Navigation Satellite System - I was surprised because the navigation was not activated.
223 NAVIGATION SYSTEM AND INTERNET MAP 01 Without Connected Navigation enabled, without Internet map support - here I put 04 (tried other values)
453 GLOBAL NAVIGATION SATELLITE SYSTEM - here the value was 00 unknown. I have tried values from 01 to 04.
As a result, it was not possible to turn on navigation. At first I thought that the maps were not loaded. I downloaded the necessary package from the Volvo website - but they are not loaded into the car.
Then I discovered another interesting point. If you enable automatic time correction by GPS, then the time becomes incorrect by plus six hours!

Hello!
I have the same situation, but can't load the maps. I connected USB-Flash with map of Russia, but system doesn't want to read my flash. I tryed both USB but nothing.  May be I need to install map of all Europe and after that map of Russia as upgrade?
(04-07-2023, 12:17 PM)AlexKot Wrote:

Hello!
I have the same situation, but can't load the maps. I connected USB-Flash with map of Russia, but system doesn't want to read my flash. I tryed both USB but nothing.  May be I need to install map of all Europe and after that map of Russia as upgrade?

Я обновлял карту с флешки. Не помню в какой разъем втыкал, но все запустилось и установилось без проблем. Карты лежали на чистой флешке в корневом каталоге. Обновление заняло около часа. Ставил карту Европы, которая 55 Гб.
(04-07-2023, 12:30 PM)Andrei Wrote:

Hello!

Я обновлял карту с флешки. Не помню в какой разъем втыкал, но все запустилось и установилось без проблем. Карты лежали на чистой флешке в корневом каталоге. Обновление заняло около часа. Ставил карту Европы, которая 55 Гб.
Меня немного настораживает тот факт что у меня получается не обновление а закачка новых карт. И не всей Европы а только России. Не понимаю чего ей не хватает. Попробую сегодня обновить голос.
Try this. 
Download the whole Europe. https://www.volvocars.com/mt/support/dow...spa/europe
Open the navigation settings and set your home city / country. 
Try to install. If it does not recognize the USB, try with another one. (happened to me) 
If that does not work, 
First disable the navigation from Orbit, try to install and the re-enable. 
I hope this helps.
(04-08-2023, 06:43 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Try this. 
Download the whole Europe. https://www.volvocars.com/mt/support/dow...spa/europe
Open the navigation settings and set your home city / country. 
Try to install. If it does not recognize the USB, try with another one. (happened to me) 
If that does not work, 
First disable the navigation from Orbit, try to install and the re-enable. 
I hope this helps.

Thank you! I will try!
(04-07-2023, 02:17 PM)AlexKot Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 12:30 PM)Andrei Wrote:

Hello!

Кстати, карты России скачались на флэшку в виде 7 сжатых zip папок и файла DBINFO. Так и должно быть или надо распаковать?  Попробовал обновить голос, все получилось сразу.
Still managed to install the navigation system, everything works fine.
Details in my article.
The reason is very funny - only files should be thrown onto the memory card, without folders. And nothing else!

https://www.drive2.ru/l/643956473671468745/