Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking Assist Pilot
Hello everyone,
I have a question. I’ll try Orbit at the weekend. What do i have to set to activate the parking assist pilot? For parking in parallel ans transverse parking spaces. I have the prerequisites for my XC90. 

Thank you for your help.
Hi,
Front must have 6 parking sensors. On the right and left side.
Yes, I beleive if you have installed the sensors, it should work with config. A long time ago I tried changing my config from F+R parking assist, to the "Park Assist Pilot" not knowing there are extra sensors needed...with that config and missin sensors, the the dash lights up with "Park Assist unavailable" and trouble codes are set for "invalid missing signal" for the additional sensors that are required.

Item 142 in OrBit. You may need to try some options there. I think if your car is like mine (03 Parking Assistance, rear and front) that "04 Parking assistance, Semi-Automatic Parking" is what you want.
(04-04-2023, 09:52 PM)Dennis84xx Wrote: Hello everyone,
I have a question. I’ll try Orbit at the weekend. What do i have to set to activate the parking assist pilot? For parking in parallel ans transverse parking spaces. I have the prerequisites for my XC90. 

Thank you for your help.

Hi, 
I installed myself and purchased the software from VIDA 18 months ago. I did know that Orbit existed back than. 
If you have only back sensors. You'll need this 
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...23%20L.H.D

If you have front and back sensors already, you will need this. 
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/...23%20L.H.D

But keep in mind, VOVLO does not sell the harnesses anymore at least in US. The package only includes, (4 sensors, plastics that holds the sensors, zip ties and some other stuff)  So, I had to wire the new 4 sensors myself. All the sensors has tree wires and two of them are common. So, each sensor has individual connection to CEM.  

I purchased CEM terminal repair wire ($2.5) each. You'll need at least four of them. Connect the repair terminal one by one because they are all red. not to get confused which one goes on the which. 

good luck
Tried changing from 03 (Front+rear) to 04 (Semi-auto) today without luck. Got the "Park Assist System Unavailable; Service Required".

This was on a V60CC -19 with 360 cameras and 6 sensors in the front, four in the front and one on each side.
Had my doubts :-) Not having seen hard confirmation from anyone about it working, and the setting being in the "Show all" group only.

Anyway, fun to try, got my hopes up when the buttons showed up and "Park Out" said it just supported parallel parking, but when driving away I got the error on the dashboard instead.
(09-02-2023, 08:19 PM)plundra Wrote: Tried changing from 03 (Front+rear) to 04 (Semi-auto) today without luck. Got the "Park Assist System Unavailable; Service Required".

This was on a V60CC -19 with 360 cameras and 6 sensors in the front, four in the front and one on each side.
Had my doubts :-) Not having seen hard confirmation from anyone about it working, and the setting being in the "Show all" group only.

Anyway, fun to try, got my hopes up when the buttons showed up and "Park Out" said it just supported parallel parking, but when driving away I got the error on the dashboard instead.

you need 6 sensors at the back and 6 at the front.  It's strange though that you have 6 at the front but none at the back from the factory.  
check this out. If you enable the park assist pilot without all 12 sensors, you will get a warning and the regular park assistance will not work either. 
If you have 4 at the back already, this means you will need to add 2 more (1 at each side.) and connect them to the CEM. 
Now, the part number 32261312 in the guide no longer includes the wiring and the harness. It only includes the sensors (4), the plastic holders, zip ties, firewall plastics. 

You'll need to wire them yourself like I did.
(09-05-2023, 03:40 AM)IMAYO2023 Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 08:19 PM)plunda Wrote: Intenté cambiar de 03 (delantero + trasero) a 04 (semiautomático) hoy sin suerte. Obtuve el mensaje "Sistema de asistencia de estacionamiento no disponible; se requiere servicio".

Esto fue en un V60CC -19 con cámaras 360 y 6 sensores en el frente, cuatro en el frente y uno en cada lado.
Tenía mis dudas :-) No había visto confirmación concreta de nadie acerca de que funcionaba y la configuración estaba solo en el grupo "Mostrar todo".

De todos modos, fue divertido intentarlo, me hice ilusiones cuando aparecieron los botones y "Estacionar" decía que solo admitía estacionamiento en paralelo, pero al alejarme apareció el error en el tablero.

Necesitas 6 sensores en la parte trasera y 6 en la parte delantera. Sin embargo, es extraño que tengas 6 en la parte delantera pero ninguno en la parte trasera de fábrica.  
mira esto . Si habilita el piloto de asistencia de estacionamiento sin los 12 sensores, recibirá una advertencia y la asistencia de estacionamiento regular tampoco funcionará. 
Si ya tiene 4 en la parte posterior, esto significa que deberá agregar 2 más (1 a cada lado) y conectarlos al CEM. 
Ahora, el número de pieza 32261312 en la guía ya no incluye el cableado ni el arnés. Solo incluye los sensores (4), los soportes de plástico, bridas, plásticos cortafuegos. 

Tendrás que conectarlos tú mismo como lo hice yo.

¡Hola!
He instalado todo y lo he activado, pero no funciona y me da los siguientes errores.
¿Puedes ayudarme o guiarme?
Si solo activo los sensores delanteros y traseros me sale error con 3 sensores.
Si activas la asistencia automática me salen muchos más errores.
[adjunto=243][adjunto=244]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Either you have a wiring problem or your existing sensors did not match to the new ones 
305. PARKING ASSISTANCE SENSOR GENERATION check this too.
I have put these sensors
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExnEAyH
I have checked all the pin-to-pin wiring and continuities and everything is correct.
The curious thing is that only the right fog light pin 72 works, the one that is larger.

But neither the sensors nor the left fog pin 12.
I have tried configuring front and rear only 6 sensors and neither.

I have no idea where to go... 
to start crying...

Don't ever buy sensors from Ali Express for any car.  %80 they are all faulty or does not actually the correct ones for the CAR/MODEL as they claim. 
So, you got 8 of them. Keep in mind fronts and rear sensor are different and their connectors are slightly different to avoid connecting a front sensor to rear.  So, if all the new 8 sensors are the same, they send you the wrong ones. 
Take the new 2 rear sensors and replace what you have originally at the rear and put the setting back to factory "Rear Park Assist only" Most likely you will get DTC due to faulty sensor.