Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enable configuration menus while in motion?
Hi there,

While in motion, some of the configuration menus in the IHU become disabled with a driver distraction warning. Is it possible to disable this behavior with Orbit? I'd be nice if the passenger to could still continue to use the full functionality of the screen.

I've tried changing the following with no luck:
  • “DRIVER DISTRACTION PROTECTION” from “02 Driver Distraction Protection A” to “01 without Driver Distraction Protection ”
  • "VIDEO ALLOWED” from “03 Speed dependent” to “01 Always”

This is a North American Volvo with an AAOS system.

Thanks!
Seems this may be a restriction set within AAOS / apps: https://source.android.com/docs/devices/...guidelines
^^ Yeah, even Android Auto on Sensus does this. It's a google thing. They remove all keyboard options, make it speech only, implement scroll blockers. Ironically all of these things prompt you to pick up your phone and do it the 'easy' way.  
The most frustrating thing is trying to scroll through Spotify as a passenger... Safety pause.... Safety pause....

Progress!!
There is options for Android Auto when used apps which support playing Youtube videos, by using some xposed mod, to be able use kb while car in move,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/xpose...50/page-34

or using by voice instructions Smile
(06-07-2023, 07:28 AM)x119 Wrote: ^^ Yeah, even Android Auto on Sensus does this. It's a google thing. They remove all keyboard options, make it speech only, implement scroll blockers. Ironically all of these things prompt you to pick up your phone and do it the 'easy' way.  
The most frustrating thing is trying to scroll through Spotify as a passenger... Safety pause.... Safety pause....

Progress!!
Ahaha spoon annoying on my AA

My wife scrolls the YouTube music playlist to find THE song my kids absolutely want to hear right now and she gets the safety pause all the time. Quite stupid

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk