Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heated steering wheel
(02-03-2024, 09:43 AM)Sodertalje Wrote: Speaking from my own experiences: I did 3 heated steering wheel upgrades, including my own car. All 3 were V60. All 3 had Fuse 13 already in and all 3 were plug and play after exchanging the SWM and steering wheel and loading software. The only thing they had in common was that all 3 were Inscription models.

What software do you load?  Another question...does orbit work with p3's or only spas?
OrBit is SPA(and CMA) Volvo/Polestar only.
Wink 
(02-12-2024, 06:48 PM)Power6 Wrote: OrBit is SPA(and CMA) Volvo/Polestar only.

That's what I was realizing - ugh!  Thank you for all of your amazing work!  For P3's...can I use VDASH to reprogram modules or do I need to get a vida sub?  I have 2014D, but I will need to update the SWM and possibly the HSWM.  P3Tool and vdash alike can activate the Heated Steering Wheel ( P#186 Electricly heated steering wheel) and VIDA has it at #159.  Is that something I can just activate in VIDA or is that a software download?
(02-15-2024, 02:08 PM)volvoxc1245 Wrote:

That's what I was realizing - ugh!  Thank you for all of your amazing work!  For P3's...can I use VDASH to reprogram modules or do I need to get a vida sub?  I have 2014D, but I will need to update the SWM and possibly the HSWM.  P3Tool and vdash alike can activate the Heated Steering Wheel ( P#186 Electricly heated steering wheel) and VIDA has it at #159.  Is that something I can just activate in VIDA or is that a software download?

Well, if your car 2014, you can download full VIDA (there are a lot of sources on the internet) for configuration changes such as setting the heat level of the seats. Don't know if you can enable heated steering wheel though via VIDA. However, you won't be able to download any reload software without subscription.  So, purchase a used one which already has the software instead of buying a blank brand new one.
(02-15-2024, 09:12 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 02:08 PM)volvoxc1245 Wrote:

Well, if your car 2014, you can download full VIDA (there are a lot of sources on the internet) for configuration changes such as setting the heat level of the seats. Don't know if you can enable heated steering wheel though via VIDA. However, you won't be able to download any reload software without subscription.  So, purchase a used one which already has the software instead of buying a blank brand new one.

Ok great - I have VIDA 2014D and I moded the chasis and year to accept my car through the SQL/comparevin method.  I have a used HSWM from an xc60 so it has software loaded, but it only says what years it will fit (14-17) so hopefully that will just be recognized by my xc60.  I had to buy a used clockspring that has the heated plug so I have read that may need either a recalibration or a software upgrade - I get my OBD plug in the mail tomorrow so I will just have to see once it is hooked up and I actually change out/add the hardware.

I still have not found the plug that goes from the CEM to the HSWM...I have the fuse/wire which I followed from the CEM up into the dash as far as I could see with a flashlight, but I feel they either terminated it in the harness or routed it a different way than the ones ready for the heated steering wheel.

Would there be a possibility that this wire/fuse (on the wiring diagram says it is definitely for the HSWM 12+) powers something else?  

I would think not, but just throwing that out there.  It would seem odd that the wire would just be terminated in the harness, but I wouldn't be shocked.

I still have to take out the dash to add the button so i was going to hopefully see if I can find the wire half way into the dash harness and continue to follow it that way.  I also thought about just terminating it myself and routing a wire myself and connecting pins myself to the HSWM and then the wire to the SWM.

Thanks again.
Added the HSWM by hardwiring it.  Clipped the wire and wired it myself from the CEM.  

Should the HSWM be read by vida?  

It is not showing up on the screen.  I am pretty sure everything is hooked up right - it just needs to have the + and - out hooked up with the clockspring, but the 12+, ground, and LIN wires are all hooked up.  I don't have the button yet (gets delivered tomorrow) so I am not sure if I need the button to complete the circuit.